Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Everything Must Belong Somewhere

.[ten].

by loversintomonsters 5 reviews

i'm not sure if anyone reads this anymore. that's fun.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-06-27 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 793 words

3Exciting
I sat at the local coffee shop and sipped on my coffee while I stared at nothing in particular. Secretly, I didn't much like coffee, but this place had a safe feeling to it, which was rare in Seattle.

It had been a week since I had slept with Pete. I hadn't heard from him since and I didn't expect to any time soon. He hadn't heard from me either and he shouldn't expect to any time soon. That's the way these things went, I supposed. I had never actually done anything like that before, so I couldn't be sure.

I hadn't told Zak a thing, but I hadn't not told him either. He suspected something by the change in my attitude and my willingness to opt out of situations that involved or could possibly involve Pete and the rest of his band even in the slightest, but Zak was patient and kind and he would wait until I decided to tell him that I cheated on him on the worst way.

My coffee had become obnoxiously cold when I heard the scraping against concrete alerting me that the chair across from me had been moved.

"Is this where you usually go for coffee?" Patrick questioned.

"Interestingly enough, this is where I usually go to purchase furniture, but there seems to be a shortage of that today, so I got coffee instead." I deadpanned, looking past him barely acknowledging his presence.

"I have seen your apartment. You do not buy furniture." He laughed at his own joke as I inwardly smiled at how right he was.

"Then it's a shame there's such a shortage today."

Patrick sighed loudly and sadly.

"You don't listen to a damn thing anyone tells you." He stated his fact. He didn't seem angry like the last time we spoke, just honest and somewhat upset.

"And yet people keep telling me things." I was still choosing to not look at him.

"I know what happened, Charley. I warned you to stay away from him. I tried to tell you."

"What? Did you have to take his lifeless body to the hospital again? No, because I didn't do anything to him, Patrick."

He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"No, but he did something to you. I didn't tell you to stay away from Pete for his benefit. I told you for yours."

"Excuse me?" I quit starting into space and tried to understand what Patrick had just told me by dissecting his facial expressions.

"Oh, Charley." Patrick shook his head. He looked at me as if I were a puppy who had been kicked too many times. He pitied me and I instantly hated it.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I reached inside of my bag for a cigarette.

"I know Pete better than anyone and I know that he has too much pride to let you get away with hurting him as badly as you did."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I repeated, staring at him blankly.

"He wanted revenge on you. He wants to hurt you as badly as you hurt him. That is why I told you to stay away from him."

Everything stopped the minute Patrick finished that sentence. Time. My heart. The entire fucking world. I felt nauseous. Sick to my stomach. Suddenly everything made sense. That's why Pete had been trying so hard to for a friendship with me. So that he could fuck me over and hurt me as badly as he claimed I hurt him two years ago. Of course this was all about revenge. He planned this from the start. Friendship was just bait and of course I just bit. I felt fucking stupid. Like a goddamn idiot.

I grabbed my purse and stood up. I had no idea where I was going, but I couldn't stay here. I couldn't sit in front of Pete's best friend and have him look at me like a dumb little girl. Like a whore.

"Charley, I didn't tell you that to upset you. I just didn't want you to think that--"

I cut him off before he could finish.

"That that night meant something to him? I wouldn't dare think that." I spoke angrily as a I quickly walked away.

I felt used. Angry. Unsure of what to do with myself. I couldn't go back to my place. It was now littered with memories of him. His memory was going to taint this town, much like it did the old one. I didn't know what else to do, besides run. It's what I'm good at. It's what I do.

I wasn't sure what I was going yet, but I was getting the hell out of this town for a while.
Sign up to rate and review this story