Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Friends and Enemies

Chapter 15- Gaurdian Angels Cry Too- July 21

by rejected_smurf_god 1 review

Gaurdian Angels aren't always happy, are they?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 924 words

0Unrated
Ten days. That was how many days we had until Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Andy left for Maryland. Nadia told me that it would be another year before they would be back home.

Those words were code for: Kiss your friends good bye because by the time they come back you'll all be changed.

Speaking of Nadia, she and Andy have a date together. It's very small and happens during the break Andy sometimes takes.

Of couse Pete never takes the time to fit me in his schedule. At least Joe and Patrick fight for their right to par-tay* with their girlfriends (Leslie told me she still couldn't get used to saying that she was 'girlfriend' of Joesph Mark Troughman)

Mostly it's just me sitting in my room, mopeing, even ever-shy Amy has plans she can't drop. Leslie had to take extra shifts at 'Not Dead' to pay for college tuition money in two years. Joe still calls me. It's mostly because all of the guys and Amy have told him if he talks for more than 5 minutes a day about Leslie when she's not around they will rip off his balls and stick them so far up his ass, he'd puke them up again.**

so he turned to me. Great.

Now, since No-Named Band is busy, and Amy and Leslie have better things to do, I wander downtown alone, just observing. Once I sat next to a homeless guy who claimed I had angel wings on my back. His dog howled so loud taht I had to get up but they both lookd so skinny that I grabbed the man's hand, pulled him up, treated him to dinner, and also gave his dog lots of left over food from my dog.

"Bless you. You are my gaurdian angel." He croaked after me.

I discovered new things after that. There was a couple on a bench that, every now and then, would share a kiss. Two best friends, a boy and a girl, pointed to the stars as they peeked out into the sky. The boy quietly glanced at the girl and then slowly slid the hand he had latched onto her arm down do her hand and he laced his fingers with hers. She looked utterly surprised but after a minute or two she smiled at him, brought their clasped hands to her lips, and placed a kiss on his knuckles. He looked over at her with so much love, my heart began to ache with want of love from my best friend.

But we were avoiding one another, why would he want to see me?

I stopped in a middle of a sidewalk and looked around my hometown's downtown. People were laughing, people were loving, and people were living, my heart was breaking and aching and there was no one there to mend it. No one.

Someone waved to me. I saw it from the corner of my eye. When I turned I saw Stacy waving at me from across the street. I quickly looked around me. No one else, no booby-traps. What was Stacy Linden up to?

Nothing apparently. She just wanted to show me her new boyfriend, Chris.

Ooh, the irony.

I waved back at her and kept walking hoping they wouldn't talk to me because as much as I really wanted to see Chris (please not the excessive sarcasm) I don't think I could handle Chris AND Stacy. Better yet, Chris and Stacy being all lovey-dovey with each other.

Were me and Pete ever like that?

Will we ever be again?

I shook my head clearing my thoughts but they just kept clouding my mind.

Me and Pete didn't really break up did we?

My shoulder devil sneered, "Nah, but he left you behind."

My shoulder angel murmured a "He'll always love you. He told you himself."

I mentally flicked them away and bought ice cream to freeze the thoughts away. Of course that didn't work either the thoughts kept coming back.

My phone viberated and even though I've been bitching about how Pete and my other friends haven't called me in forever I ignored it and continued my walk.

I explored shops I used to think stupid and pointless and even bought a book on interpreting dreams at a phycic's store. It was actually pretty cool.

My body ached and my list of places to go was slowly lingering to only a few shops.

I got a coffee from a local cafe, because I refuse to buy that Starbucks shit, and continued my walk though downtown. Soon I was no longer downtown but I was in the Regions Park. The park where Pete and I met Joe in eighth grade. The park where Pete jumped off the swings and had to get his head stitched. I rmember kissing the scar for good luck whenever he or I would seperate for more than a few days.

I guess that could be my excuse for my fucked up summer. I didn't kiss his scar. It's pretty lame, but it's all I got that doesn't involve blaming it all on me.

When I finally got home, I checked my phone and I noted the missed call I had felt as I walked downtown.

It was a number I didn't know and when I called the number some dude exclaiming "Spencer!*" answered.

God damnit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*= Beastie Boys gotta love 'em.
**= Yes Sarah, I use that quote WAYYY too often but I love it.
*= Spencer....hmmm....maybe Spencer will be back next book...hmmm...
Sign up to rate and review this story