Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Romance Is Dead

Chapter Fifteen

by rainydaykid13 1 review

Do you love me?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 1108 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was late that night, long after Kendall had gone to bed.

Patrick stood at the kitchen sink, his head hung low and his eyes closed.

He was still trying to understand it.

Why would Addie do this to him?

He thought she was different.

He knew she was different.

His mind was still flooded with questions, but one seemed to stand out :

/Why did this always happen to him?/

He took off his glasses and cleaned them on his shirt.

Addie sat at the table across from Andy, staring down at her hands and sucking nervously on her bottom lip.

She knew he was angry, and oddly enough she understood.

He had every right to be mad at her, she only wished that it hadn't happened that way.

Patrick finally turned to look at her. He felt a sigh escape his lips as he shrugged,"Why?" he asked simply.

Addie thought for a moment before shaking her head,"I don't know."

Patrick looked to Andy,"You?".

Andy shrugged,"I don't know."

Patrick leaned on the cabinet and stared at the two of them without saying a word.

It frightened her, how calm he was being.

She almost wanted him to yell at her, she hated that he was so calm, so silent, it made her wonder what he was thinking, and that scared her.

"How could you dishonor me like this, Addie?" he asked finally, trying to keep his composure.

Addie stared back at him, her eyes vacant and distant, almost like she wasn't even there.

She was afraid to answer, she didn't know what to say.

This was her fault, now she had to answer for it.

Needless to say she didn't want to.

"Well?" Patrick spoke again, taking off his hat and running his hand through his sandy blond hair before placing it back on his head.


"I... I'm sorry," Addie mumbled,"I was wrong."

"Yeah, yeah, you were wrong,"Patrick said, his voice raising slightly.

"Andy?" he asked.

Andy looked up at him wordlessly.

"My best friend, my band mate, Addie. You cheated on me, and it had to be one of my best fucking friends!" Patrick thundered, finally losing his grip.

"I'm sorry," Addie said again, her voice beginning to quiver,"I don't know what I was thinking."

Patrick rubbed his temples, trying to calm himself down.

"Patrick, I -" her words were cut off.

"Do you love me?" Patrick asked Addie, carefully watching her as Andy sat in still silence.

"Yes," she said quickly, not missing a beat.

"Then why?"

"I don't know," she said again.

"Patrick," Andy finally spoke, "I'm really sorry, man."

"No, you shut up," Patrick frowned angrily.

Andy threw his hands in the air defensively but shut his mouth nonetheless.

"Just... just go," Patrick said, his voice quivering.

He took off his glasses and wiped his eyes again as Addie stood up and shuffled off towards their bedroom, quickly packing her things and rushing back downstairs.

Andy had since slunk off to his bedroom and Patrick stood in the dim light of the kitchen all alone.

She gave him one last intense, desperate look, locking the image away in her memory banks before opening the door and driving away.

Patrick walked silently back to his bedroom and changed into a pair of flannel pajama pants and a tshirt before sitting down on his bed, staring at the wall.

"Why?!" He shouted, punching the wall as the drywall crumbled under the impact of his fist.

"Fuck!" he shouted, cradling his throbbing fist in his other hand.

He sighed irritatedly before falling back onto the bed, defeated.

There was a light knock on the door, "Daddy?" Kendall asked, walking in cautiously,"You alright?"

Patrick didn't even look up,"Go on back to bed, sweetheart, I'm alright."

Kendall ignored him, walking into the room.

She looked at the newly punctured wall before looking back at her father,"What happened?".

"Nothing, you really should go back to bed now," Patrick sighed.

"Was it that bad?" Kendall asked, further inspecting the damage.

"Neither of them said a word, I told her to leave."

"At least your taking this like a grown up this time," Kendall sighed, sitting down on the bed next to him.

He sat up,"What's so great about being a grown up anyway? So I can turn out like you?" he said bitterly.

"Other people just let you down. Why don't you stop worrying about her and just do someting for yourself?"

"Every song reminds me of her."

"Other than music," she added.

"It's the only thing I'm good at."

"You're a great dad," Kendall offered.

He smiled.

"See? You're good at stuff. Now stand up," Kendall nudged him lightly.

He stood and eyed her suspiciously as she started to turn down the bed.

"Ok, now lay down" she commanded.

He obliged.

She covered him up before rolling up her sleeves and walking over to the ugly green armchair on the far side of the room and starting to push it over in front of the bed.

"What are you doing?" he asked as she gave it one last push.

"Just a little fung shui."

Patrick watched in amusement as his daughter left the room and returned a moment later, carrying her pillow and blanket.

"What's that for?" he asked, as she spread the blanket out on the chair.

"To keep the chair warm," she said sitting the pillow down on the chair as well.

"You know you don't have to sleep in here, I'll be alright," Patrick said.

"I'm not."

"Then what's the pillow for?"

"It's so the blanket doesn't get lonely."

"Uh huh, uh huh, sure."

Kendall clasped her hands together,"Ok, room's balanced, chair looks warm, and the blanket looks happy as a clam. But I'm forgetting something," she said walking closer and picking up the chair,"Oh yeah, I remember."

She plopped down and covered herself up,"Now go to sleep," she commanded her father.

He laughed, Kendall never failed to make him smile, but he still felt empty as he turned on his side and saw nothing but the empty side of the bed, the covers still perfectly pulled up and the pillow still uncreased.

He sighed to himself,"Do you think I'm romantically challenged?" he asked his daughter, but she didn't reply.

He sat up and smiled, Kendall was already asleep, curled up in the chair, her short blond hair fanned out on the pillow.

He lay back and stare at the ceiling, thinking.

Maybe Kendall was all the family he needed.

He looked back over to the empty side of the bed.

Maybe not.
Sign up to rate and review this story