Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > the long tail of a wolf

chapter 3 FLASHBACK: the early years

by brye_the_shadow 2 reviews

the start of brye's life and her past

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Anko, Asuma, Chouji, Gaara, Gai, Genma, Hanabi, Hayate, Hinata, Ino, Inoshi, Iruka, Itachi, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Kankurou, Kazekage, Kiba, Kurenai, Naruto, Neji, Obito, Orochimaru, Rin, Rock Lee, Sakura, Sandaime, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Shikato, Shino - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-29 - 1834 words

1Moving
Chapter 3
FLASHBACK: The Early Years
The tail of the wolf demon of the forest started when brye was born. She was born with that demon, the five tailed wolf demon, sealed within her. Brye was born on a cold winter morning in the konoha hospital. She was raised normally by her mother and father, Mary and obito uchiha. At the age of 1 brye was a proud big sister to keiara uchiha. They were a happy family and didn't mind one of their daughters or sister to be a half demon. Because of her demon brye had a small heart in the middle of her forehead and circles on her palms. They were black in color and small but large enough to tell what it was at a distance. Brye was always strong and her father was proud that by the age of 3 she had decided to become a ninja, just like her father. Obito was the team member of Kakashi hatake, ryn, and their sensei was yodame, later to be called the 4th hokage for sealing another demon the nine tailed demon fox, kyubi. But that was when brye was 4 years old and the boy was a new born child called naruto uzumaki and the demon was just like the 5 tailed. The beast's tails lashed out in furry and rage knocking down trees and killing anyone in its path. When he roared it would cause earthquakes and tidal waves. Toppling mountains and crushing hills under his great paws. That day many ninja lost their lives until the man now called the 4th summoned a giant toad to fight the demon. The toad wore a vest and smoked a long pipe and had a HUGE dagger. This dagger was so big when it fell to the earth into the ground standing up the trees looked like toys in a module. And the noise it mad when it fell was equal to the roar of the fox. But even with this dagger the toad was not match for the demon fox so the 4th sacrificed himself for the village and sealed the demon in the young boy. That was the day brye realized that one being a ninja would be dangerous and 2 she had a demon of the same strength as the nine tailed fox inside her. This fact made her upset at the fact that the thing inside her had killed around the same amount of people as the nine tailed fox did. Brye approached her father with her worries and wanted to learn more about what the 5 tailed wolf had done to the village.
Start Flashback
The young brye one day came up to her father without warning asked,
"Father I have a question can you tell me about the 5 tailed demon please I want to know about what is inside of me?" her father obito was hesitant at first because he did not want his little girl to know what exactly was in her. But in the end he decided it was one thing she needed to know.
"Well 5 years ago this village was confronted with a demon that was the 5 tailed wolf demon of the forest. This demon was very much different than the others for one this demon was a female and was younger than the other demons. She was only 4 years old and the others were at least 200 years old. Because she was a female and very much younger than the others she was also a lot smaller just larger that the Hokage's house. The nine tailed was much, much larger than that. But this demon was also different because she could also speak, her voice was gentle and full of caring. She did not want to attack a village just because she could like the other demons. For about a year she stayed in the forest of death, or the 44th training zone, the biggest of them all so she could stay there and have food and water and she could live there without having to worry about her size. She was fine with that, actually she liked it very much. But then a few months before you were born were the chunin exams and they used that forest as a test and one squad of ninja attacked her without reason and angered her and with her anger she stared to attack the village. We did not want to kill her so we sealed her inside a new born child. That child was you brye. And I think she affects you more than you know because she was distant from the humans and so are you and yet she was so gentle and caring and so are you." Her father explained.
"But father does that mean that I can get really angry and not be able to control myself also?" brye asked
"Yes it does but we need to avoid that because if that seal loosens and just a little bit of the wolf's chakura leaks out then it could be very dangerous." Obito told his young blue haired wolf like daughter.
"but also brye you need to realize that demons are loners but wolves are pack animals they need others to survive so don't stay alone all your life you can't just isolate yourself, make friends have a social life and you might find that to be your greatest tool and remember in the ninja world those who break the rules are trash that is true but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash."
End flashback
The next day her father left on a mission and never came back. His best friend and teammate came back only with Obito's goggles which he wore on missions. Kakashi hatake gave Obito's most prized possession to brye. After that brye did not remember her father's word and isolated herself from everyone. She spent all of her time at the training zone for genin where the KIA memorial stone was. KAI means killed in action. Brye's fathers name was added there soon after his death. Kakashi would sometimes join her there. Brye quickly learned the story of her father's death from his teammate.
brye did as she did every day; she went to the memorial stone to cry where she knew no one could see here and tell her to stop crying that she was going to be a ninja she had to live by the shinobi code of conduct and shinobi rule #2 shinobi don't show emotions in any situation.
"Bull I lost my dad I have the right to cry and besides I'm not even a ninja yet." She would tell herself every day. But that one day Kakashi hatake came to that rock to place flowers there for his fallen friend.
Start Flashback
"I see you here every day brye no doubt here for you father, obito was a good man never let his comrades fall in battle of course that stupidity brought him to his death." Kakashi said. Brye wiped the tears from her eyes.
"Shut up you don't know my father you don't know anything your just a ninja a stupid human you make mistakes too!" brye yelled tears still streaming down her red face. Kakashi knelt down to the young 5 year olds height. He wiped the tears off her face with a smile through the mask he never took off. It covered half his face where his nose and mouth were. And his steel plated head protector covered it left eye which was new to brye.
"you don't know the story of how brave your father was the day he died do you?" Kakashi asked. Brye shook her head. "well your father ryn and I were on a mission to the land of stones and ryn was captured by the enemy and I wanted to continue with our mission that is the way I lived. But your father wanted to go after ryn. I told him that a shinobi must finish the mission and not worry about his friends but he went anyway. I was forced to follow because I could not finish the mission alone. Obito said as we walked.
'Completing a mission is the rule and we are breaking that rule and ninja who break the rules are trash" Kakashi was cut off by brye finishing the sentence for him.
"But those who abandon their friends are worse than trash."
"Yes your father lived by that and we followed the ninja and we got caught in a trap set by them and I lost my left eye, but we continued on to save ryn on my will. Then we found the ninja in a cave and we rescued ryn but the ninja escaped and caused a cave-in I almost went down like my father committing suicide I wasn't going to move from under the falling rocks but your father pushed me out of the way and was crushed under the rocks still alive he gave me this," he paused and reached for the head protector that lay across his left eye. There was a small scratch and when he opened his eye there was the sharingan, the blood line trait of the uchiha clan. It was a blood red eye with small black tear drop shaped marks in a spiral around the pupil in a circle. There were 4 stages to the sharingan. Stage one lets you slow down time to watch an attack and counter it easier, stage 2 can let you mimic an attack it is known as the copy stage and stage 3 known as the hypnotic eye lets you slow down attacks, copy any nin jutsu gen jutsu or tai jutsu and also it lets you control you opponent to a point that he thinks that you can see into the future. You can tell what they are thinking before it happens and trick them into a trap. And the last stage looks different the only way to gain this trait is to kill someone precious to you like your best friend. This stage known as the mengekyu which lets you put your opponent into a different world for up to 72 hours of torture and in the real world only a few seconds pass; along with the mengekyu you gain the tekuyomi which creates a black flame that can burn threw anything and is made of pure chakura it is good for escapes and get a ways. Kakashi only had up to stage 3 which technically was Obito's eye.
"so brye now you know the story of your father's bravery because of him I am alive and so is ryn you should be very proud of your father and do you think he wants to see you alone and always crying?" he asked placing his headband back over his new sharingan eye.
"no I don't think he would be happy seeing me like this." Brye replied
End Flashback
Brye was 5 years old then and on her 9th birthday another tragedy struck her life.
Sign up to rate and review this story