Categories > Movies > Star Wars > In My Daughter's Eyes (a songfic)

In My Daughter's Eyes (a songfic)

by AWritersFantasy 0 reviews

Luke Skywalker has a daughter, and she's all grown up. This is a combination of her wedding and the birth of her first child, and Luke's first granddaughter. R&R! Songfic- In My Daughters Eyes by M...

Category: Star Wars - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Luke, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-11-29 - Updated: 2005-11-29 - 3216 words - Complete

-1Boring
Luke Skywalker . . . was old. And he knew he was getting old, not for the wrinkles on his forehead or grey appearing in what was once bright, sandy blonde hair, but because the baby girl he'd watch grow up into a beautiful, loving woman and Jedi was slowly slipping away from him, and he had no way of stopping it, at least not in a way he'd get away with.

He stood in front of the mirror in the small apartment he had shared with his family for over twenty years, in the bedroom he shared with his wife, Mara Jade. He was fixing the bowtie resting beneath his chin that clung to his neck, and smoothed his black Jedi uniform to rid it from wrinkles. Today was the day of the rehearsal dinner, and in twenty-four hours, his little girl would no longer be his to protect.

Sitting on the burro below the mirror was a small Holo projector that projected random images. The disk in it at the moment held images of Mara, Ben, and Brianna, as well as many other images of his niece and two nephews with his sister, Leia, and his best friend and brother-in-law- Han from over the years.

Suddenly he felt a warm sensation and looked into the mirror, straight into the bright green eyes of his wife as she came up behind him and slid her arms around his waist, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"What is the wise Jedi Master thinking about today?" she asked.

"This wise Jedi Master has come to a conclusion," Luke said, his eyebrows coming together as he thought.

"And what is that?"

"I'm old." Mara's laughter filled his ears and he turned slowly in her arms to look down at her with his gentle blue eyes, "What are you laughing at?"

"You're near fifty years old, your daughter is getting married tomorrow and you're just realizing that you're old now?" she asked.

"Well, if I'm just realizing it, then that means you're not too far from realizing it as well," Luke said, sliding his arms around her.

"Are you calling me old, Master Skywalker?" Mara asked.

Luke flashed his famous Skywalker grin- the same farmboy grin she'd fallen in love with years ago, "If the boot fits . . ."

Mara slapped a free hand to his chest, rising a loud 'thump' as hand met cloth above his chest, causing an 'ow' to rise from Luke's mouth. She bent her lower lip forward in a sad face and leaned forward to press mouth to chest in an attempt to kiss the wound.

"Still hurts," Luke said, returning the bent lip.

Mara smirked and stood on her tiptoes to bring her lips to his, pressing them together in a kiss. After a moment, they pulled back and Mara grinned up at him, "Better?"

"Much," he said, satisfied. "But I'm still old."

"I don't think the strongest of kisses could fix that, Luke. What's brought you to this conclusion?" Mara replied, taking his hand and leading him to sit on their bed.

"Brianna," he answered, sitting and beginning to untuck the shirt he wore from his pants to reveal his chest.

"What about her?"

"She's growing up. I'm already going to lose her, and it feels like I held her in my arms for the first time just yesterday," he answered, his eyes almost sad. "I wonder how Han dealt with it once he got used to the idea of Jaina and Jag getting married."

"He probably still isn't used to the idea, even after the fifteen years they've been married. Jaina is his only daughter, as is Brianna yours. But, they're both happy, and I hear that that's all any father wants for their children," Mara said, leaning against him and stroking his bare arm with the tips of her fingernails.

Luke nodded, letting his chin rest on her head, "It's hard. Before we know it, we're going to be . . ."

"Don't say it," Mara cut him off. "It'll make us officially old."

"I think the moment Brianna walks down that aisle tomorrow, we'll officially be old." He sighed, moving back to lie on his side and looking at her, "At least we know he'll take good care of her."

"Yes, but we didn't always think that way," Mara reminded him.

***

Four Years Earlier
Luke Skywalker glanced at the Chrono clock on the small table by the bed. It was late, and his daughter had not come back from wherever she was yet. She was only eighteen, and he didn't trust her being out this late.
He lay on his side, shirt off as he waited patiently for his daughter to return. His older son, Ben, had gone out to look for her but couldn't find her, even though he was the one who knew her best out of anyone. This was what worried Luke the most, but he wouldn't let it show.

He felt an arm slide under his arm that lay on his side and fingertips touch skin and knew who it was immediately. He smiled, reaching with his other hand to take the hand and bring it to his lips, kissing the knuckles.

"Has she come home yet?" Luke asked.

"Nope," Mara answered. "It's past her curfew. Even Ben isn't sure where she would have gone."

Luke sighed, "I guess I should go look for her, then." He carefully slid her arm out from his waist and moved to stand, walking to the chair where he'd left his shirt.

"Don't get angry, Luke," Mara warned. "She's a dreamer. She has a lot of a certain farm boy I know in her. She's late, yes, but it's not like we have a comlink for her telling her when to come home."

"Maybe we should, then." Luke slipped the shirt over his head and pulled it over his upper body. "I'll go easy on her. But if she does this again . . ."

"This coming from the all wise Jedi Master?" Mara asked.

"I'm not in Jedi Master mode at the moment. I'm in father mode, and this father is not too happy with his eighteen year old," Luke said. He moved to the bed and bent over her to kiss her forehead, "I'll be back."

"I'll be waiting," Mara said. As Luke started to walk away, she pulled his hand to pull him back to her, face inches away from hers. "Don't think you're going to get away without giving me a kiss."

Luke smirked, "Well, what if I don't want to?"

Mara sent a soft slap to his chest, "Just kiss me and go look for our daughter, farm boy."

"Gladly," he said, bringing their lips together in a kiss.

Suddenly Luke sensed something, and he broke the kiss, looking up and standing there for a moment.

"What is it?" Mara asked.

"She's home . . ." he answered. "Come on." He pulled her from the bed and led her out of their room and into the living room. Luke let go of her hand and moved to the door, opening it.

Brianna stood there, her arms slid around the waist of a boy that stood about six feet, and their lips touched in a passionate kiss. The blonde locks of the boy fell in front of his face, making Luke unable to see who it was that was kissing his daughter.

Brianna's long red-blonde hair had been pulled back into a braid and twisted into a bun, a style she had learned from her aunt, Leia, but it was wet. She wore a short-sleeved white dress going down to her ankles made of a soft cloth; it was not like his daughter to dress up without needing to- she was a tomboy in some ways and didn't like getting dressed up. Beneath the dress she wore a sleeveless shirt and held a pair of short pants in her arms that were also wet.

The lips parted and the boy finally pulled his head back to reveal whom he was- Orion, a newcomer to the Academy that had a difficult, shadowed past. He'd been somewhat of a troublemaker, hanging around with Brianna and taking her focus away from her studies.

Luke took this moment to clear his throat, his arms folded across his chest as he watched the two. Brianna looked up to see her father there and an innocent, light red blush appeared on her cheeks.

"Daddy," she said as innocently as possible. "How long have you been standing out here?"

"Long enough," Luke answered. "Say good-night to your...friend, Brianna, and come inside."

Brianna nodded, swallowing before looking at Orion. She gave him a small smile, saying something softly, before going inside as her father held the door open for her. Luke gave Orion a small nod before following his daughter, closing the door behind him.

"Why didn't you tell us you were with him?" Luke asked, immediately going into his father mode.

"Him? Him who?" Mara asked, her eyebrows coming together in confusion.

"Orion," Luke answered, looking from his wife and back to his daughter, "Well, Brianna? Where were you? Why didn't you tell us where you were going, and that you'd be late?"

"Daddy, it was nothing. We were by the lake, swimming . . ."

"Ben said he didn't see you there," Luke interrupted, arms still folded across his chest.

"We went for a walk after we went swimming. And why would you have sent Ben to spy on me? I'm not a little girl anymore, Dad. I don't need my big brother and my father watching everywhere I go," Brianna said.

"It was past your curfew, honey. We were worried about you," Mara said. She looked at Luke, "Luke, obviously she didn't realize what time it was when they went for the walk. It won't happen again, right Brianna?"

Brianna sighed, biting her lower lip. She nodded, "Right. The least you could've done, Dad, was say hello to Orion. He's human, he won't bite."

"That's another thing. I don't trust Orion. Ever since you met him, your mind has wandered from your studies. How are you ever going to become a Jedi if you're off with him all the time?" Luke asked.

"Maybe I don't want to be a Jedi, Dad. Did you ever think of that? I know, I'm a Skywalker; I have a legacy to follow. But what about my own legacy? What about my own dreams? Orion is a very nice boy. There's no reason you need to be so hateful toward him," Brianna said.

Luke's lips came together at her words. He hadn't thought that his daughter wouldn't want to become a Jedi- she was strong in the Force, and had the skills to become an excellent Jedi, one of the best that would ever be trained at the Academy. He looked at Mara, wondering what her thoughts were and was about to say something when Ben came in.

Ben stood tall, only about a few inches shorter than his father, and looked like a younger version of Luke. Brown hair fell in front of his eyes, and he had the same eyes as his father.

"What's going on?" Ben asked, raising a hand to hide a yawn.

Brianna turned to her brother, "Ben, can you please explain to our father that Orion is not a bad person?"

Ben hesitated, looking from his sister to his parents, and gave a shrug, "He seems okay to me, Dad. It's not like they're going to get married tomorrow or something."

Luke trusted his son's opinion, but he was still skeptical about the whole thing. He sighed and nodded, "Alright. Go to bed, both of you. Brianna, make sure this doesn't happen again."


**
Four Years later

Luke smiled softly as he remembered that day, "I suppose I was a little hard on Orion back then. Don't know why . . . the last thing I wanted was to become my uncle, always keeping the people I loved from doing the things they wanted and then I ended up doing the same thing to my own daughter."

Mara laughed, "You couldn't help it, Luke. Brianna . . . was changing very quickly before our eyes, and it wasn't something we were used to. But the woman she's become because of it is beautiful and wise beyond her years, thanks to the teachings of her father."

Luke nodded, and with a sigh he stood, taking her hand, "Care for an escort to the rehearsal dinner of our daughters wedding?"

Mara smiled, taking the hand and letting him pull her up, "You're the only escort I would want, Luke."

It was now the rehearsal dinner of Brianna and Orion's wedding, a few hours later, and Luke was counting down the hours until he would officially be losing his baby girl.

All of their closest family and friends were there- Leia and Han, their children and grandchildren, Chewbacca and his nephew Lowbacca, both of whom had been groomed; Wedge Antiles, Lando Calrisian, Kyp Durron, most of the Jedi Masters of the Academy, Ben and his girl friend, and some of Brianna's best friends from the Academy.

They were now seated at a long table in the dining hall of the academy and had just finished the practice ceremony, eating and celebrating the union of Brianna and Orion. Luke looked around the table at his friends and family, some of which he'd known since the Battle of Yavin and after.

After everyone finished eating, they stayed in the dining hall and the small band that had been hired to play at the wedding began playing their music.

Brianna and Orion stood together, hand in hand, laughing as they talked with their friends. Brianna was beautiful- she did not wear her wedding dress, and instead she wore a long, dark blue dress with sparkles on the front of it, and her hair had been pulled into twists and braids, leaving a few strands lose to hang in front of her eyes, which she gracefully pushed behind her ear.

Luke made his way over to them slowly, eyes locking onto the beautiful form of his daughter as he neared her, putting a hand out, "May I have the honor of this dance?"

Brianna looked at her father and smiled softly, nodding. She let her father take her away from Orion and out onto the dance floor.

Luke placed his hands on her waist, letting her place one at his waist and one at his shoulder and they slowly began to dance.

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero

I am strong and wise and I know no fear

But the truth is plain to see

She was sent to rescue me

I see who I wanna be

In my daughters eyes


Luke looked down at his daughter, trying to find the words he wanted to say to her. So many words, so much to say, so little time. He swallowed hard before speaking, "I'm proud of you, Brianna Skywalker. You've grown into a beautiful woman."

Brianna's cheeks turned a light rose color as she looked up at him, her eyes sparkling and threatening her with tears, "Daddy . . ."

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal

Darkness turns to light and the world is

At peace.

This miracle God gave to me gives me

Strength when I am weak

I find reason to believe in my

Daughter's eyes


"Let me finish," he said, trying to keep his voice from going hoarse, his eyes also threatening him with tears. "I know that I wasn't very approving of Orion . . . and there was probably a lot that you could've been saved from having to deal with if I hadn't been so protective. Not having a father of my own, other than my uncle, I used to be almost . . . afraid of being a parent. And your mother never had any parents other than the Emperor." He swallowed, trying to find the words he wanted to say, "We both want you to know how proud of you we are. Ben, too. You've been fortunate enough to be able to spend a lifetime having a sibling. Don't let that go to waste."

Brianna nodded, a tear beginning to roll down her cheek, "I won't, Daddy. I love you so much." She wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug, standing on her tiptoes, and hugged him.

Luke hugged her back, slowly rocking back and forth with her as he held her in his arms.

And she wraps her hand around my finger

Oh it puts a smile in my heart

Everything becomes a little clearer

I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart

Has had enough

It's giving more when you feel like

Giving up

I've seen the light

In my daughter's eyes


She lifted her head up to look at him after a moment and locked eyes. "Thank you, Daddy."

"For what?"

"For always believing in me, in my love for Orion, and for putting up with my stubbornness," she answered.

Luke smirked, "You get your stubbornness from your mother. Always remember that." He then turned serious, "It is I who should be thanking you, Brianna . . . you and Ben, beside your mother, are the joys of my life. When I was twenty and living on Tatooine, I'd never have expected to be the father of two of the best people in the galaxy."

"You also didn't expect to marry the woman who wanted to kill you," she reminded him.

Luke chuckled, "Yes, that too." He swallowed; the music was ending, and so was their dance, "Go dance with Orion."

Brianna nodded, kissing her father on the cheek before walking to her husband-to-be. Luke watched her . . .

**

And suddenly found himself once more by her side, her arm looped through his, standing at the end of a long aisle. At the other end was Orion, standing tall and proud as he laid his eyes on his wife to be for the first time while she wore her wedding dress, the same dress Mara had worn.
The crowd stood, waiting for Brianna and Luke to walk down the aisle, and the music began playing.

This is it, Luke thought. He started leading her slowly down the aisle, and finally reached the end. He turned toward her and lifted the veil that covered her face, pulling it back to reveal her face.

They locked eyes for a moment, and suddenly Luke caught a flash: Brianna holding a baby in her arms that was wrapped up in a blanket. Next to her was Orion, who was holding another baby in his arms. A vision of the future? Perhaps. Always in motion is the future, he quoted to himself, a smirk at the tips of his lips.

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future

A reflection of who I am and what will be

Though she'll grow and someday leave

Maybe raise a family

When I'm gone I hope you see how happy

She made me

For I'll be there

In my daughter's eyes


He leaned forward and bent his head down to kiss her on the cheek before turning toward the Jedi Master who was leading the ceremony, ready to give his daughter away to the man she loved.

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story