Categories > Movies > Newsies > In Love But Nowhere Near Perfect

I'll Die Tryin'

by GreenberryHair 0 reviews

She's the niece of the Italian mob boss. He's an Irishman who gained their acceptance. Now they are getting married. But he can't help but think of the Irish/Italian feud.

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-01 - 1451 words

1Moving
Title: I'll Die Tryin'

Word Count: 1,284

Genre: OCs in a Newsies RPG Songfic

Time Period: Modern Day

Song: I'll Die Tryin' by Lonestar

Notes: None

Summary: She's the niece of the Italian mob boss. He's an Irishman who gained their acceptance. Now they are getting married. But he can't help but think of the Irish/Italian feud.


Disclaimer: I only own the person who is telling the story. I don't own the song I used, I don't own Frankie, I don't own ANYTHING but the fact that I had written the story (except the song) and the character telling it. I also don't own (although I did at one point) own Kian. If you sue me, don't expect much money because I might have $10 to my name. And if you REALLY want that, feel free to just ask and I will give it to you.
__________


You've been livin' way too long,
In broken-promise land.
Your dreams crushed an' scattered,
Like a million grains of sand.
I'd love to be your redemption,
But I am just a man,
I may never be a hero.
But I'm a rock you can lean on.



I looked to my left at the six lads standing there. Kian, the one closest to me and my best man, handed me my fan. I switched it on and let the cool air blow against my face. I think this is the first time that I have been this nervous. I don't know why. I mean, if you're getting married, you already captured the woman's heart, right? I looked back at the five lads and they looked back at me.

I looked over to my left and saw six beautiful girls looking at me as well. I handed Kian my fan as the music started. Here she came. I smacked Ki on the shoulder for the fan again, but he wouldn't give it to me, that fucking eejit. I stood there almost screaming for my fan because I had almost forgotten where I was because of my nerves.

She looked more beautiful than I have ever imagined her to look like. I tried to blow air on my own face by directing my breath up with pushing my jaw out. Of course, it wouldn't help. I tried to hit Kian again for my fan while everyone's eyes were directed at the lovely vision walking down the aisle on the arm of her uncle.


If I don't love you like you deserve;
If I don't stop every tear you're cryin';
If I don't make your life,
A Heaven on this earth,
I'll die tryin'.
I'll die tryin'



I took Frankie's hand in my own when her uncle put our hands together. As soon as I helped her closer to the altar, I relaxed. Her hand in mine had that power, I guess. I relaxed even more when we were saying our vows. Well, I should say after I had said mine. Once our rings were set in place and we shared our first kiss as husband and wife, I felt like my old self again.

I looked to the six lads on my left, after Frankie and I had turned around to face our guests, and noticed Kian holding out my fan for me. I shook my head and made a note to knock him upside his head after Frankie and I had gotten back from our honeymoon.

I was now the proud husband of the most lovely wife and I felt victorious that no one else could have her. Riley, the second lad to my left and Frankie's brother, looked happy. Maybe the bugger really did love me. I wonder if he realizes that he'll be stuck in my family forever now. Maybe he'll even hug me later on. Oh God! What would everyone think? As long as it's a brotherly hug, I don't care.


I'll listen to your secret prayer,
An' share your deepest wish;
Search for a hundred years,
Just to find the perfect kiss.
Of everything within my power,
There's nothin' I won't give,
To be that part of you an' your life,
Oh, that takes what's wrong an' makes it right.



Frankie smiled at me. I smiled back. It seemed like nothing else mattered or even existed in the castle chapel while I looked at her. I almost didn't realize that we were walking, a bit slow, down the aisle to go out of the filled chapel and head to our reception. But we were walking and I couldn't help but just want to grab her and kiss her again. But I didn't. Not at that moment.

Once out of the main room in the chapel and finally in a side room, I grabbed her and kissed her full on her mouth. I was a bit older than she was. She was just 19, but I didn't care. I was 22, but she didn't care. Bloody hell! What am I thinking? No one fucking cared about that! What the real issue was the fact that I'm Irish and she's Italian. To be exact, she was half Italian and half Irish. The fact that her uncle was the head of the Italian mob made it a bit nerve-wracking, but her whole family accepts us. As far as we know. Her uncle did pay for the wedding.

Maybe everyone wanted to be us. To be able to have so much luck to have both families accept each other as they do is a feat. I'm sure there's some envious people in that chapel. Maybe there's some that don't accept us. Then why in bloody hell would they come?


If I don't love you like you deserve;
If I don't stop every tear you're cryin';
If I don't make your life,
A Heaven on this earth,
I'll die tryin'.
I'll die tryin'.



I looked around at the wedding party. Kian, my cousin, is the best man. My brothers, Bryan and Adam, are groom's men. Riley, Frankie's brother, is another groom's man. My two best friends, Shane and Mark, are also groom's men. They all seem like they could care less about the Irish/Italian feud.

Then I looked at each of the girls. Hair, Kian's girlfriend and Frankie's college roommate, is the maid of honor. Ray and Ella, Frankie's cousins, bride's maids. Evey and Ellie, two of her best friends, also bride's maids. And Gillian, my sister, the prettiest bride's maid. (Maybe I'm bias in that comment.) They all seem like they could care less about the Irish/Italian feud.

Finally, I looked at the wedding party as a whole. There were both Irish and Italians on both sides. Granted, I had five and a half Irishmen and a half of an Italian, but it was still diverse. And Frankie had the daughters of the Italian mob boss on her side. Yet, everyone seemed to care less about the feud.


I may never be a hero,
But I'm a rock you can lean on.



I looked at my new wife. She was smiling up at me. I smiled back down at her. Maybe I should just go and not worry what everyone thought. What would it matter anyway? I have a lovely wife and she meant the world to me. I fought to keep her, though it wasn't that hard because her family accepted me after that one dinner.


If I don't love you like you deserve;
If I don't stop every tear you're cryin';
If I don't make your life,
A Heaven on this earth,
I'll die tryin'.
Oh, I'll die tryin'.
I'll die tryin'.



I looked around at everyone again. We needed to take the wedding pictures before we made it to the reception. But we needed the chapel cleared out first. I looked back at the closed door of one of the side rooms in the chapel. We all filed into the room instead of going all the way outside. No one opened to tell us it was cleared yet.

There! It opened and finally we were able to take the pictures. The wedding party led the way, but I pulled Frankie back and kissed her again. I couldn't get enough of it. I didn't want to stop. I half wanted to tell her that I didn't care about the pictures and to let us just go, but I'm not that stupid. I knew it would probably earn me a shoe to the head. I smiled against her lips and then deepened the kiss before she could pull away and ask what I was smiling about.
__________
Credits:
Sage for Frankie, Kian, and Riley
Ray for Ray, Ella, Uncle G (the uncle)
Marbles for Evey
Gimmick for Ellie
Sign up to rate and review this story