Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Season 8, Episode 1 : A New Beginning

Ep 1 - Prologue - A New Beginning

by sailorchick321 0 reviews

Ever wander what happened to the gang after they destroyed the Hellmouth in Sunnydale? Well now you can find out. Disregards all Angels after Buffy ended. co-written with becca582.

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angel, Buffy, Dawn, Faith, Giles, Kennedy, Robin Wood, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 584 words

1Original
A/N: This story starts at the end of the last season of Buffy. It also disregards all seasons of Angel after season 4 (AU). I own nothing of Buffy; it is owned by Joss Whedon and Associates. Co written by becca582 and sailorchick321. Story also appears on www.fanfiction.net under becca582.

Direct quotes from:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 7, Episode 22: Chosen. Original Air Date: 20 May 2003

Angel Season 1, Episode 8: I Will Remember You. Original Air Date: 23 November 1999

Season 8, Episode 1: A New Beginning

Prologue - Remembrance

Buffy was staring at the canyon that once was Sunnydale. Dawn stood beside her, and then Giles joined them, as did Xander, Willow, and Faith.

"Looks like the Hellmouth is officially closed for business." Faith commented as she closed the distance between her and the others.

"There is another one in Cleveland. Not to spoil the moment." Giles picked up a rock and threw it into the canyon.

Xander stared off into the new canyon in awe. "We saved the world."

"We changed the world." Willow walked up to Buffy's side. "I can feel them, Buffy. All over. Slayers are awakening everywhere."

"We'll have to find them." Dawn stated mater-of-factly.

"We will." Spoke Willow confidently.

Giles paced behind them remembering an earlier comment Buffy made about shopping for shoes the next day. "Yes, because the mall was actually in Sunnydale, so there's no hope of going there tomorrow."

Dawn faked shock, "We destroyed the mall? I fought on the wrong side."

"All those shops gone. The Gap, Starbucks, Toys "R" Us. Who will remember all those landmarks unless we tell the world about them?" replied Xander.

"We have a lot of work ahead of us," said Giles.

Faith said to Willow, "Can I push him in?"

Willow replied back, "You've got my vote."

"I just want to sleep, yo, for like a week," said Faith shoving Giles a little.

"I guess we all could, if we wanted to," said Dawn.

"Yeah," Willow smiled. "The First is scrunched, so... what do you think we should do, Buffy?

"Yeah," Faith chimed in. "You're not the one and only chosen anymore. Just gotta live like a person. How's that feel?

"Yeah, Buffy. What are we gonna do now?" asked Dawn.

Buffy just stared straight ahead at the hole formerly known as Sunnydale. As she contemplated what's next, she smiled.

Walking closer to the edge of the pit, Buffy looked in. This fight was done. She knew there was still evil out there she would have to fight, but for right now all she wanted was a hot bath and a good night's sleep where she felt safe. Safe. Warm. Complete. Things she hadn't felt in a long time. Not since Angel left.

Angel. Thought Buffy, I can go to Angel's. He'll give us shelter until we can find out what to do and where to go. She gave a small humorless chuckle and shook her head slightly. I've just fought the biggest battle of my entire life and survived. I think I'm finally done baking. I want to be with Angel.

"Buffy, you alright?" Asked Giles concerned. He had watched the emotions play across her face. The last of which he had not seen since Angel were in her life. He knew where she wanted to head before he even asked. Buffy just smiled and nodded.

"Are we, uh, where are we headed?"

"To L.A. for now. We'll rest and regroup at Angel's. Let's load everyone up; it's time we should go."
Sign up to rate and review this story