Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Amount Of Pills We're Taking.

Corona Lights

by haleyxhomicide 5 reviews

A tattoo'ed stranger comes into Natasha's conveniance center.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2007-07-03 - Updated: 2007-07-04 - 1217 words

1Exciting
Chapter 2.

The kids sat quietly at the small, round kitchen table eating their Lucky Charms. Their feet dangling off the plastics chairs as they swayed their legs back and forth.
"Where's Regina?" I asked, sipping my coffee.

Lola shrugged, "She's still in bed, she says she dosn't want to go to school today."
I glanced over at Gerard, who was sitting on the couch drinking his coffee and smoking a cigarette.

He nodded and put out his cigarette. "I'll get her."
He made his way into the girl's shared bedroom with me tagging behind.

"Regina, sweety, it's time to get up." Gerard said, sitting down on the edge of her bed and gently shaking her frail shoulders.
"But daddy," she said, voice muffled by her Hello Kitty sheets, "I don't want to go to school."

I laughed slightly, waiting for Gerard's question, "Why not babes?"
"Because," Regina said, rolling over to reveal the hazel eyes she enherited from her father and a long cascade of blond hair that no one knew where she got that from. "All the other kids have lunchables daddy, and I have a peanut butter and jelly samich. I want lunchables daddy." She protested, her eyes almost filled with tears.

We never could afford all the little kid food most children had, so it was peanut butter and jelly and occasionally ham and cheese.
"Regina, you have to go to school. I tell you what, I'll pick you up a lunchable to take to school with you tomorrow, ok?"

Regina sat up and rubbed her teary eyes, a smile spreading across her lips. "Ok!" She grabbed the clothes I was holding in my hand and ran past me to the bathroom.

"Well, that worked well." I said, giving Gerard a dirty look.

He threw his hands up in the air and scoffed, "What, it's just one little lunchable Natasha."
"Gerard, once all the other kids find out she has one, they're all gonna' want one. And then," I was getting frustrated and on the verge of yelling, "they're all going to want to know why they can't have them."

Gerard rubbed his forehead and sighed, "I really don't want to fight with you right now, ok? I have to go to work, I'll see you tonight."
He walked away and kissed each of the kid's heads and grabbed his jacket from the back of the couch. He turned to say something, but instead, walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

"Fine, asshole." I said, under my breath, making sure the kids didn't hear.
I walked back into the kitchen to find all the kids staring at me, Regina eyeing me intently.

"Finish up kids, the bus will be here soon." I grabbed a cigarette from the pack of Marlboros Gerard left on the coffee table and lit one up, balancing a coffee cup in the other hand.

I got the kids out to the school bus and waved goodbye as the bus faided into a yellow blob gliding down the hazy street.
I wrapped my arms around my shoulders, shaking them up and down to try and lock some heat into Gerard's hoodie.

Trudging into the house, I decided to leave the breakfast dishes as a pile of blue, plastic cereal bowls in the sink. I pinned my name-tag to my blue t-shirt and slipped my shoes back on my feet and Gerard's hoodie back over my head.

The weather was still as awful as ever when I stepped outside the house, locking the flimsy door twice, just the be sure. The clouds in the sky covered any potential blue and the thick fog rolled over-top the small raindrops falling fom said clouds.
Every trailor looked ghostly and even more depressing than usual. But standing in the rain and cold wasn't going to change my current situation; and upon this realization, I got in the car and started down the road.
I rolled down the window enough to flick the glowing ashes off of my cigarette and onto the wet pavement I was driving carelessly on. My head hurt terribly and all I wanted to do was go back to bed; but obligation dragged me into a crappy little 711.

My proffesion hardly gave me bragging rights. Bagging BudLight and Winston cigarette for potbelly old men wasn't exactly glamorous. But, neither is walking the streets handing out deadly chemicals to addicts who want your clit more than what you have in your backpack.
It was a never ending cycle, and Gerard and I were growing tired of. Well, at least I was, Gerard and I hardly ever talked about anything those days. It seemed he was so strung out all the time, that he didn't even know who he was half the time, much less me or his children.

He always used to tell me the reason we weren't married, was that if he ever wanted to leave and we were married, that he couldn't. With us just being legal with no papers, it was as easy as him packing up his jeans and leaving.
He's always been an asshole. But, he was the asshole that would smoke pot with me in the back out highschool, or makeout behind the chemistry lab where the janitor kept his stuff.
We started selling drugs when we were both 20; the year I got pregnant with Lola and Madison. We were always on the shit, so we thought, why the hell not. Gerard's friend Ray was always doing it with us, and one day suggested we start selling. He told us it would help us tremendously.

Ha!

I sat reminicing about how I had gotten there, when a 12 pack of Corona Lights slammed on the counter in front of me. I looked and squinted my eyes at a short man with sloppy brown hair and tattoos covering his arms and neck.
I rolled my eyes and scanned his beer. "$12.74 plea....may I see some I.D please?"

"Oh, yeah sure." the man said, digging through his pocket with a tattooed hand. "Here ya' go, sorry."
I looked at the card and read the name aloud, "Frank....I-Row?" I said, eyeing the name.

Frank shook his head, "Ear-O"
"Oh, sorry. Looks like you're over 21." I said, handing him his I.D back and ringing up the beer.

He handed me some crumpled cash and 74 cents exactly. "Have a nice day." I grumbled, picking my magazine back up and burying my nose in it.

Frank grabbed his beer and paused, staring at me for.

"Is there something else that you need?" I asked, irritated by his facination with my face.

Frank shook his head, "Nope." and walked out the door with a loud Ding-Da-Ding.

I rolled my eyes and once again turned my attention to my ALLURE magazine.
But, my thoughts weren't on the latest beauty trend in front of me, it was on the face of this very handsome Corona Light drinker that seemed to show immense interest in me.

Hey guys!!! I really like this story idea. I have some big plans and ALOT of drama planned for it.
I really hope more of you read and review. It makes me sad to see only 2 reviews!
Pleasesss read it!
I'm so pathetic, but just do it.
:DD
Sign up to rate and review this story