Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Girlfriend

Tomorrow

by jengrey 0 reviews

'Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready, Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow,' she kept writing those two words until she was finished, put the cap back onto the pen and l...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-04 - Updated: 2007-10-05 - 772 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Tomorrow

Atlanta woke up from an uneasy sleep, her heart racing from nightmares and her teeth chattering from the cold. She went to the bathroom to take a long, cold shower to try to make the dream's horrors go away. It didn't work. Atlanta bolted out the door without eating breakfast with Theresa, who also did not eat anything. She, nor anyone, has seen Theresa eat anything except for various shapes and sizes (usually small) of apples for the past few days, but Atlanta's mind was elsewhere from Theresa. School went by slowly, the teachers seemed to drone on longer than usual, the clocks all must have been broken or Cronos was interfering with time and only Atlanta wasn't affected. Yah, that's the reason. She raced home slowly, her feet dragging her down and she slipped a lot in the surprisingly cold air. She walked up to her room, letting her backpack drop to the floor somewhere along the way and quietly closing the door behind her, allowing tiredness wash over her. Her insomnia was not because of homework; Atlanta didn't know if she had any for that matter, but because of worry. Atlanta stared up at her mirror with the pictures of her and Archie stuck in the sides and tears stung in her eyes. She heard a knock at the door and hesitated to open it.
'C-come in,' she stuttered.
Archie walked in, a weak smile hovering on his face, but was going to fall any moment.
'Hey,' he said quietly, closing the door behind him. 'Can we talk?'
Atlanta slowly nodded and sat up.
'Atlanta,' he said gently. 'I just want to let you know that I never wanted this to happen. The stuff was thrown into my face by these druggie kids and I really, really want to get better fast. It'll be okay, I promise. I love you Atlanta, I want to make this, what we have, work. Are you-can you deal with this, with my problem? Because if you can't then I totally understand.'
Atlanta patted the spot beside her, crossed her legs and held his hand.

'And I wanna believe you,' she sang, squeezing his hand softly.
'When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Ya I try to believe you,
But I don't.' She let his hand drop to the bed and rubbed her temple.
'When you say that it's gonna be,
It always turns out to be a different way,
I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...'
'I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day.
'It's always been up to you,' she sang as she gestured to the door.
'It's turning around,
It's up to me,
I'm gonna do what I have to do,
just don't. 'Atlanta walked over to the door with Archie and said, 'Archie, I have my own problems to deal with, and I just can't handle yours too. I'm so sorry.'
Archie nodded solemnly in agreement and walked out the door with a grave expression.
'Gimme a little time,' she slumped up against the door, closing it and put her head in her hands.
'Leave me alone a little while,
Maybe it's not too late,
not today, today, today, today, today...'
She walked up to the mirror and gazed upon the pictures sadly.
'I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,' she opened one of the cupboards underneath it and searched for her black pen.
'Tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day.
'Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow
'Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow,' she kept writing those two words until she was finished, put the cap back onto the pen and lay it on the table.
'And I wanna believe you,' she plucked out one of the pictures with her and Archie.
'When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Yeah I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...' her eyes swept across the picture fondly, yet with sadness.
'Tomorrow it may change,
'Tomorrow it may change,
'Tomorrow it may change,
'Tomorrow it may change.'
Atlanta fell onto her bed and fell asleep far more soundly than she had the night before by far.


On the mirror, in plain writing, it said two very firm words.

Forgive Archie
Sign up to rate and review this story