Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Things I Miss The Most

I Never Want To Be A Parent

by xharlequingirl 2 reviews

She came at the most unperfect timing, he was in no way ready to be a father. He was unstable, emotional and wasn't even sure if he could love his girlfriend. Now, twenty months later he is a more ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-08 - Updated: 2007-07-08 - 1110 words

1Insightful
Patrick walked back through to the lounge area and held his hand out to Lisa. "Want to go for a walk?"

"Sure." She said, taking it. "Wait, is it clear?"

Patrick chuckled and opened the bus door. It wasn't uncommon for them to open the door in the morning and find some sleeping fans outside the gate. "Clear as crystal." He said.

"So how's Pete doing?" Lisa asked, as Patrick wrapped his arm around her while they walked out the gate and down the street. Patrick slowed his walking down to a wander, scuffing his shoes on the sidewalk.

"He's alright. I left him pretty excited. He's going to ask Marla and Ariana on tour with us."

"That's good, though, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, it is." He nodded. "I just hope everything turns out alright."

"Do you think she's the type of girl who would say no or be mean like that?" Lisa asked.

"Marla loved Pete very much, they were great together, but he really messed up when everything went down. I can't blame her for being angry, but, Pete wants to do the right thing, he should be given that chance." He told her as he held her hand tightly. "I just want him to be able to make right with this because it kills him, ya know?" He looked down at his girlfriend.

Lisa nodded. "I'm sure it will. He's Pete Wentz."

Patrick laughed. "That's practically what I said."

"So does Ariana look like Pete?" Lisa asked.

"Very much." Patrick nodded. "I'd say a touch more Marla, though. But let's face it, she has two very good looking parents. She's not exactly going to be an ugly duckling."

"I guess not."

They walked along slowly still, in silence, the only noise was the sound of their feet and the occasional car passing their way.

"She has his eyes." Patrick said quietly, with a smile. "And she has the same color hair as both him and Marla. Jet black. She's gorgeous."

Lisa nodded. "She sounds beautiful. And, you know, Pete looks different from when he left to see her until this now." She commented. "He looks happier. Like he's more content with how things are."

"I guess you could say that. He's happier in a way. He never said it but I know it was hard on him to know what she looked like but never got to hold her and never got to see her in person." He nodded. "I know how badly I want children that would kill me. Not that I'd ever leave you or our children. But, you get where
I'm going right?" He laughed.

His laughter went along unaccompanied as he sat down on a wall, dangling his legs and watching Lisa.

"Right?" He asked, his smile fading. Lisa caught up with him and sat on the wall next to him. For once she wasn't smiling. She didn't even look him in the eye.

"I..." She couldn't bring herself to say the words she wanted to tell him but knew would crush him.

"What's wrong?" He asked, inching closer and ducking his head to look at her as she hung her head.

"Lee?" He used her nickname that always made her smile. "What is it?"

Lisa sighed as she rung her hands together in an awkward fashion. "I don't really think that I want to have children..." She told him.

Patrick's face fell as she said those words. How could anyone not want children? They completed his word and she didn't want any? That was absolutely insane. "What do you mean you don't want to have children?" He was hoping that he heard her wrong and she said something else.

"I don't think I'd really make a good mother. I mean a good aunt, god mother whatever the case may be, but I wouldn't make a good mother. I don't think I have what it takes." She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm sorry, Patrick."

Patrick nodded as he looked down at the ground. "Well, I think you would make a wonderful mother, maybe when you get older you'll change your mind." He told her as he leaned over and kissed her.

Lisa couldn't bring herself to argue. She'd just ruined his dream. She knew she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. But inside, she'd known since she was 10 years old she hadn't wanted to get married and have kids. And despite what she told Patrick, there was more to it than her not thinking she wouldn't make a good mother.

"I love you." She said to Patrick. Patrick nodded. He was glad the night was dark and she couldn't see the tears in his eyes.

"I know you do, honey." He said, leaning in and kissing her again. He lingered after the kiss, their lips millimeters away from each others. "I love you too. I really do. We'll work it out."

Lisa nodded as she wrapped her arms around him. "Come on, we better get back on the bus before they leave without us. We're going back to your house right? Since we're in Chicago for the next two days?" She questioned.

Patrick nodded as he stood up and they walked in silence, there was a little bit of a heavy feeling on his heart because of this conversation.

"Say something, Patrick." Lisa said, watching him as he walked with his hands in his pockets.

"Hi." He said, trying feebly to make a joke to take the heat off his downer. Lisa sighed as she walked slightly behind him. Why did she have to be like this? She always seemed to ruin everything that went good for her by opening her mouth.

"You alright?" Pete asked Patrick as he walked up the steps into the bus, leaving Lisa behind him. He nodded.

"Mmm hmm. I'm fine." He said, looking back at Lisa. He smiled half lovingly, half sadly. He loved Lisa. He didn't want to lose her. The feeling was mutual.

"What's up?" Pete asked, taking his arm gently.

"Nothing, I'm fine, I told you." He said, shrugging it off. He made his way to his bunk and climbed up it.

Lisa gave Pete a look as she quietly walked back to her bunk and climbed in. She just wanted to give Patrick some time to gather his thoughts.

Pete nodded as he walked back to his bunk. Soon enough they would be going back to his parent's house and well he could dream about his daughter and even Marla.


Godson should be coming home today. Thanks for all the warm thoughts and wishes. Hope you enjoy the chapter. Updates soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story