Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

The Grounding Begins

by checkered_stars 1 review

Frank plans something for the last day of school, but Rachel can't go because she's grounded...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-09 - Updated: 2007-07-09 - 2458 words - Complete

0Unrated
Thanks for all the reviews and encouragement... means a lot... But keep it up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12-

"So where's Gerard?" Mikey asked on the other end of the phone.

"In the shower... Why?" I replied.

"So did you two have fun last night?" Mikey teased.

"Yeah, I guess..." I said slowly.

"You know I'm really happy about you two FINALLY getting together." Mikey said.
I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Thanks... Wait, how do you know?!" I screamed.

"Ah come on, it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure it out!" Mikey shouted on the other end of the phone.

"...I'm not following you Mikey..." I said quietly.

"Well, you two haven't had a proper conversation in months, or even looked at each other. Then, you two disappear at the lake, after you've just bashed Gerard's girlfriend, and then all of a sudden, you two start talking to each other, and Gerard then stays the night?!" Mikey explained.

"Well... When you put it that way..." I said.

"Nobody else knows right?" I asked.

"Nope." Mikey answered.

"Good." I breathed.

"I'm guessing Gerard didn't tell you?" Mikey asked.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"That I know about you's?" Mikey replied.

"No? He knew?!" I squealed.

"Yes he knows I know..." Mikey answered.

"Well thank you for the information Mikes. I have to go now and have a word to your brother... I'll see you at school tomorrow." I said.

"Ok. But don't kill him. He could come in handy for something one day... I'll see you tomorrow. Have fun..." Mikey teased.

I laughed, hung up and made my way over to the bathroom. Gerard came out fully dressed, his hair still drenched.

"Thank you soo much for telling me Mikey knew about us! Your consideration about the subject is greatly appreciated!" I screamed.

"I forgot ok?! It's not that important!" Gerard defended.

"What about our agreement, ha?! The 'we won't tell anyone anything yet'?" I screamed.

"I didn't exactly TELL him! He guessed and asked me, and I just confirmed..." Gerard said calmly.

I smiled.

Why was I even yelling? So what if Mikey knew? It would probably come in handy if Mikey knew about us anyway...

"You know... You look really sexy when you just come out of the shower..." I seductively, snaking my arms around his waist and smiling a crooked smile.

"I was just thinking the same thing!" Gerard joked.

I leant up and kissed him, he then swiftly turned around and pinned me up against the wall. Not breaking the kiss.

"Someone's frisky!" I teased, kissing his neck.

"This is what you do to me..." Gerard growled.

I giggled and Gerard slowly crept his hand up my top, caressing the skin on my stomach. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him deeper.

The dog then started barking hysterically.

"Damn it!" I mumbled, Gerard's lips still on mine.

"What?!" Gerard asked as he broke the kiss.

"Mum and Dad are home." I whispered, my arms still around Gerard.

"How do you know?" Gerard asked.
He leant his head forward and to the side, to look out the window.

"Yep. They're here..." Gerard sighed.

"Told you!" I said, shoving Gerard off of me.

"And now the grounding begins!" I shouted, throwing my arms up in the air.

*

"OH MY GOD, RACHEL!!" Frank girlishly squealed, running down the corridor and flapping his arms about.

"I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN LIKE, SOO LONG!!" Frank screamed, still using his girly high-pitched tone.

After he finally made his way over to me, and he was a safe distance from me, he jumped at me, causing me to fall on the ground.

Frank hugged me as we lie in a bundle in the middle of the corridor. Scarlet, Tegan, Mikey, Lily, Ray and Gerard all laughed at us, and I couldn't help but laugh myself.

Frank and I are the loudest out of the group, excluding Scarlet and occasionally Tegan. We're usually the ones doing random things and causing the most trouble and injuries.

"Frankie... Frankie... FRANKIE GET OFF OF ME!! FRANKIE, YOU'RE CRUSHING ME!!" I screamed, attempting to shove him off of me.

"Ok, ok. Don't have a hissy fit! Damn woman!" Frank screamed as he got off of me.

"Hissy fit?! I'll give you a fucking hissy fit!" I sarcastically shouted, shaking my fist and causing most of the people in the corridor to stare at me.
But what else is new?

"OK!" Ray shouted, stepping in between us with his arms outstretched.

"I think that's enough! It's way too early in the morning to be prying two midgets apart! Just calm down..." Ray said, looking back and forth from me to Frank.

I laughed and turned away.

Frank and I are also the shortest out of the group. "The runts of the litter" people call us.
But to be technical, I'm the shortest.
Frank's taller than me by like an inch. But of course he being the little princesses bitch he is, doesn't let me live it down.
I didn't care though. People made fun or jokes about my height, I didn't care though, I'm comfortable with my height. No matter how short or tall I am.
And since we were all pretty short in my group, it made Ray look like a giant, and Gerard and Tegan taller than they actually are. Which wasn't that much taller.

*

"So I have an awesome idea for the last day of school..." Frank said, smiling devilishly.

"And what's that?" Gerard mumbled.
He was drawing something in his giant sketchbook that he carried around everywhere.

I had to admit, I'm pretty happy to have Gerard around again. It was nice to see everyone together again; smiling, laughing and having fun.

"Ok, so, cause we finish school early on Friday. After school, we walk down the street together instead of taking the bus, and we do a bit of shopping, then we get my mother and father to pick us up, and take us to my cousin's..." Frank explained, getting more and more excited each second.

"The cousin that parents has heaps and heaps of money?" I asked.

Frank nodded his head, smiling.

"The one that's in that band?" Mikey asked.

Gerard's head perked up from his drawing, and Frank nodded his head, his smiling growing.

"The cousin that has the really HUGE house, and swimming pool?!" Lily asked excitedly.

Frank grinned and nodded.

Us girls all looked at each other and squealed.

"FRANK!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" I squealed.

"That's the really hot Italian one right?" Scarlet whispered in my ear.

I turned my head and looked at her. I laughed and nodded my head. Scarlet squealed.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Scarlet screamed.

We all laughed.

Scarlet had a bit of a thing for Frank's cousin. And we all knew about it, no matter how much she tried to deny it.
Yeah, he was hot. But Scarlet found him "irresistible".
Frank was pretty close with that particular cousin of his; came in handy too. His parents were loaded. Not really loaded, but they were well off. And they owned a huge two-story mansion. Like the ones you'd expect Paris Hilton to have, with the big marble spiral staircase in the walkway when you walk in. And one of those big awesome water fountains.
We were pretty good friends with his cousin too. He'd let us all go to his house and hang out. Which was pretty cool too.

"Sounds like a fucking swell plan to me!" Mikey said.

Everyone agreed. Even me, and then I realized. I'm grounded.

"NOOO!!" I randomly shouted, burying my head in my hands.

"What?" Ray asked.

"I can't come. I'm grounded." I mumbled.

"Oh. Because of what you did to Kara?" Ray asked sympathetically.

I nodded my head, still not looking up from my hands.

"Ah, did you notice how she's not here today?" Frank giggled.

"Probably didn't want to be seen the way she is..." Tegan shrugged.

"Well, she does look pretty bad. If I don't say so myself." Gerard pointed out.

"Really? What's she like?" Frank asked quietly.

"Bruised face, black eye, cut lip and a very bad sprained wrist." Gerard said, continuing his drawing.

Frank snickered, and I slapped his arm.

"You'd never think a small thing like that could do so much damage..." Mikey said quietly, shaking his head.

Everyone laughed.

"Well, Mikey. Looks can be deceiving." I said in a "matter-of-fact" tone, snapping my fingers.

"So if you're grounded, that means you can't come on Friday?" Frank asked.

"Na duh Frankie!" I said in an idiotic tone while slapping Frank in the back of the head.

"So how bad is your punishment?" Ray asked.

"No stereo, computer and contact with friends for two weeks." I sighed.

"Haha! That's going to kill you!" Scarlet laughed.

"And it carries on through the first week of holidays! Looks like we'll be doing interesting, fun stuff, while you're in your room, doing nothing!" Frank teased.

"Ha. Ha. Laugh it up Frank. Go have your awesome parties, and go on your awesome outings and have fun without me. But it won't really be fun to the fullest extent, because I'm not there." I teased back.

"Can't have fun without Rachel." Scarlet added.

"Right you are Scarlet, right you are." I said, patting Scarlet on the back, giggling.

"So we can't go to your cousin's place on Friday then..." Mikey said, he sounded disappointed.

"Why wouldn't you be able to?" I asked.

"Cause you're not going to be there." Mikey answered.

"Yeah, I'm not doing anything without Rachel." Tegan said.

"Ok. So we'll wait till Rachel's out of her bond, and then we'll figure something out." Frank said.

"Aww... Thanks you guys. But you don't need to not do anything because of my stupidity. But go! Do what you want!" I said.

"Nope. We've made up our minds. Nothing is happening unless Rachel is there. And that's final." Frank said, putting his arm around me.

"You guys, are awesome." I smiled.

"Can't argue with that!" Lily screamed.

We all laughed.

*

Most of the school day was pretty boring. We were at lunchtime, in our same room.
Sitting in our same spots.

I was sitting on the floor next to Gerard, who was sitting on the table talking to Mikey.

Being with Gerard and not telling our friends was harder than I thought it would be. But in some cases, it was pretty easy. Which confused me even more.


"What's up with you Rachel? You've hardly said anything all lunchtime. And that started ten minutes ago." Frank smartly said.

"Nothing, just thinking." I said quietly.

Gerard looked at me with concern written on his face.
I wanted to talk to him; I needed to talk to him. Alone.

"You need to talk?" Gerard whispered.

I nodded my head.

"Don't make it look suspicious." I whispered in a stern voice.

Gerard nodded and smiled.

"I need to go toilet, anyone wants to come with?" Scarlet asked.

I smiled.

"It'll do." I shrugged to Gerard, getting up and gently tugging on his hand.

"I'll come." I said, walking over to her.

"I'll come too." Gerard said.

"Why do you want to go for?!" Frank asked.

"I would like to get some fresh air if that's alright with you?!" Gerard shot back.

"Sure you are... Fresh air, my arse!" Frank muttered as we walked away.

Gerard gave Frank the finger before closing the door behind him.

"I gotta say; it's good to have you back Gerard. We thought we were going to lose you to the dark side." Scarlet said.

"The dark side? I thought we were the dark side?" Gerard said.

"Oh we are, it's just. They're popular, and stuck up, and "awesome", and this, and that. And we're the, not really popular, in between, picked on occasionally kids. They're our mortal enemy." Scarlet said, narrowing her eyes as she walked.

"That's right. THEY'RE the emeny!" I shouted.

Gerard and Scarlet stopped walking and started laughing.

"What?!... Ah shit! I said it didn't I?!" I screamed.

"Yeah, you did." Gerard laughed.

"Well. I can't help it if I'm disabled in my speech!" I screamed as we started walking again.

"Rachel, it's one word. It doesn't make you "speechly disabled". As you like to put it." Gerard pointed out.

"What are you talking about?! There are lots of things she can pronounce right!" Scarlet laughed.

"Can we NOT go into a list of things that I can't say?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. I know you're a bit sensitive about it. I'll stop now." Scarlet said caringly, trying to stifle a laugh.

"Sensitive? I'll give you fucking sensitive!" I mumbled, but making sure Scarlet could hear me.


When we reached the toilets, Scarlet went in, and Gerard and I waited outside.

Gerard looked around and pulled me towards him, kissing me fiercely on the mouth. Giving me a kiss that left me breathless.

"I have wanted to do that all day." Gerard breathed, after he broke the kiss.

"Really?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

Gerard nodded and smiled.

"Which brings me to my point... That I'm going to have to tell you quickly." I said, looking around.

"What is that?" Gerard said, sitting down.

"I think we should tell them about us." I said quietly.

"I don't know how much longer I can stand not telling them. I hate lying to them, especially Scarlet." I sighed.

"We're not lying though. We're just not telling them everything." Gerard said.

"Yeah, I know. But still. I tell Scarlet everything, and she tells me everything. I feel kinda guilty not telling her something as big as this." I sighed, resting my chin on my hand.

"It's not that big Rachel..." Gerard said.

"Trust me. The crap that Scarlet and I have gone through these last few months, concerning you... It'll be big. Plus, Scarlet's my best friend... I can't, not tell her when I'm going out with someone." I said, watching the door.

"Ok. Honestly. I've been dying to tell people too..." Gerard admitted.

"So then why don't we tell them damn it?!" I asked.

"I don't know." Gerard said slowly.

"...Gerard why are you acting so weird towards all of this?" I asked softly.

I had watched Gerard tense up and get uncomfortable every time we talk about telling the others. And I wanted to know why.

"I don't know. It's just... I feel that-" Gerard quietly and uncomfortably started.

Scarlet then walked out of the toilets and made her way over to us.

"Ok. I'm good now. Let's go!" Scarlet said happily.

I groaned and looked at Gerard.

Gerard and I stood up and started making our way back...
Sign up to rate and review this story