Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Girlfriend

One of Those Girls

by jengrey 3 reviews

'She's gonna be the end of you At least that's what they say It's been a while You're in denial And now it's too late The way she looks makes you hide All the warning signs Cus her blond hai...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-09 - Updated: 2007-10-05 - 1167 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter 9: One of Those Girls

Theresa ran home, bumping through people and racing through roads, frankly not caring if she was hit. She thrust the key into the lock and flopped onto the couch, rubbing her temple.
'What happened back there?' She wondered aloud, recalling the day's events, particularly the one in the bathroom. How the glass just shattered and then retreated back into its place, perfectly.
'Oh, Jay,' came the giggles of Brooke, Theresa's new arch-nemesis. 'That tickles!'
'Oh, sorry,' came his soft reply from the doorstep.
'No,' Brooke said, glancing over at Theresa's stunned face. 'I like it. Keep going.'
'So I'll see you tomorrow?' Came the muffled sound of Jay's voice up against her skin.
'Yah,' Brooke whispered back. 'See you, sexy.' She leaned in for another hard kiss, grabbing Jay by his shirt. She barely acknowledged Theresa's presence except for another enemy taking part in Brooke's own pleasure of causing other people pain.
Jay closed the door slowly with a broad, goofy grin on his face but it faltered to a small, soft smile once he laid eyes on her.
'Oh, uh, hi Theresa,' Jay said, avoiding eye contact and shuffling his feet towards the stairs.
'Jay you're making a big mistake,' Theresa said quietly and unsurely.
'What are you talking about?' Jay laughed awkwardly.
'Brooke is...she's some piece of work,' she said, louder now. 'You don't know what you're getting yourself into and...and I just don't want you to get hurt.'
'Theresa you-you don't know the kind of sweet, fun person the Brooke Kingston really is, the Brooke Kingston that I know.'
'Jay,' Theresa said, looking at him. 'Please, just hear me out. Brooke is not the type of person that you want to get with. She is not the person you think you know. But, Jay, I know Brooke, and she is a total and complete bitch-'
'Hey,' Jay cut in, pointing a dangerous finger at Theresa. 'Don't talk about Brooke like that. She may be a bit forward with her emotions sometimes, but that doesn't mean that she is a good person at heart-'
'What heart can she draw from Jay?' Theresa blurted out. 'She is as cold-blooded and conceited and-and cruel as a teenage girl Cronos!'
'That's not true!'
'Well how would you know that Jay, she hasn't shown you her true colours yet!'
'Then why don't you talk to me and pretend to be her?' That was more of a command than a suggestion that Jay made.
'La la la, la la la la!' Theresa sang, covering her ears.

'I know your kind of girl
You only care about one thing
Who you've seen, or where you've been
Who's got money.

'I see that look in your eyes
It tells a million lies
But deep inside, I know why-'

'Go on!' Jay yelled.

'Fine!' Theresa screamed back and began to imitate Broke in a squeaky, annoying high pitched voice. 'You're talking to him!

'I know what you're all about,' she returned to her regular voice now.
I really hope he figures it out,

'She's one of those girls
They're nothing but trouble
Just one look and now you're seeing double,' Theresa pulled two fingers out and wiggled them in the air in front of Jay's nose.
'Before you know it she'll be gone,' she sang, pointing to the door.
'Off to the next one
She's so good that you won't see it comin
She'll take you for a ride and you'll be left with nothing
You'll be broke and she'll be gone
Off to the next one,

'Oh oh oh,' Thersa walked forward to Jay slightly.
'Off to the next one
Oh oh yeah yeah oh oh,

'She's gonna be the end of you
At least that's what they say
It's been a while
You're in denial
And now it's too late
The way she looks makes you hide
All the warning signs
Cus her blond hair, her blue eyes
Makes you wanna die!

'I know what she's all about
I really hope you figure it out,

'She's one of those girls
They're nothing but trouble
Just one look and now you're seeing double
Before you know it she'll be gone
Off to the next one
She's so good that you won't see it comin
She'll take you for a ride and you'll be left with nothing!
You'll be broke and she'll be gone
Off to the next one,'

Jay turned away from her and ran his fingers through his already messy hair.

'You know it's a game, you know it's a game,' Theresa warned him, holding him by the shoulders as gently as possible for someone that was outraged.
'She keeps playing around with your head, playing around with your head
She's so insane, so insane
She's the one to blame, she's the one to blame!'

Then Jay did something that neither expected: He swung her around so that she was pinned up against the wall and leaned in close as Thersa sang softly,

'She's one of those girls
They're nothing but trouble
Just one look and now you're seeing double,' She let go of her grip on his shirt and let her hands rest on his warm neck.
'Before you know it she'll be gone
Off to the next one
She's so good that you won't see it comin'
She'll take you for a ride and you'll be left with nothing
You'll be broke and she'll be gone
Off to the next one,'

Their noses touched and they both slowly leaned, their lips connecting. It sent a rush through her body and he planted soft kisses on her lips in between words.

'Oh oh oh,' a few more kisses...
'Off to the next one
Oh oh yeah yeah,' growing more and more passionate.
'Off to the next one.' They both leaned in for one final deep, long, wonderful kiss: Theresa leaning up against the wall with Jay gently holding her down. Both wished to deepen the kiss even further, and yet neither could bare to, especially Jay.
'Theresa,' he said quietly as she pushed past him and crossed her arms. 'What-how...why?'
She didn't answer, all she did was shake her head and walk up the stairs, facing the door as it opened with the others entering the building.
'Hey guys,' Neil said cautiously, overlooking the teary-eyed Theresa and the embarrassed and 'disappointed' Jay. 'What's up?'
'Ask Jay,' Theresa murmured. 'After all, he knows best.' And with that, she stormed upstairs to her bedroom and locked it for the rest of the night, not even bothering to come down for dinner...as usual.

Hers, and the rest of the teams' lives were just about to take a turn for the worst.
Sign up to rate and review this story