Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Waste your Time on Me

Dead Silence

by Rae_She_Writes 3 reviews

Just dead weight.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-10 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 866 words

0Unrated
Tomorrow was the funeral and I was dreading every minute that came closer to the event. I didn't want to go, but I knew I had no choice, and besides, I love Ana to death and had to go. Okay, maybe that wasn't the best metaphor I could have used, but I loved her all the same. I rolled over in bed, shielding my eyes from the bright sun peaking in through my black curtains and trying to turn off the incessant buzzing of my alarm clock. Why I had set it to 8:00, I'll never fully understand.

After realizing I wouldn't get back to sleep, I swung my legs over the bed and winced in pain, forgetting for a moment the current status of my ankle. I looked down at it and was shocked with what I saw. It was extremely swollen and I could not move it at all. I must admit that worried me a little and I stood up on one leg and pulled on a pair of black jeans. I had on a wrinkled black shirt and I figured it work have to do after glancing at my overflowing laundry basked. I never really liked housework...

I shrugged before walking out to my kitchen and pouring a cup of day-old coffee and putting it in the microwave for a minute. I grabbed the edge of the counter and hopped up on top of it, reaching for my phone. I sighed in annoyance when I realized it was dead and flung it down the counter. What was the use in trying?

I eventually decided to go to the Emergency Room to get my ankle checked out. After sitting in an overcrowded waiting room for about half an hour with a dozen screaming kids before finally was being admitted to the fast track where I could get an x-ray. I sat down on the hard, white bed and waited for the results. An hour and thirty seven minutes later (yes, I was counting), someone I was assuming was a fast-track nurse came in with a clipboard.

"I'm afraid that ankle of yours is broken, Mr. Way," She said seriously. I looked at her crystal blue eyes and long blonde hair. Oh, she reminded me of Ana. I blinked back tears and swallowed the dry lump forming in my throat before starting to talk.

"Please, call me Gerard." I said. She shook her head and I looked at her, confused.

"I'm sorry, I'm not allowed. But we are going to have to get a cast on that leg soon. Today, if possible." I nodded, to avoid further embarrassment.

The next few hours passed in a blur, and I ended up going home with a hard, black cast adorning my leg. Better than nothing. When I got inside, I was surprised to find Mikey sitting on my couch. It was almost like he was waiting for me. But how did he get in?

"Mom gave me her key. I know that's what you're wondering." He said, putting the words in my mouth. I nodded slowly and walked over to a chair in the opposite corner of the room.

"Well, aren't you going to ask me why I am here?" He asked impatiently. I simply nodded and he continued.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming home? Do you know how angry I am with you right now? No, I guarantee you have no earthy idea! I hate you right now, do you know that? Huh?" He snapped in my direction. I had no clue what to say to that, so I remained speechless. "Well, aren't you going to talk, Gee?!" I shook my head.

He slammed his fist into the wall and his knuckles started to bleed slightly. He yelped out in pain before walking to the door and storming out.

Well, that went well, didn't it? I walked over to the couch and laid there with my foot propped up on its arm, listening to the sounds of the city until I drifted off into a much-needed sleep.

"What happened to his leg?"

"Mikey said he'd be here, y'know."

"He fell on it, Bob-"

"Owwwww. I bet that hurt!"

"Thanks for the input from the peanut gallery, Frankie!"

I lifted up my head and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before glancing around at all my friends hovering over me. I thought I heard talking...

"HAH! IT LIVES!" Frank shouted before bursting out in laughter.

"Shut up, Frank!" Kris, Ray, and Bob said in unison. He looked at them with a pretend evil glare before giggling again.

"Gee, you alright, man?" Bob asked. I just sat there, like dead weight. That is how the night progressed until everyone ended up leaving. I wasn't able to bring myself to talk, I don't even know why.


Okay, so I am sorry I didn;t update in a while. I moved all the way to the other end of the east coast so don't blame me. But I have all the story written now so no more waits. I will update if you review. Deal? Oh, and by the way, only three more chapters after this.
Sign up to rate and review this story