Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Lost and Found

Lost and Found

by meeniemoe 3 reviews

One-Shot. Never written a Jon x _____ before, so I took a stab. FLUFF. Nothing but fluff.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 1265 words - Complete

0Unrated
Lost and Found

By: Natalie

Pining for your lost love should always be worth your while...


Ring....Ring...Ring...

"What?" A female voice said irritably over the phone. Loud noise in the background. Where was she?

The young man drew in his breath steadily. Her...voice...she...picked up...the...phone? He snapped back into reality as he heard her voice go again:

"Hello?"

Jon! Say something! Anything! The voice inside his head told him persistently. Jon's frantic eyes dashed from side to side./ I have to say hello! I have to say.../

The phone went dead. She hung up on him. Again. For the.../twenty-first/...time.

There was a backstory to all of this. If he could just...well...explain.

Seven Years Ago...

"We're gonna be JUNIORS!" Jon screamed at the top of his lungs. He took a root beer bottle to his lips. He swallowed. (He liked to think that he was really drinking beer...) His best friend threw an arm around his neck. Her name was Kelsi, and they did...everything together.

Kelsi looked up at him brightly and yelled over the commotion of the rest of their friends, "We should go get a Starbucks to celebrate or something!"

"Yeah! Definitely!" Jon responded jovially.

It was a half hour later when Kelsi and the rest of his friends drove off to meet him at Starbucks later that evening as he sat on the top of his car in the empty parking lot of his school. It was going to rock, being an upperclassman.

"Um, excuse me."

Jon looked down to the voice he heard below. A rather small girl with very long hair approached him anxiously. She was sort of mousy...but in a cute way. Like a one-of-a-kind-girl?

Jon coughed and asked, "Oh...uh...what do you want?" What do you want? Nice, Walker.

The girl gave a small chuckle. She looked down at the ground, then back up at him. In her hand was a yearbook. "I guess you don't remember me," The girl went on to say, "But you lent me your yearbook for you to sign in English...which was our last period, by the way...you just forgot to take it back."

Jon, who felt ultimately embarrassed by leaving the 'book of memories' behind in his English classroom with this girl, choked out an, "Oh, yeah...um, thanks. What's your name again?"

The girl gave an innocent grin of sorts, before she walked away, waved, and yelled, "Check your yearbook! I'm sure I signed my name in there. It's in blue gel pen."

Jon watched her slim body slip into her small Honda before she drove away.

Later that night, he opened up his yearbook.

Hi!!!
I know we didn't really talk this year in English, but I just wanted to say that you're a really cool/nice/awesome person, and I'd definitely like to get to know you more this fall. (As Juniors, of course!) So um...I'll see you this fall, then.
-Ann


Ann. Ann in blue gel pen.

That's how Jon Walker remembered her. And he was fascinated by her. That coming fall, he made a point to get to know her a bit. He did, in fact, get to know her. But when she got a boyfriend, he felt like someone had been playing with his head.

Back to the present...

...And I've been pining for her all these years? I still have that phone number she left me in my senior yearbook! He thought to himself. Damn it all the hell, if the girl he wants doesn't want him back. She's not even a girl anymore! They were both 22 years old. They both had lives. Jobs. Money. Better things to tend to than...love.

"C'mon, Jon! We're going to miss our cue!" A bouncing Brendon shouted as he leaped into the room with great fervor. Jon raised an eyebrow, and shook his head. He brought himself to say, "Well, damn it all, if it isn't Brendon the Bouncing Jellybean of Doom. Okay, I'm out in a sec. Lemme use the bathroom, okay?"

Brendon looked at Jon with large eyes. He screamed, "Dude! We had TWENTY FIVE MINUTES TO GO PEE. You have to do it /now/?"

Jon shrugged and rolled his eyes. He nodded at Brendon and replied, "Yes, okay, I know we had twenty five minutes to go pee. I just didn't need to go then. I need to go now." On the way out, Jon collided with a pretty petite girl. Asian. Dark blue dyed hair. Almond eyes. The same energy as Brendon, all the time. Jon took the girl by the shoulders and shoved her towards Brendon, saying, "Here, Brendon, found your whore."

The girl, otherwise known as Natalie, teased Jon with, "Yeah, you're just jealous you don't have one of me."

Brendon pretended to grow insanely jealous of Natalie's next banter with Jon, and took her away from his hindsight 'immediately'. Jon laughed his head off before heading to the bathroom. I love this life, I really do... Jon thought to himself miserably./ But something's...missing./

He whistled in the almost-empty hallways. When he arrived at the bathrooms, they were locked. Goddammit! They always lock the doors before the show starts! He raced around to the public bathrooms-at least, the bathrooms the fans usually used-and started to the pull the door-

When he realized the door already opened and hit him in the face.

And there, above him, in all her glory...

"Ann!" He cried with joy. He didn't know why he was so joyous. He just knew that he loved her.

Ann tilted her head to the side. Her perfectly shaped eyebrows quirked up, and there was a sparkle in her eyes. A glimmer. A glimmer of the perfect life. Her hair was cut and styled just a bit beyond her shoulders. She was...gorgeous. Jon didn't remember her THIS gorgeous...since.../ever/?

She had on a blue tank top with a wool-see-through-knitted vest over it. Dark blue skinny jeans clung to her legs, and she wore dark blue pumps. Well, the girl /matched/, definitely.

Jon looked at her lips, realizing she was finally asking, "Jon...Walker. You're the bassist of Panic! At The Disco. Wow. Can I like...have your autograph?" Suddenly, she was in a flurry, getting out her pen and album and poster and...

Oh my holy mother of... Jon thought as his eyes grew wider.

Are we both fans of each other? Or is this just... me...dreaming?

"Ann...Ann...Stop, sweetie, stop." Jon murmured, and took Ann's hands in his. Ann dropped everything that was in her hands. She mumbled, "How do you know my name?"

Jon smirked. He leaned into her, and whispered, "Honey, I've known your name for a long, long time."

"Really?"

"In fact, you already have my autograph."

"Where?" Ann asked, now confused.

"In your high school yearbooks." He said before, finally, crushing his lips to hers. Fireworks exploded behind his eyes.

He quenched his thirst. I finally found her.

And when she kissed back, he knew that the thing that was missing from his life was her.




A/N: Check back today or tomorrow for an update of Borderline Obsession...I leave tomorrow night for London, and I definitely intend to finish Borderline Obsession before I leave. Secondly, this is dedicated to a good friend I've known for a little under a year. Her name's Liz, you probably know her here on Ficwad. (Life_Is_42) One-shots ain't my specialty, but I thought this one was pretty cute.
Sign up to rate and review this story