Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago Girl

So Are You Listening?

by fobgal1 4 reviews

Based on the movie Jersey Girl, except it's just a little different.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-16 - Updated: 2007-07-17 - 723 words

1Moving
As soon as the door is open, I step inside and come face to face with one of my fears. My wife lying in a hospital bed looking pale and lifeless. Wires and tubes running from machines to her body. The only thing that lets me know that she is alive is the constant beep of the heart monitor. Just looking at her, lying there, knowing I can't help her brings tears to my eyes. Slowly I walk over and sit down in the chair next to her bed. Taking her hand I bring it to my lips and then gently place it back down on the bed, keeping her hand in mine.

"Baby you have to wake up. Our little girl is here and she needs her mommy and I need my wife. I can't raise her by myself. You have to come back to me. I love you so much. You and this baby mean eveything to me. Just wake up love. Let me see those beautiful green eyes of yours. Please. I need you and this baby needs you." I say to her. I lay my head down on her bed and sob. A sharp knock on the door rattles me from my tears.

"Come in." I manage to croak out. A nurse walks in carrying a tiny pink bundle in her arms.

"I have something for you daddy." She says with a smile and hands over the pink bundle.

"Thank you." I say to her as she leaves. Looking down at my daughter for the first time, I see that she is sleeping. With her eyes closed she looks just like her mother.

"Hey baby girl, I'm here. Daddy's here." I say and kiss her on the forehead. She stirs and here eyes open revealing the same eyes that I see when I look in the mirror. She grabs my finger and yawns a little.

"I'm so glad you're here. I just wish it was under different circumstances." I say and glance at Jamie. "Do you wanna see your mommy?" I ask her and lay her down next to Jamie. Resting her head next to Jamie's chest she closes her eyes.

'God shes so beautiful, just like you Jamie.' I think to myself.

Another knock on the door and then it opens revealing Pete and Christa.

"Hey man. How's everyone?" Pete asks.

"Well, the baby is fine. Jamie still hasn't woken up yet and I'm a wreck." I say.

"She will pull through man. I know Jaime. She's a fighter." Pete says pulling me into a hug.

"Do you guys want to see the baby?" I ask them.

"We'd love too." Christa says.

"She's over here. I put her in the bed with her mommy." I say motioning for them to come over.

"She's beautiful." Christa says.

"Yea man, she looks just like her mother." Pete says with a smile.

"I know. It's so unreal." I say.

"Can I hold her?" Christa asks.

"Sure." I say and pick Kendyll up and hand her to Christa.

"Aww Pete, she's so cute." Christa says.

"Yea she is. Can I hold her?" Pete says and Christa hands her over to Pete.

"Mr. Stump?" Someone calls and I turn to see the doctor standing in the doorway.

"Yea?" I ask.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to stay here with your wife tonight." She says.

"Yes. Can I keep my daughter in here too?" I say.

"Yes you can, but if she gets to be too much, or if you need anything don't hesitate to press the nurse button and a nurse will come help you with whatever you need." She says.

"Okay. Thank you." I say.

"You're welcome Mr. Stump." She says and leaves the room.

"Are you gonna be ok here tonight by yourself?" Pete asks.

"Yea. We'll be fine." I say.

"Okay well, we are gonna go, but we will be back tomorrow and I'll bring Andy and Joe too." Pete says handing Kendyll back to me.

"Okay bye guys." I say.

They both hug me and Christa whispers "take care Patrick," before leaving me alone with my daughter and wife.





So yea another chapter. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to do with this story. Your reviews keep me going so leave lots of them.
Sign up to rate and review this story