Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > No Matter What They Say, Don't Believe A Word

Chapter 6-The Plan

by xxACoalminexx 5 reviews

Kristina dvises a plan...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-19 - 611 words - Complete

0Unrated
I went down the stairs two at a time. The skirt was uncomfortable. I was feeling a weird breeze... My mom was sitting at the kitchen table reading a newspaper.

"Hi honey, you look nice today,"

I ignored her and grabbed a cereal bar. Then I started heading towards the front door. The bus wouldn't be here for another fifteen minutes but right now, I would do anything to get away from my mom. She attempted to stop me.

"Kristina, I didn't--"

"Don't worry mother. After school today, I'll go to the mall and look for a job. No soccer." I slammed the door behind me.

The bus stop was deserted. I sat down on a bench and started munching on the cereal bar. Ew...I took the wrong flavor. Banana is disgusting. I stuffed it into my backpack.

"Wow!" I heard someone say.

I turned to see who it was.

"Hi Pete," I said.

"You're wearing a skirt! And your hair...!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah,"

"Whoa..." he sat down next to me and smiled.

"What are you trying to do? Does it have anything to do with soccer? If so, you can stop it because I'm done."

He gave me a strange look, "First of all, why would it have anything to do with soccer? And second of all, what do you mean 'I'm done'?"

"I mean I'm done with soccer, I quit."

He gaped. "Why? You can't do that!"

"Yes I can! I just did! I need to get my head out of the clouds. All the way down so that my feet are on the ground. I don't stand a chance as a soccer player."

"Yes you do...you're really good." He put his arm around my shoulder.

I shrugged him off, "Well, even if I wanted to, I can't. I have to get a job."

He was about to say something when the other kids started to file in. In about two seconds, the bus arrived.



I didn't see Alicia on the bus so I sat down in a two seater and stared out the window. I knew I would start crying any second. I was still not ready to let go of soccer. There must be some way to play... An idea began to form. What if I-

"Can I sit with you?" a voice made me jump.

It was Pete.

"Why?" I asked sharply.

"Uh...why not?"

"Fine," I scooted over.

"So...where are you gonna work? My friend works at Dick's Sporting Goods and they have a 'Help Wanted' sign up. Maybe you could get the job," he suggested.

I decided to tell him my plan, "Well, I was thinking that instead of actually getting a job, I could pretend to have one, and play soccer while my mom thinks I'm at work."

"Okay...what if she finds out?"

"I'll cross that bridge if I reach it," Then the world will come crashing down.

By now, we were at school. Pete grabbed my hand and stood, pulling me up with him.

"Whoa," I said and pulled my hand back.

"What?" he asked innocently.

I looked at him, "Nothing."

We got out of the bus and walked to our lockers together.

"I wonder where Alicia is today?" I thought out loud.

"I dunno," Pete pulled out the books he needed for 1st period. They were the same books I was getting out. Oh yeah, we have first period together. Great, more time getting weirded out because he was being so nice.

I somehow got through the whole day without getting any snide remarks about my skirt, although people did stare. I'm sick of being a girl.
Sign up to rate and review this story