Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live the Car-Crash Hearts

2.

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

Car crashes are always life-altering experiences...but not always like this one. Meh. Another one. I don't know how I'll keep up now.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-20 - Updated: 2007-07-21 - 763 words

0Unrated
t w o.

I woke up to the beeping of a pulse monitor (A/N: I have no clue what they're actually called, so please don't shoot me). It made me think of that one song that my roommate always used to listen to by that one band...My something Romance? That was it. I heard the lead singer's voice start in my head and I quickly shook it to get the sound out.

Of course, I regretted doing that as soon as I actually finished doing it. "Fuck," I muttered. I hadn't opened my eyes yet, and I did after shaking my head. I looked down and saw tubes sticking into my arms and running to machines all around me. I saw scratches all up and down my arms.

"You're awake! Thank God," I heard a guy's voice say. I looked to my right, instantly regretting the movement. It made me dizzy and my neck really hurt. I saw a man with the makings of an afro and a bit of a beard. I tried to remember if I knew him, but I kept drawing a blank.

"Do I know you?" I asked cautiously. I remember a car crash, that was for sure, and I remembered part of the name of my roommate's favorite band. I think I went to one of their shows with her because her boyfriend dumped her, but I never knew their name. And I remember calling all the girls before the crash asking someone to take my shift. I even remember when I dropped out of college...maybe that was better left not remembered.

"I'm Joe. Joe Trohman. My friend totaled your car," he said by way of introduction. I gave him a nervous smile. "Please don't freak out. We were in the car with him and he wasn't paying attention. And we all freaked out when we saw your car rolling so we called an ambulance. We've all been in here with you for the past two days or so, just in case you woke up. We didn't want you to wake up all alone, and my friend wanted to apologize." I heaved a sigh.

"It was totaled, huh?" I asked. He nodded. "Great."

"Don't worry. We'll find a way to get you another one," he said. I raised my eyebrow but didn't say anything.

"Joe, I'll take over--" said this one guy as he walked in. He was wearing a trucker hat and had sideburns the size of Alaska. I swear. "Oh, you're awake. Thank God." I laughed at that. The two gave me confused looks.

"It's nothing, just you both said the same thing when you found out I woke up," I explained. They rolled their eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Pete really needs to pay more attention when he drives, I swear. I wonder why we even let him drive," Patrick said. I attempted to shrug and grimaced when I felt the pain in both my chest and ribs. "I'll go get Pete and Andy. Just wait here," Patrick said.

"Where else would she go, dorkwad?" Joe asked. Patrick didn't reply and left. Joe turned his attention back to me. "So...where were you going when my friend so tragically hit you?" I squeezed my eyes shut, remembering that I hadn't been to work the past few days because I was hospitalized.

"Work. I work at this diner that was like right there, and I was running a little late. And I haven't been there for a few days apparently, so I have no clue if I still have a job. Or an apartment. And I don't have a car. Shit, this sucks," I said, realization just hitting me. I closed my eyes tighter and willed this entire episode to be just a dream. I opened my eyes and saw Joe still staring at me with those sympathetic eyes.

"Now I feel like an asshole for being in that car that hit you," Joe muttered. I took a few deep breaths, trying not to freak out that I had been in what seemed like an almost fatal car crash that totaled my car, probably lost my job for not showing up, and would most likely lose my apartment if I don't get a job soon. I needed to get out of that hospital.

The door opened once again, and Patrick, two other boys that I didn't know, and a doctor all filed into the room. Please let me go home, I thought.
**
A/N: I hope it's not crappy.

Love it? Hate it? Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story