Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I Was Born Under A Bad Sign

chapter 4

by Rybekka 3 reviews

..

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-23 - 1331 words

0Unrated
Title:I Was Born Under A Bad Sign
Author: Rebekka. points at self
Word Count:1,294
Chapter Count: FOUR of Huh?
Author's Notes: Thanks for the comments =) sorry for the delay
Disclaimer: Not as true as TRUUUE LOVE!

"KAAATE!"

I tossed and turned in my bed and tried to ignore the constant screaming from my sister. I was still so tried from last night, and I did not think it was a good idea to get up now. But my sister thought otherwise.

"KAITLIN HALEY BENNETT!"

I groaned and opened one eye to check the time. Quarter past twelve. Well, maybe I should get up. I heard my stomach growl in agreement. I sat up in my bed and nudged my eyes. What did she want anyways?

"What do you want, Stacy?" I yelled back and started rummaging through my wardrobe in search of some clothes. I heard her yell something non understandable in reply. I rolled my eyes and closed the drawer after grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I quickly got dressed and then ran down stairs trying hard to keep my balance since I wasn't quite fully woken up.

Stacy was standing at the bottom of the stairs with one hand on her hip and tapping her foot impatiently.

"Finally." She complained. "I need you to go to the store. Mom and dad left already and I have to set up for the party tonight and I don't have time to go myself so could you please?" She asked though I knew well that she wouldn't take no for an answer. I rolled my eyes at her and sighed.

"What do you need?"

"Um, just chips and cups," She said with a satisfied smile on her face, "and try to be quick." She then she turned away without as much as a goodbye. I sighed again and grabbed my car keys.

This was a yearly tradition. Our older brother, Dan, was usually the host but now since he was gone to collage it was Stacy's job. Everyone knew about the Bennett's end of the school year party and tonight the house would probably be full of drunken high school kids. I dreaded it every year.

After about 10 minute driving I arrived at the store. Not many people were shopping at this time and I enjoyed the quiet. The cheesy store music was pretty annoying though.

I grabbed a cart and started picking out all kinds of snacks, and a lot of single-use cups. As I was passing the magazine stand I remembered that the new Rolling Stone magazine was supposed to go on sale today. With Panic! At The Disco on the cover of course, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered since Stacy would probably yell at me for taking longer than 15 minutes. But this was worth it I decided.

I pulled the cart to a halt and started looking through the sea of magazines for the right one. Just as I spotted the magazine I heard footsteps approaching me. I took the magazine up in excitement and didn't bother to look at the person who had entered the section. I opened the magazine and searched for the article.

"That band sucks doesn't it?" I heard a familiar voice say as I reached the right page. I turned around and I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment. There he was standing, the same guy I had spilled water all over the previous night and so fortunately the face that was gracing the magazine cover I was holding in my hands.

"Uh, uh..." I stuttered and prayed that he wouldn't recognize me.

"No just kidding." He smiled and his eyes wandered over the magazine stand in search of another copy of the same magazine. "Oh, damn. That seems to be the last copy." He said and looked at the magazine in my hands. I still being in shock and all didn't really register what he had said.

When I did I quickly babbled out: "You can have mine, I mean it's your cover and everything." And nervously handed him the magazine.

"You sure?" He said uncertain and took it out of my hands. I quickly nodded and started staring at my shoes; still sure that he would recognize me any moment now.

"Thanks!" He smiled and looked over the cover then back at me with a questioning look on his face. "Wait, do I know you?" There was it.

He eyed my suspiciously and I spat out a "No, nice meeting you though." and turned around to my cart and started speeding away. I could feel him still staring at me and I sneaked a one more look back at him as I was turning at a corner. But that small look caused my shopping cart to collide with another one steered by an old lady. I lost my balance and took two steps backwards trying to regain it but unfortunately I threw down a cereal display. You know the ones where the boxed a stacked up in a pyramid, it's stupid really but with my luck and gravity, the boxes started falling down and I with them.

I let out a loud yelp as I was buried in cereal boxes. This wouldn't happen to anyone other than me. Plus there was a rock star present that I spilled water all over. Could this be more embarrassing?

"Oh my god, are you alright?" I heard Brendon yell as he came running towards me lying on the floor, holding out a hand to help me up. I blushed and took his hand. When I was standing up again, done making sure that no cereal boxes were close to my feet that could cause me to fall again I looked up at Brendon, who was still holding my hand by the way. I noticed the concentrated look on his face and realized that he had been studying my face while I was gaining balance again.

"Hey, you're that girl spilled water over me last night!" He realized and let my hand go to point it at me. I blushed and looked away. "I knew that I had seen you before! What an unlucky girl you must be. Spilling water over rock stars and falling into a pyramid of cereal boxes." He grinned.

I scratched my head and let a smile slip on my blushing face. "Yup, that's me."

He chuckled and kept grinning. "Well, I´m Brendon. But you probably know that already." He said and handed out his hand.

I gladly shook it and said, "Yeah, I kinda knew, I'm Kate."

"Well, nice meeting you, again. Try not to bump into more cereal pyramids today." He said smirking and we parted from our handshake. "See you around."

"Yeah." I said searching for anything else to say but nothing came to mind, so I just watched him walk away to pay for his magazine.

This was truly unbelievable. I had met my favorite musician two days in a row when I had thought that I wouldn't even get to see him play live. That's kind of lucky, still why did I have to get embarrassed both times. Well, it wasn't like I was ever going to see him again anyway, so the embarrassment shouldn't be that hard to get over.

I was still standing there in the middle of the mess of cereal boxes thinking about this when a man addressed me.

"You'll have to clean that up." He said stiffly and crossed his arms. I looked down at the mess of yellow cheerios boxes. How was I even going to get all those boxes into a pyramid again?

I looked back up at the man and nodded. Then bent down to start picking up the boxes. Stacy was going to be really mad at me for being so late, cause it looked like I was going to spend a while here to fix the mess I had made.
Sign up to rate and review this story