Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live the Car-Crash Hearts

3.

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

Car crashes are always life-altering experiences...but not always like this one. Meh. Another one. I don't know how I'll keep up now.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-23 - Updated: 2007-07-24 - 701 words

0Unrated
t h r e e.

"Miss Elaine Stanley?" the doctor asked, as if he was reminding me of my own name. I nodded slowly so as not to disturb my head or neck too much. "I'm Dr. Adamson. I'm about to tell you exactly what your condition is. Would you like these men to leave?" I shrugged, not caring either way.

"They can stay," I said. Everyone but the doctor took a seat around my bed.

"Well, it seems that you were lucky. You have a few broken ribs, a bruised collarbone, some minor neck injuries, a mild concussion, and some lacerations up and down your arms and on your face that required some stiches." Ouch. I saw Joe and Patrick wince a little. "Now to fully recover from your injuries, you'll be put on strict bedrest for at least two or three weeks."

"Two or three weeks?" I exclaimed. "I can't do that. I have a job, I have to pay for my apartment! I can't just take two or three weeks off!" What was I going to do?

"Miss Stanley, please just calm down. If you want to heal and not be in pain for months, it's imperative that you don't overexert yourself for at least three weeks. I'm sorry if it doesn't agree with your schedule, but that's what needs to happen," the doctor said, obviously a bit alarmed at my outburst.

"It's OK," Joe piped up. "We'll take care of her!" Patrick nodded half-heartedly, and another guy with black hair falling into his eyes started talking too.

"Yeah, it was my bad anyway. We'll help you get better," he said. I sighed.

"It would also be in your interest to get this prescription for some painkillers to ease your--" the doctor started.

"NO!" another guy with reddish shoulder-length hair said loudly. We all gave him quizzical looks. "She's not taking any painkillers. I don't want them in the house." He looked pointedly at the floor, as did the other guy I didn't know. The doctor looked a little freaked out in the room with all of us and our loud outbursts.

"Well, I guess that's all I have to say to you, Miss Stanley. You'll be free to go tomorrow afternoon, after you check out with me. I'll leave the prescription with you just in case you guys change your minds. I'll check on you and check you out tomorrow, and please remember, Miss Stanley, that bedrest is the best way for your injuries to heal." The doctor left the room, probably glad to be out of there.

"So..." Patrick said after a long and awkward pause. "I'm gonna go and fix up the house if she's gonna stay there." He bolted from the room before we could blink.

"So..." Joe said after another similarly long and awkward pause. "This is..."

"Awkward?" I asked nervously. It was kind of hard to not be nervous when I was in a hotel room with three guys, one of which I barely knew, and the other two of which I didn't even know the names of.

"Oh!" Joe said, smacking his forehead. "I'm so stupid. Elaine? Was that what the doctor said your name was?" he asked. I wrinkled my nose.

"Lane," I corrected him. I hated it when people used my entire name.

"Lane, sorry. This is Pete," he said, gesturing to the guy with black hair. "And this is Andy." He pointed to the man with red hair.

"And who would be the one that was driving the other day?" I asked carefully.

"That would be me," Pete said quietly, raising his hand.
***
A/N: So this is going in a different direction than I originally intended. We'll get out of the hospital ASAP. I didn't mean to stay in it for more than two chapters, but...we'll have to see.

Also, I'm going on a very sudden family vacation for about a week, which means no computer, which means no updates for my "rabid readers" until I get back. This week is going to be very busy. Dreadfully sorry, but just wait until I get back, filled to the brim with inspiration. :)

Love it? Hate it? Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story