Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Sasuke's Return

Chapter Two: Room mates

by Little_Miss_Sunshine 3 reviews

Sasuke is back and Sakura has to watch him and make sure that he doesn't do anything bad.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Tsunade - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-24 - Updated: 2007-07-25 - 1098 words

1Exciting
Hey! Here is Chapter Two: Room mates

Thank you to kiba luv and Sakura_Uchiha_2007 for reviewing! It means a lot!


______________________________________________________________________
RECAP:

Naruto moved the chair to the side of the door and opened it. There sitting on the bed was the Uchiha Sasuke giving Naruto, Tsunade, and me that famous Uchiha glare of his.
______________________________________________________________________

'Why was he here?' I thought. 'Didn't he hate us? Wasn't he supposed to be out looking for his brother? Had he killed his brother?'

I studied his face. He looked the same, just a little older, and his hair was a little longer. He was still glaring at us. I could see that he had more cuts and bruises than Naruto, and his clothes were all ripped and bloody. He looked like he had been through a war and I could tell he was trying not to pass out.

I realized I was starring at him and looked down at my shoes, blushing.

'He still has that effect on me? I thought I was over him.'

I wondered what I should do. Should I go up and hug him and tell him I missed him? No! That is what the weak twelve year old me would have done. Then I thought about the last time I had seen him. It had been a little more than a year ago when we had invaded Orochimaru's base. He had wanted to kill us the last time we had seen him.

Suddenly I felt like punching him. With my strength, I could for sure knock him out, and it seemed like a fair punishment for all he had done to Kakashi, Naruto, the village and me.
But, I couldn't do it. He looked awful already, and I would feel so guilty later. I hated myself for not doing it and I hated HIM even more for making me this flustered.

I started to feel tears pooling in my eyes, but I don't want anyone to notice them, so I tried to think of the nastiest thing I can say and then it was on my lips as I ran from him and the hospital.

"I HATE YOU UCHIHA SASUKE!"

______________________________________________________________________

'I can't believe I said that' I thought as I rolled over in my bed. I had been trying to get to asleep for hours, but had been unsuccessful. I kept replaying the events earlier in my mind.

"I'm such a loser," I moaned into my pillow.

Naruto would be upset with me for storming out and I wondered how Tsunade would react when I saw her at the hospital tomorrow. And I didn't even want to think about what Sasuke thought about my little outburst.

Giving up on sleep, I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen and got a tub of ice cream from the freezer and a spoon. Then I went and sat on the couch and turned on the television. I started washing some sappy romance movie and began to eat my ice cream, dreading what tomorrow would bring.

______________________________________________________________________

It had been four days since my outburst and I hadn't seen Sasuke since. I had tried to avoid him, and I never went too close to his room.

Although I could avoid Sasuke, I couldn't avoid Naruto.

The day after I screamed at Sasuke, Naruto dragged me to Ichiraku Ramen bar and told me how he had found Sasuke. He had been on a mission when he came across Sasuke fighting his brother. Naruto had joined into the fight and they had killed Itachi together. After the fight, Sasuke passed out and Naruto dragged him back home.

I couldn't help but think if Naruto hadn't dragged Sasuke back, would he of come back at all?

______________________________________________________________________

I was about to leave the hospital for the day, but someone called my name before I could do that.

"Sakura!"

I turned around and saw Shizune. "What is it?" I asked.

"Tsunade would like to see you in her office."

"Thank you Shizune," I said and then took off for the Hokage tower.

______________________________________________________________________

I knocked on the door to Tsunade's office and heard her call for me to come in. I opened the door and walked in.

"There you are Sakura, please sit down," Tsunade told me.

I did as I was asked but I noticed there was another person already sitting in one of the chairs. It was Sasuke. Tsunade walked to her desk and sat down in her own chair.

"So Sakura," Tsunade began, "I have decided a punishment for Sasuke."

"Okay, but why are you telling me?" I asked.

"Because you play a main part in the punishment," Tsunade answered. "The village cannot just trust Sasuke just like that. I have to make sure that he won't betray us again, so he will not be allowed on any missions for a year and he has and ankle bracelet that monitors where he is at all times and it also controls his chakra. On top of that, he will be placed under house arrest but I can't trust him on his own so we need someone to watch him."

I wasn't liking where this was going.

"So Sakura," continued Tsunade, "I have decided that Sasuke will have to live with you until further notice."

"What!?!" I yelled while standing up and knocking over the chair I had just been sitting in. "You can't do this to me. Can't he live with Naruto or Kakashi?"

"Sakura," Tsunade said sternly. "Kakashi is currently on a mission and do you really think that Naruto and Sasuke can live together without killing each other?"

I had to admit that she had a point there but no way was I giving up. "Can't he live with someone else?"

"No Sakura, I'm sorry. I think he would be more comfortable with someone who used to be on his team."

I felt like screaming. I glanced over at Sasuke who had remained quiet this whole time and who was now starring at the floor. He probably would rather live on the streets than with me. I looked back at Tsunade and knew I had no chance of getting out of this.

"Fine," I said to Tsunade and the I looked back over at Sasuke. "Come on," I growled.

I stormed out of the Hokage tower with Sasuke following several feet behind me. I couldn't believe this! Why in all of the people in the world did Sasuke Uchiha have to be my room mate!?!

______________________________________________________________________

That's it for now. Please review if you liked it and I will update soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story