Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 4: Chicago Lights

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Come back home...will things be normal.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-25 - Updated: 2007-07-25 - 1664 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 4: Chicago Lights

The next day Patricia and Destiny went to the hospital to pick the boys up. Patricia went to the desk to check them out and Destiny went to Patrick's room. "Hey, are you ready to leave?" "Yes, how's mom?" "She's cooled off some. I've never seen her that mad. What's your punishment?" "It's actually not bad. Just extra stuff around the house. I think getting knocked around helped in that area." "Patrick! That's not funny. I was so worried about you." "I'm sorry. Come here." She walked to Patrick. "What?" "I want to take you on a date when we get home. You deserve it." "Patrick, I don't know. I don't want to ruin our friendship." "We won't. It's just a date, nothing more." "Alright." Patricia came in. "Here are some clothes. We leave in ten minutes. Be out there or I'm leaving without you, Patrick." She left the room. "She's still pissed." Patrick said. "Yeah. I'll wait for you out in the waiting room.

Destiny walked out and seen Pete. She sat next to him. "How are you doing?" "Alright. My parents are really mad. It's not going to be fun going home." "You two shouldn't of come here." "We realize that now. He wanted to protect you. I don't know what happened, Destiny. But I know Patrick cares very much about you. Give him a little slack." Patrick came out. "I'm glad to get out of here." He sat next to Destiny. She looked at him. She was falling in love with him, but didn't know if she should. She didn't want to ruin their friendship. Patricia came over and they left to go back to Chicago.

Destiny got dressed for school and went to get Patrick. "Hi, Patty. Ready." "Yeah, let's go." The walked to school in silence. "What's wrong?" Destiny asked. "What? Nothing. Well, do you want to go to the dance with me?" "The dance? Sure." "Good." Patrick stopped. "Destiny, do you remember when we first kissed?" "Yeah, we were five. We were playing Star Wars. Why?" "Just wondering." He put his books down and kissed her. "Was it like when we were five?" "No, you are better." She blushed. "Let's go. We are going to be late. They got to school and Destiny went to her locker. She was getting her book out for her first class. "Hi Destiny." "Oh, hi Josh. How are you?" Josh had a locker next to Destiny. "Good. I want to ask you something." "Sure, what?" "Um, would you like to go out tonight for supper?" "Yeah, that would be nice." "Okay, can I get your number?" "Yeah." She wrote her number down and gave it to him. "Thanks. I'll call you later if I don't see you." "Alright." Destiny didn't see Patrick standing behind her. He turned around and walked away.

At lunch Destiny looked for Patrick. He wasn't anywhere, so she sat next to Tina and Pete. "Hi guys, did you see Patrick?" "He was pretty upset in English this morning." Pete said. "Why? He was fine when we came here. I wonder what happened?" "He said some girl that he asked out was going out with some other guy. He didn't tell me though." "He never mentioned anyone. We are going to the dance next week together. I would think if there was someone he would of asked her." "I don't know. I don't get in Trick's personal life." Pete laughed. All of a sudden Patrick came and sat down. "How is everyone?" "Alright." Destiny said. "Good. You know I was thinking, maybe we shouldn't go to the dance together?" "What? Why not?" "There is someone else. I should of told you." "Patrick, what are you talking about?" "Nothing. I got to go." He got up and left.

Destiny went after him. "Wait." She grabbed his arm. "Let go." "Patty, what's wrong?" "Josh." "What?" "I thought we were going out." "For the dance. You never mentioned about us dating. I like you, heck I love you. But I don't want to lose you as a friend. I'm scared." "Destiny, want don't we just give it a shot. I promise if it doesn't work out we will remain friends." "I don't know." "Please." "Alright." "Good. Wanna go out tonight?" "You move fast." "You betcha." "I'm going to tell Josh. I don't want to hurt him." "Okay, come here." Destiny went to Patrick and he kissed her. "Talk to you in art class." "Okay."
Destiny went to find Josh. "Josh, I need to talk to you." "Oh, okay." "Um, I don't know how to tell you this. Patrick wants to go out with me and I didn't realize it. I'm sorry. Will you please forgive me?" "Sure. I understand. You two have been friends for awhile. If things don't work out I'll be waiting." He kissed Destiny on her cheek. Destiny went to her Algebra class and then art class. She sat next to Patrick. "Did you tell Josh?" "Yeah, but I feel awful." "Come on, babe. Don't beat yourself up over it." "Thank you. Do you want to come over after school and studying?" "Yeah. Sounds good."

After school Patrick and Destiny walked to her house. Patrick sat on the couch and took out his algebra book. "Do you have a test on Friday?" He asked Destiny. "Yeah. Do you need help?" "A little. Why aren't you sitting down?" "I don't know. I guess I feel nervous now." She laughed and sat next to Patrick. "Don't be nervous." He put his book on the coffee table. He took her face in his hands and kissed her. Destiny wrapped her arms around Patrick. They fell back on the couch. He slide his hands under her shirt. "Patrick, stop. I'm not ready." "I'm sorry. I shouldn't of." "No, it's not that. I just can't get my father out of my mind." "Oh hunny, I'm not him. I won't ever do what you don't want. Tell me if I ever do something you don't want." He hugged her. "Tomorrow I start my therapy. When I told my mom she was so upset. I told her I think I should see someone that isn't close to me." "I think that is a great idea. I want you to get help that you need. I love you and want the best for you."
"Patrick, what would I do without you?" "You would do just fine. You are strong. Hey, when are you going to get a dress?" "Um, I don't know. Why? I want to give you some money." "Patty, you don't need to." "Do you have enough?" "Yes, I'm going to ask Tina to go to the mall on Saturday." "Alright. Do you want to go to the movies on Saturday night?" "Of course." They finished studying and Destiny went over to Patrick's to spend the night since her mom wasn't going to be home until the morning. After supper Patrick and Destiny went to his room. Destiny laid on the bed and started her English homework. Patrick sat down on her bed. "What?" "Nothing. Can't I look at you?" "I don't know." He push her hair out of her eyes. "I can't get enough of you Destiny. I love you. I think I just realized how much." Destiny started crying. "Oh honey. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to cry." He laid down next to her and took her into her arms.
"What's wrong?" "I just didn't think a boy would love me. Especially, after what my dad did. Patrick, I'm damaged." "Oh god, no. Destiny, don't think that for a minute." "I'm sorry. It's just so hard." They laid there for awhile. Patrick just held her. Destiny fell asleep and Patrick put the blanket over her. He got ready for bed and went to sleep watching Destiny.

The next day Destiny and Patrick went to school and afterwards Destiny and her mom went to the therapist. Destiny was scared, but she knew she had to do it. Forty-five minutes later Destiny came out of the office. "How was it?" "Alright. Hard though." Becky made another appointment for Destiny and they went out for supper. "Destiny, how are things?" "Okay, Patrick is helping me." "That's good. If you ever need to talk you know you can come to me." "I know. Mom, Patrick and I are dating." "You are? That's good. I know how much he loves you. I just hope things work out and you don't ruin your friendship." "Me too. I've told him that. We are going to the school dance next week." "That's good. Maybe I should talk to Patricia. If you two are dating, I don't know if it's a good idea of you two sharing a room." "Oh mother. We know not to do anything. Especially, after everything with dad." "Alright. I trust you." They went home and Destiny went to her bedroom.

A few minutes later she heard a knock on her window. "What is that boy doing?" She opened the window. "What are you doing? Haven't you heard of a phone?" "Just let me in." He came into her bedroom. "How was your appointment?" "Good. It was hard, but it felt good getting it out." Patrick walked to her and wrapped his arms around her waist and put his chin on her shoulder. "I missed you this afternoon." "I missed you too." She turned around and kissed him. "I told my mom about us." "Yeah, what did she say?" "She just hope we wouldn't ruin our friendship." "I told my mom and she said the same thing." "We just need to make sure we don't." "For sure. I care too much for you to lose our friendship." "Patrick, as much as I would love to talk, I need to go to bed." "Alright. I'll talk to you tomorrow." "Okay. I love you." "I love you too." Patrick left her to go to bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story