Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Alphabet Soup

"E" is for Eternal

by kirayasha 0 reviews

Collection of 26 Jakotsu-centric challenge fics. They can either be set in the feudal era or modern times. The idea is based off of Killa Kay's Gravitations short stories called "A to Z."

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bankotsu,Jakotsu - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-25 - Updated: 2007-07-26 - 2669 words - Complete

0Unrated
Alphabet Soup



By kira



Author’s note: The following is a series of Jakotsu-centric challenge fics written from a list my dear friend and writing partner, Vega-chan, came up with for me. It’s is based on Killa Kay’s awesome collection of Gravitation short stories called “A to Z.” (You can find them in my favorite stories section.) Due to the nature of the word given, they can either be what I call “canon timeline” which is set before their first deaths or AU which is set in modern times and will be set in the “world” I created in my story, “Homecoming.”

Part of this particular fic is based on Vega-chan’s awesome SciFi adventure AU “IY 14 Project.” It can be found over at DeviantArt under her gallery name of VegaSailor.

FYI: Gaijin is Japanese for foreigner.

Okama: Japanese slang for an effeminate man, especially a drag queen, and can also refer to one’s behind or anus. It also means a pot. When used to refer to a gay man it can have negative connotations.



“E” is for Eternal.


“Sui, what does ‘ternal’ mean?” the cross-dresser asked.

“Ternal?”

“Yeah… Ren said I was a ternal pain in his ass the other day and I was wondering if it was a good thing or not…” Jakotsu said quietly as they made their way home form a mission. “I know ‘pain in the ass’ isn’t but I was hoping the ‘ternal’ meant maybe it was…”

“I think you mean ‘eternal.’” The claw-bearer smiled. “In Ren’s case it’s not such a good thing, but if Oo-Aniki said you were his eternal love it is. Eternal means it lasts forever.”

“Really?”

“Yup… Lots of things can be eternal, like pines on a mountain top, or the seasons, or the cycle of life and death.”

“Oh… But how would I know if I was Aniki-chan’s ternal love? He still goes whoring, but he always comes home to me every night.”

“That’s a good sign.”

“The whoring?” Jakotsu looked up, wide-eyed, at the claw-bearer and Suikotsu was hard pressed to tell if he was teasing him or not.

“No, the ‘always coming home to you’ part.”

“Oh…”

“So when you die and your love is eternal, then you’ll get reborn as lovers.”

“Really?!”

“I believe so.”

“Amazing…”

“Yes, it is.”

“I hope it’s true…”

“Me too,” Suikotsu said with a smile. “I think it would be a wonderful thing if yours and Oo-Aniki’s love lasted an eternity…”

888

The cross-dresser left his dressing room, fully made-up and in character. He giggled when Sesshomaru came up to him, taking his hand and kissing it in an exaggerated attempt at gallantry. Jakotsu immediately felt at ease and by the time he got around to meeting the rest of the band and their wives and various hangers-on, he felt as if they were old friends.

So when the director yelled “Cut!” and told them to break for lunch, Jakotsu knew he had done the right thing just like his friend Suikotsu had told him it was. He helped himself to some salad and a tuna fish sandwich and headed off to a quiet corner to eat by himself.

“Do you mind if I sit here?”

Jakotsu looked up and smiled. “No, not at all. You’re…ummm… I’m sorry; everyone is just a blur of names. You are?”

“Kusao Bankotsu, but everyone calls me Ban. Stupid gaijin started calling me by my first name and after awhile I got tired of correcting them.” He grinned.

“Oh…” Jakotsu raised a delicate eyebrow at him. “You know, I’m a stupid gaijin too, Kusao-san.”

Bankotsu’s mouth hung open as he blushed. “I’m sorry; I didn’t know...Honestly you don’t look it.”

“It’s okay.” The cross-dresser smiled. “At least you didn’t call me an ‘okama.’”

“That’s true…” Bankotsu chuckled before growing serious. “I don’t know… I just find it amazing how you do it. I saw you walk in this morning and you looked like a guy, and an hour later you’re a woman.”

“Well, I have had a lot of practice doing this.”

“Yeah?” Bankotsu said as he swallowed a bite of his sandwich.

“Yeah… You know, I got caught a few times playing with makeup when I was thirteen. My parents were crazy upset about it, my father especially.” Jakotsu giggled.

“I’ll bet.”

“So my father, in a burst of inspiration, transferred me to an all guy school as he figured I was too much in touch with my feminine side. Let’s just say it was a gay boy’s dream come true in a sense.” The cross-dresser giggled again. “Although, I have to admit I was too scared to act on the opportunity; too many guys who’d just as soon kick my ass as plough it.” He sighed wistfully.

Bankotsu tried hard not to laugh but failed miserably.

Jakotsu smiled. He was completely taken aback by how Bankotsu was able to get him to open up about himself, and he liked it. “You know you’re easy to talk to. I feel like we’ve been friends forever, you know?”

“Yeah… It’s weird but I kinda feel the same way too.”

“Maybe we knew each other in a past life or something,” the cross-dresser teased.

“Yeah maybe…” Bankotsu replied.

“Don’t tell me you believe in that stuff?”

“Yeah… That’s why I’m not worried that I’m pushing thirty slowly uphill and still haven’t settled down yet. It’s killing my family as my aunt who raised me as her own wants grandchildren, but… I don’t know. I just can’t see me having kids.” Bankotsu sipped his tea.

“Well, unless you’re hiding a uterus somewhere I don’t know about, I’d say you having kids is a wee bit impossible, no?”

Bankotsu laughed. “You got me there.”

“So we’ll just have to get you a cat and call it a baby,” the cross-dresser teased. “But seriously, why aren’t you worried about settling down?” Jakotsu took a bite of his sandwich.

“I know this going to sound really weird, but …Ummm… Have you heard of a manga or anime called Chobits?”

“That’s the CLAMP one about the computer girl, no?”

“Yeah! Well, Chi, the computer girl, used to read these books about-”

“’Someone just for me!’ I know!! I love that one! Poor Hideki, he finally finds the girl of his dreams and winds up not getting any.” The cross-dresser chuckled.

“Yeah…”

“I always knew he should have just jumped that Shinbo’s bones and been done with it.”

Bankotsu laughed. “But what about Yumi?”

Jakotsu made a little sound of disgust. “Oh please! She’s so pathetic! Always throwing herself at him like that.”

“True…”

“So you’re saying you haven’t found that ‘someone just for you’ yet?”

“Yup. That’s why I’m not worried. I have the feeling sooner or later I’ll meet her or him for that matter, and everything will just feel right and that’s how I’ll know.”

“Interesting… I thought I had found that guy once, but it turned out I was dead wrong.” Jakotsu sighed. “So I’ve just about given up hope of ever finding him.”

“Try not to think like that. I mean you never know that special someone could be closer than you think.”

“Yeah…?”

“Yeah…” Bankotsu said.

They lapsed into silence as they finished their lunches.

Jakotsu reluctantly got to leave. “Thank you, Ban, for the pleasant company.”

“You’re welcome… Wait, you’re not leaving are you?” Bankotsu reached out and gently grabbed the cross-dresser’s wrist as he started to walk past.

“Well, I do have to get back to work soon…” the cross-dresser said. “And I did want to brush my teeth since I doubt Sessh would want to kiss me with all this tuna breath. Plus I need to fix my makeup. Do you want to, ummm… go out for dinner after this?”

“Yeah… I’d really like that. And you don’t have dress up if you don’t want to. Or if you do I won’t mind, whatever makes you feel more comfortable.”

Jakotsu smiled. “How about we compromise and I wear some makeup with my jeans?”

“Sounds like a plan to me.”

“Yeah? Well, it sounded more like a date to me,” Jakotsu said saucily as he walked away.

“A date…?”

“Yeah, a date…” the cross-dresser called out. Inwardly, Jakotsu could not believe he got a date so easily and he figured his luck was finally starting to change. Then again he wondered if maybe there was some truth to what Bankotsu had said about finding the love of his life. Shrugging as he headed towards his dressing room, Jakotsu decided he would think about the possibilities later on over dinner.

888

Bankotsu looked at the psychiatrist and sighed. “He’s still stressing out?”

The doctor looked down at the data pad in front of her. “Yes. While the flashbacks and nightmares about the incident have lessened to an extent, he’s still not sleeping as well as he should after all this time. Plus he’s starting to claim the only reason he’s here is to cure his homosexuality and cross-dressing and no matter how many times it’s explained to him that they haven’t been classified as mental disorders in centuries, he persists in the belief and he’s started to refuse his medication and as result-”

“Damn…”

“It’s been undermining his recovery. Now every time he hears a loud noise and ducks for cover, when any of the doctors try to medicate him, he starts carrying on about how we can’t do that as it’ll destroy the love he has for you. And then he stresses out even more. I believe he’s still reliving the event and his love for you is very strong to point where it’s affecting his recovery.”

“I didn’t know he was reliving the event. But then again, I wasn’t even seriously hurt. It looked bad, I mean what head wound doesn’t look bad?” Bankotsu quipped and getting no response from the doctor other than an arched eyebrow, he said, “I just don’t understand why he’s getting so freaked out about something that happened a while ago.”

“Post traumatic stress disorder is like that. He’s unable to deal with what happened to himself so he’s coping by being overprotective of you. And since you’re both military, or rather paramilitary, danger comes up frequently in your line of work. Initially, I suspect something very minor triggered a panic attack sometime after the fact and because you were so far away from proper medical help at the time it escalated out of control.”

“I was hit with some shrapnel when a computer station he was working on blew up. All I got was a scratch when he’s lucky to be alive.”

“I see…” She keyed in more data on her pad.

“Doctor, are you saying that any type of military action is going to make him worse?”

“It’s possible.” She looked down at her data pad again and keyed something in. “It’s rare, but it does happen that one patient in every hundred we treat cannot be helped. And if your partner is one of them, then your options are limited. We can treat the symptoms, but your choice of a career also increases the likelihood that he will get worse despite our best efforts. However, if it’s any consolation to you he’s been a tremendous help in getting one of our other patients to calm down enough that he no longer needs restraints.”

“Restraints?”

The psychiatrist nodded. “He heard one of our newer patients having a psychotic episode and amazingly he was able to calm him down better than the medication we had been trying. Since then they’ve been inseparable. Come; I’ll take you to the observation deck and you can see for yourself. In a way, this could be a break through for him.” She got up from behind her desk and headed towards the door, Bankotsu in tow. As they walked down the halls to the observation deck, Bankotsu peppered her with questions about his partner’s new friend. The more she told him, more Bankotsu worried that keeping Jakotsu here was a good idea, especially since it seemed he was getting worse instead of better.

The psychiatrist palmed a switched and the opaque window suddenly cleared. As she continued to hold her hand over the switch snatches of Jakotsu’s and the other patient’s conversation became audible until they could hear the whole thing perfectly.

“… Yup…” Jakotsu sighed. “Our love is infernal.” He nodded.

“Infertile?” the other patient asked.

“Infertile, no… that’s not it…” The cross-dresser chewed on his lower lip as he tried to remember the word. “It’s the word that means going on and on like the pink bunny with the drum does.” He thought for a bit. “Damn it! I can’t remember what it is! They must be putting shit in my oatmeal again!”

“Yeah…?”

“Yeah! I tell you, Sui, somebody wants me to forget the love I have for my Ban…” Jakotsu said and there was no mistaking the look of panic on his face.

“You think the pink bunny’s doing it?”

Jakotsu laughed. “That’s funny! That little bunny was evil!! He kept banging on this drum over and over again. But he wasn’t as funny as the women writing love notes to some guys dressed up as fruit, thanking them for making such pretty underwear to prance around in. Damn it, women are stupid!” the cross-dresser laughed.

“Where did you see all this stuff?”

“Out in space. Ren helped me rig the computers so we could see them. He said it was just space junk from centuries ago and that people watched them on something called a TV,” the cross-dresser said matter-of-factly.

“Oh…”

“Yeah… it’s an eternal racket!”

“Eternal racket?”

“Yeah!! Thanks, Sui! That’s the word I was looking for!!”

“Oh good…” He smiled.

“Want to hear a really funny word?”

Suikotsu nodded.

“Wazzup!” Jakotsu collapsed into a giggle fit.

“Wazzup…?”

“Wazzup!!” the cross-dresser repeated.

“I don’t get it?” Suikotsu said as a puzzled frown creased his forehead.

“I don’t either… It was just a bunch of guys sitting around saying that. What’s really funny is when you say that to Ren. He gets so annoyed and gets this funny look on his face as he just can’t quite get the hang of frowning!!” Jakotsu giggled. “Then he calls me an eternal pain in the ass and the bane of his existence. I wish you could meet them. I think you would like them.”

“Yeah…?”

“Yeah… You know, Ban loves me so much I bet if I asked him, he’d let you come with us.”

Suikotsu nodded. “It would be nice as I have nowhere else to go, but I don’t know, Jak. I have a lot of problems…”

“Can’t be any worse than mine… I’m a cross-dressing homosexual. That must be so bad that they don’t even have a way to treat me, cuz they keep trying to convince me it’s not a mental disorder.”

“It’s not.”

“Yeah? How do you know that?”

“I was a doctor at one time before I became ill…”

“Oh… But that’s great! We need a doctor!! Now I know Ban’ll take you with me!”

“Yeah?”

“We could be friends forever! Just like I have an eternal love for my lil dumpling.” Jakotsu giggled.

“I hope so…”

“Me too…”

888

Author’s end note: Next up is “F” for “Father.”
Sign up to rate and review this story