Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Within Temptation

Within my Prologue

by darks00 3 reviews

WARNING: One of the main topics of this story is self-abuse. Not graphic, but plays a big part in the story. May be a sensitive topic to others. Delilah is now dating a new kid at the academy. N...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-23 - 646 words

1Exciting
Chapter 1: Within my Prologue

The Academy: 13:48, Julius' bedroom

It's been going on for a week. A whole week I've been in a living hell. It's been a week since Delilah began to date this new kid at the academy named Zack. Whenever Delilah and me aren't on a mission, she goes and hangs out with Zack. It's like she forgets about me until a mission. But even on the mission, all she talks about is Zack. Zack this, Zack that. I'm beginning to think that's the only word she knows.

How could someone she just met about three weeks ago steal her heart so quickly? I've been her friend for what, eleven years, flirting with her and she didn't get my signs or showed any interest in me. Why did I've been too chicken to ask her out? Now I'll never know if she would have been mine.

I guess I should be happy for her. I mean, I DO like her, and I DO want her to be happy. But I can't help but feel jealous. I could almost die when Zack kisses her in front of me, then smirks my way. I think he knows I like her. He never did like me after I beat him in fencing right in front of Delilah and embarrassed him. Maybe I just want to die. What's worth living?

My parents are dead. Delilah hardly notices me anymore. Sure, Al and Scarlett care about me, but...No, I can't explain it. I need people my age. My thoughts were introrupted when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called.

I was sort of excited. I was actually having someone who wanted to see me! Maybe it was Delilah! By my heart was crushed when it was Scarlett who came in.

"Julius, child, may I have a word with you?" She asked.

"Of course, Scarlett," I replied. "Have a seat."

"Thanks."

She sat beside me on the bed. "So, I've heard you've been acting strange lately, and I thought you might like a mother-like figure to talk to, Sug."

"...Who did you hear that from?"

Again, I hoped it was Delilah. Again, I was wrong.

"Well, don't tell her I told you this, or she'd kill me, but it was Ursula." Scarlett said with a smile.

"Ursula?" She would be the least one I'd expect to care about me.

Scarlett laughed. "Don't looked so surprised, Child. She's a good child at heart."

"I have no problems," I insisted.

"Ursula says you've been out of it lately..."

"No."

"She said you walked into a pole near the entrance of the academy for about the third time this week today."

"..." Nope. No response.

"It's about Delilah and Zack, isn't it, Sugar?"

I looked down, sighed, flinching at the name of Zack.

"I'm right, aren't I, child?" Scarlett said with a saticefied smile, "sensitive area, huh?"

"You really can read me like a book, Scarlett," I admitted.

"Honey, I've raised you since you were four. You're like a son to me. Heck, you ARE my son."

She pulled me into a hug. She didn't do that since I was like ten. But I didn't pull away. Even senventeen year olds need hugs once in awhile. She patted my back and embrassed me.

"Love can be cruel, Child," Scarlett told me, "but don't give up on her. Show her you still care about her."

"But she doesn't care about me anymore. And she belongs to Zack..."

"Sugar, no one owns Delilah. She owns herself. You can still win her back."

"I guess you're right. Thanks, Scarlett."

We broke from the hug.

"You're welcome. I'm always here if you need to talk, okay?"

Scarlett left, and shut the door behind her. Imagine that, Ursula being concerned about me. Maybe I could win Delilah back. Maybe...

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story