Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Six: The Warrior named Death

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

The shadowy figure is revealed to be a new Chosen, a ninja called Shi, who battles the OutWorld ninja Ermac. After the battle, Shao Khan allows for a recess for the Chosen where they adjourn to ...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-12-18 - Updated: 2005-12-19 - 1685 words

1Exciting
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHATER SUMMARY: The shadowy figure is revealed to be a new Chosen, a ninja called Shi, who battles the OutWorld ninja Ermac.
After the battle, Shao Khan allows for a recess for the Chosen where they adjourn to the Dining Hall and grab a quick bite to eat and they get to know each other better. In a hallway, Mileena, Jade, and the Guard Serenity healed earlier confront Kitana and Serenity.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
- -
-
-
-
CHAPTER SIX: THE WARRIOR NAMED DEATH -
-
-
-
The Chosen of Earth Realm were apprehensive and waiting for Khan to call out the next match up. With their nerves on edge, thy watched anxiously as the shadow priest handed another scroll to the dark Emperor.

"Shi and Ermac." Khan announced after reading the scroll.

A ninja garbed in black and red stepped into the arena, his blood red eyes searching for his opponent. This was Ermac, a being made from the five souls of OutWorld's greatest warriors and considered one of the most fierce and powerful of Shao Khan's elite.

"Shi? Who or what is that?" Jax demanded as he scanned the sidelines for the other warrior.

"Shi means death in Japanese." Scorpious murmured, his golden eyed darting around searching for the mysterious warrior.

"Death? Someone is callin' themselves 'Death'?" Johnny asked in astonishment.

The shadows beside the actor seemed to come alive as a ninja garbed completely in black emerged. The shadowy ninja stepped past the Chosen and into the arena. In the dim light they could see that part of the shadow ninja's uniform was a dark imperial purple, not black as originally thought. The two ninja began to restlessly circle one another, each searching for the others weaknesses. After they completed their respective evaluations, each lowered into their individual fighting stances, awaiting the order to...

"FIGHT!!" Shao Khan bellowed.

The shadowy ninja, which the Chosen now knew as 'Shi', back-flipped away from Ermac's opening sweep-kick attack. Shi gracefully landed on his feet and sprung forward, landing a high snap kick on Ermac's masked chin. The black and crimson-garbed ninja was sent staggering backwards as his opponent flipped forward, landing close to the reeling warrior of OutWorld. Sending a powerful elbow strike to the side of Ermac's head as he slammed a knee directly into the other ninja's lower abdomen, the shadowy ninja was swift in shoving the OutWorld Chosen back. Spinning suddenly, Shi delivered a spectacular roundhouse kick to his opponent's head. Ermac was sent sprawling onto the ground and lay there motionless.

"Finish him." Khan stated in disgust at his specially created warrior's failure.

Shi gingerly nudged the fallen ninja with his toe and received Ermac's foot in his gut for it. Grunting, Shi clutching his stomach as he stumbled backwards; Ermac moved his legs and like a spring, back on his feet, his eyes a smoldering crimson with rage. The dark-clad ninja lowered back into his fighting stance and blocked his opponent's low kick with his forearm, retaliating by his fist into Ermac's thigh and grasping the other ninja's leg, Shi swung the black and crimson-clad ninja around. After several quick spins, the shadowy ninja released his hold on and send the OutWorld ninja sailing across the arena.

Ermac hit a column with a sickening thud and slid down the cold marble lifelessly. Shi warily stalked over to Ermac and checked the fallen ninja's pulse; it was weak, but still there. Satisfied, the darkly-clad man gracefully rose to his feet and strode back to the center of the arena. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Khan. He was about to start tapping his sandaled foot impatiently when...

"...Shi wins." Khan stated, barely hiding his disappointment.

Shi smirked behind his mask and walked back into the shadows from whence he came.

"Whoa." Johnny said in awe, his jaw all but touching the floor. "I gotta know how he does that shadow trick..."

"A recess of a half hour is given so that the fighters may rest and recover," Khan announced before rising from his throne. The dark Emperor then stormed out of the arena.

The Chosen of Earth looked at one another and shrugged before they went back to the main hall to snack and rest.
-
-
-
-
-
Khan stormed into his quarters and threw a large chair across his sitting room. He stormed into his bedchamber and stared at the 'shrine' to Serenity-hime he had created. He reached up and gently stroked the cheek of a portrait done of the hime-sama before Beryl's attack. Khan's crimson eyes hardened. 'He's back. Damn him, he'll take her away from me. No one touches what is mine and lives. I thought Beryl had destroyed him...he must have been reborn with my Serenity.' Khan thought seething as he stared at the destroyed face of the man in the portrait with Serenity-hime.
-
-
-
-
-
"You're damaged." Sub-Zero said to Clarimond, and before he could reach the cyber's damaged shoulder, it swiftly stepped away.

"My internal systems have already begun repairs to the damage." Was the machine's monotone reply.

"Too bad my sister isn't here," Sabra said thoughtfully, "She's a genius with machines and could probably repair you easily."

"The damage is nominal and can easily be repaired by my internal systems." Clarimond said curtly before turning on its heel and exiting the main hall, only pausing to grab a pear and an apple.

"I think you annoyed it," Sabra murmured thoughtfully before smacking the back of Sub-Zero's head, "Good going, nimrod!"

Sub-Zero rubbed the back of his head and glared at Sabra evilly, "Just you wait, woman, when the time comes in this tournament, I'll beat your ass."

"You can try, /baka/, but you won't be successful." Sabra smirked, "Fire melts ice, you better remember that!"
-
-
-
-
-
'Children./ That's what they are. So young... I'm one to talk. By their standards, I'm barely an adult out of this armor...' Clarimond thought to itself as it bit into the pear it had taken from the dinning hall. 'It's hard to think of myself without the armor. Almost as though the helmet the world see is what my visage truly appears to be. What would I be without this armor? Some pathetic Human in all probability, either dead or living on the streets...but...some Humans aren't pathetic. Those I am to watch over are strong, even though they don't wear armor like mine.'/

The cyber straightened from the wall it had been leaning against and its helmet reformed around a head of short brown hair and the visor slid home over a pair of emotionless hazel-green eyes.
-
-
-
-
-
Serenity and Kitana walked down the corridor, each telling the other of what had occurred since the destruction of the Silver Millennium.

"...after the attack from my so-called Senshi of Mars, I decided that I had been through enough and was going to leave with Tranquility. When I returned to my foster parent's house, I saw the invitation to participate in the tournament and decided to accept it." Serenity said.

"I'm glad you did. It was nice having a friend in a high place during the Silver Millennium so I could lead the Resistance movement without too much worry about the consequences." Kitana chuckled, "That and it was like having another sister."

The two princesses continued to walk and talk until they were stopped by the sight of Mileena and Jade standing side by side on the opposing end of the corridor. Kitana and Serenity were about to lower into their respective battle stances when the guard Serenity had healed yesterday came into view.

"Its all clear. Better hurry though, the guard shift lasts for five minutes minimum," the Guard warned, "I'll stay on look out." The guard walked back to the end of the corridor, watching for those loyal to Khan.

"What are you two up to?" Kitana growled as she brought out her pair of /tessen/, ready to defend herself and Serenity.

Serenity placed a calming hand on Kitana's shoulders as she stared into Mileena's dark eyes. "I know what they are doing. You both wish to be free, don't you?"

"Yes." Jade whispered, "Freedom is all we wish. Freedom from Shao Khan and his..." The dark skinned woman shuddered slightly and her eyes filled with tears.

Serenity stepped over to Jade and pulled the crying woman into a hug. "All will be well. We will defeat Khan, I promise you."

"Thank you, Milady." Mileena said in relief with a bow.

"I think there is something I can help you with, Mileena." Serenity said with a twinkle in her sapphire blue eyes.

"Milady?" The clone asked hesitantly.

Serenity reached out and placed a hand on Mileena's shoulder and a silvery glow enveloped Kitana's clone. When the light vanished, Mileena pulled off her mask and touched her lower face. Her face was healed and almost exactly like Kitana's, with the exceptions of her skin tone being a shade darker, her hair with dark purplish-red highlights, and her mouth wider in shape. Tears trickled down Mileena's cheeks as she hugged Serenity and Jade.

Serenity pulled Kitana into the group hug and the four women cried and laughed joyously, brought together and strengthened by betrayal and hatred. Shi smiled in the shadows, pleased that something good would come of this ordeal...
Sign up to rate and review this story