Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Depression Found My Obsession

Its A Strange Way Of Saying That I Know Im Supposed To Love You

by thatgirlinthecorner 0 reviews

WOOT. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. WOO. CAPS LOCK=LOVE.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 1900 words - Complete

0Unrated
WOOOT! With ficwad being down i've had a lot of writing done. Thank God it's fixed. And I really dont think there's any violence in here but...i dunno, i feel like a liar if i dont put in at least ONE warning (they should like, seriously have one for language XD) But like you care about a writer's note.
Anyway...
-------------------------------------

ROXY'S POV

"He wont pick up his phone." I said.

"I'm sure he'll pick it up soon." Taylor said reassuringly. I sat down on the sofa and started to think.

The doorbell rang ten minutes later. I unlocked the door and answered it.

Pete stood in the doorway. He was sweating as the heat protested to him wearing a hoodie in the summer.

"Pete...hey." Was all I could get out. The butterflies raving inside my stomach were going to suffocate me.

"Uhm-this-" Pete laughed nervously and took my cell out of his hoodie pocket.

"Thank you." I gave him a hug. Why were things so awkward all of a sudden? Pete sighed.

"Let's go."

"What?" I said, taken off guard, still messing with my phone.

"Go somewhere, I don't know. A movie, a park, a long drive. Let's do something before I go on tour."

"Okay." I laughed. "Today?"

"Yes today." He grabbed my arm gently and pulled me into his car.

We drove through Chicago. Rainy, windy, Chicago. Pete kept giving me nervous looks.

"What?" I asked him, getting irritated.

"Nothing." I sighed and looked out the window. He continued to look at me.

"Stop that!"

"Stop what?"

"Giving me those looks!"

"What looks?" He said, I slapped him on the leg.

"Why are you doing that?!"

"You aren't scared..." He said quietly, looking at me. He turned his eyes back to the road.

"I-oh...I guess I just-trust you now."

"You've only been in a car with me twice. How do you know I wouldn't drive drunk or something?"

"Because you don't-you aren't stupid-"

"How do you know that?"

"Stop playing with my head."

He grinned.

"Sorry, it's fun."

PETE'S POV

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Six....thirty."

"Ok. Let's go see a movie."

I pulled into the theater parking lot. I walked her inside.

"We should eat first.."

"What? Popcorn?" She teased.

"There's a little cafe over there."

"Okay."

We sat down at a small booth. A short, blonde girl walked over to our table.

"Can I get you any drinks tonight?" She asked professionaly

"Coke is fine.." I said.

"Water's fine with me." Said Roxy politely. The waitress nodded.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes."

"So, what did you do today?" I asked her, wringing my hands under the table, I wish I had something to do with them.

"I went home with you, looked for my cell phone, and cleaned up a glass bowl.

"Fun-wait-glass-"

"Taylor dropped it."

"Oh." I stiffended at the sound of his name, she must have noticed.

"He apologized for calling you and-saying whatever he said to you. What-did he say?"

"I er-just that he wanted me to stay away from you-but I understand-"

"I guess the reason he does these things is just because.." She hesitated. "After I attempted suicide he's been scared.....scared he'll lose another sister..." I actually started to feel sympathy for Taylor, and shamed myself for almost hating him.

"Here..." She held out her wallet, I took it. "Open it." I did as she said. There was a picture of a girl with long black hair with bright red highlights and blue eyes. She looked so much like Roxy, just with thicker highlights, the ones Roxy had now weren't as noticable. I thought it could have been her three or four years ago. But then I thought.

"Is this-?"

"Yes." She said quietly. Her eyes went watery.

"I-I wish I could have met her..." I wanted to slap myself for saying that. I held back tears the best I could.

"She was only 17." My throat was tight, I swallowed, it hurt.

"I'm-I'm-so-sorry." I closed her wallet and handed it back to her. We sat in silence for a while until the waitress came over. We both ordered and she walked away.

"So what did you do today?" She asked, breaking our silence.

"I went back to my house, realized I had your cell, got a phone call from Taylor, and almost went out with Casey and Patrick." I started to laugh.

"What?"

"Casey realized I had your phone and pretty much forced me to bring it to you."

She laughed. There wasn't much more silence after that. We finished eating and I paid, with a bit of protest from Roxy, and went back into the theatre lobby.

"What looks good?"

"I don't know whatever you want to see."

"Nope. Ladies choice. I'll watch anything."

"Uhm..the new Will Ferral one looks good...but if you don't-"

"I love Will Ferral anyway, come on."

The movie was good. I almost put my arm around her and decided against it, I was already coming on too strong.

"Well that's nice.." Roxy whispered in my ear.

"What?" She pointed at a couple a few rows down making out. I laughed.

"Ha. Don't they know making out in movie theatres is soooo 3 years ago?" She giggled.

We walked out of the theatre laughing.

"Damn it's going to be a long drive to my house." I said.

"I'll keep you up."

"What time is it?"

"Time for you to get a fucking watch Wentz. Would you stop asking me that?"

"That's fine. I have-" I flipped open my sidekick and put it in her face-"A sidekick...it is....8:30." I put my sidekick back in my pocket.

"Fascinating." My pocket buzzed.

"That didn't last long." She laughed.

Stump'd: So..?

PETERPANda: I see u changed ur sn. so wat

Stump'd: how did it go

PETERPANda: it went

Stump'd: that doesnt answer my question

PETERPANda: we had hot sex and now shes preg happy?

Stump'd: lmao im serious. by the lack of an emo answer im guessing something happened

PETERPANda: nope just watched a movie

Stump'd: no kissing?

PETERPANda: not this time

Stump'd: dont scare her too much.

PETERPANda: i wont ttyl bye

"Who was that?" Asked Roxy, watching my sidekick. I had forgotten she was there. I jumped, hoping she hadn't read the whole conversation.

"Oh, sorry, Patrick."

"Those things have texting?" apparently she hadn't.

"Oh yeah. They're amazing."

"Maybe I should get one.." She laughed.

"Maybe you should."

We got in my car and my pocket buzzed again.

"Damn." I laughed.

darthjoe: r u going out 2night

PETERPANda: im with roxy

darthjoe: what r u doing

PETERPANda: i dont know yet.

darthjoe: theres a party at williams 2night

PETERPANda: we might stop by

darthjoe: txt if u can bye


I didn't really want to ask Roxy if she wanted to go or not. I was afraid of coming off rude.

"What now?" She asked grinning.

"Joe said William..er...William Beckett's having a party tonight, I don't think I'm going to go though.."

"From The Academy Is? Why not?"

"I don't want you to get bored around so many people you don't know.."

"I won't. Let's go."

"You sure?"

"Yes!"

"Okay..."

I texted Joe back and drove for Beckett's.

"Pete!" Yelled William as we approached his house. He looked at Roxy. "Who's the lady?"

"Uh William, this is my friend, Roxy."

"Nice to meet you." He said, shaking her hand.

"You too." Said Roxy shyly. We stayed for a while and talked and it started to get late.

"I think we're gonna head-"

"Alright-talk to you later Wentz, nice meeting you Roxy."

"Bye.."

I got in the car with Roxy and turned on the radio. Apparently I still had Enema Of The State in.

Don't leave me, all alone
just drop me, off at home
I'll be fine, it's not the first
just like last time but a little worse

"You like Blink?

"Of course I do. Seriously, one of the best bands ever. What about you?"

"My favorite band ever!"

I just bring her down I said don't let your future be
destroyed by my past, she said don't let my door hit your ass

I pretended to pout.

"What about Fall Out Boy?" She laughed.

"You guys are great...I just haven't heard enough of your stuff to judge that."

"Now, I'm a modest man but...." I took From Under The Cork Tree out from the back seat and removed Blink-182 from the CD player. "I want a fair judgement." She giggled and listened to the CD for a while before drifting off to sleep.

About 2/3 of the way home the car in front of us swerved. I pulled my car to the left to avoid getting hit.

"SHIT!"

Roxy woke up.

"What?!"

"Nothing.." The driver had already recovered and was driving straight again. I slowed down a little. They swerved to the left again. Roxy screamed. I drove right.

"Oh my God.." I could tell she was scared.

"Roxy it's okay..we're the next exit.."

"We're going to die."

"No we won't it's okay.." I took her hand and put it on my leg, squeezing it. I put my hand back to the wheel and she gripped my knee. The car swerved, turning all the way around, Roxy's screams filled my ears, I pulled the car to the right of the road, missing the ditch by inches. I turned back to the road and accelerated. Roxy was shaking. I grabbed her hand again and held it against my knee.

"Should we help them?" She asked tentiveley. I turned around and looked back. I saw flashing red and blue lights.

"No, the cops are back there."

"You sure?"

"Yes." I turned at our exit and drove down her street.

"Tired?" She asked, trying to change her mind off of what had just happened.

"Yeah..a little." I said. I pulled into her driveway and walked her to her door.

"Come in." She said.

"No I'm tired, I really should get home and sleep."

"You are tired. You're staying here tonight."

"Says who?"

"Says me. Whether it's on the couch or in my bed I'm not letting you back in that car."

"Sure?"

"Yes." She unlocked the door and walked inside, flipping on the light switch.

"I'm kind of tempted to sleep in your bed." I said, jokingly.

"You're hilarious. Couch for you." She hugged me and went into her room. I sat down on the couch and reflected on what happened tonight. She came out and laughed.

"Move." I got up and watched her pull out the bed part of the couch.

"Ahh I see." She walked back into her room and came back with blankets and pillows.

"Gah, do you have ANY blankets left over?"

"Yes. I've had two comforter sets since I've lived here." She made the bed.

"Er....thanks Roxy...."

"No problem." She kissed me on the cheek and went back into her room. Did she care about me? I undressed and crawled under the plaid sheets in my boxers. I smiled to myself and reflected some more.

---------------------------------

ok so, more notes.
theres another chapter or two in the works right now.
I've just had a lot of time to write lately.
so dont get used to it...=[
school starts aug. 15..
=[
and thanks for the reviews!
much love,
kaitlin.
Sign up to rate and review this story