Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

A New Beginning

by StarMadison 0 reviews

[AU] Was Naruto really all alone without anyone to care for him? He must have had someone to raise him at one time. He might not remember who but there was someone who cared what happened to him. S...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kakashi,Naruto,Yondaime - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 803 words

0Unrated
Usual disclaimers apply: Don't own any of these characters beyond Haya. She's mine and mine alone.

------------------------------------

A once proud village stands in mostly ruins; its huge wall collapsed in parts from the attack of the Kyuubi no Youko, which caused Konoha Village to lose hundreds of shinobi during the battle. Standing in the midst of rubble that stretches into the distance, is a young teen with braided hair reaching down to her knees. As the wind blows, her red bangs move yet the rest of her stays stock still as she just stays in place. The expression on her face is one of pure heartbreak, her clothing torn from the battle she was in earlier as she struggled to help her fellow ninjas in their life and death struggle against the fierce Kyuubi no Youko.

The twelve-year-old turns away from the hole that pierces the wall towards what remains of the village she calls her home and suddenly it dawns on her what she was forgetting. A slightly worried look flickers over the sad, heartbroken expression she still wears as she leaps into action. Her braid lashes out behind her as she sprints forward to a tall, tower-like building in the direct center of Konoha. She lands lightly on a roof then skids down the slanting angle to a balcony and hits it into a crouch before barreling into the candle-lit room.

Her footsteps are loud in the silent room where a tall, blonde man stands holding a cooing newborn. In the center of the room rests an altar of a kind surrounded by candles. Her brown eyes land on the much taller person as she frowns lightly. "Arashi…?" The concern grows as does the fear, something hammering inside of her as if she senses the death of this proud yet weakened man. "What are you doing with Naruto?" Her eyes land on the blonde child then flicker back up to the Fourth Hokage, her brother-in-law.

"Haya-chan…I need you to do something very important for me. The Kyuubi is not yet sealed but it will be soon and I have to seal it into Naruto. I won't ask another parent to give up their child for such a thing." He licks at his dry lips then places his son, his only child, down on the altar then starts to draw symbols on his stomach, the man not looking at his younger sister-in-law. "I want you to watch over Naruto, raise him if you can but keep him from harm. He has no one else. His mother is dead and I'm dying….." Regret seen heavily on his face as he finally meets the short redhead's sad gaze then shakes his head slightly. "Don't be sad. I have sacrificed myself for the good of the village, Haya-chan. I don't do this to my son lightly either, it pains me to destroy his chance at a normal life but there is no other way. Tell him…that his mother and I love him very, very much and we will never stop, no matter what." He looks back down at the infant then smiles sadly and leans forward to press a kiss to his son's forehead. "Rest well, my son. Even though you won't remember me, I love you. Your aunt will care for you well."

"Arashi….I promise. I won't let him grow up without someone to love him. He's my nephew, I couldn't turn my back on him. I'll raise him." She vows quietly to him as she steps back towards the wall, putting space between the Fourth and herself, watching the man she loves like a brother. He steps forward and his hands start to move slowly then he places his hand against the still damp seal on the child's stomach and light blazes in the small room, blinding all of them. Haya yelps as she turns away, throwing her arms up to try block the light then she lowers them as the light fades and blinks back tears. She rubs at her eyes as she squints, trying to see then through her blurred vision, sees Arashi slumped on the floor. "Arashi!"

She drops to her knees next to him and shakes him but the man's head just rolls to the side as tears form, sliding down her face to drip on his. "Arashi…." She swallows hard and very gently closes his eyes then rises and approaches her now bawling nephew. With very tender movements, she scoops him up and holds the newborn to her then turns to face the Third who just entered the room. "It's over, Hokage-sama…the Kyuubi has been sealed and the Fourth is dead." Somehow, she manages to keep her voice from cracking and nods to the man as she turns and leaves from the balcony. Her
Sign up to rate and review this story