Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Romance Is Dead

Chapter Twenty

by rainydaykid13 0 reviews

THEE END *sighs* Thank God.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-08-14 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 529 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hearing the door slam, Patrick quickly pulled away and turned around to face his daughter, who was eying the woman in the corner evilly.

"I, ah, well, don't you have, uh, homework or something, Ken?" he stumbled over every word.

Kendall quickly scooped her books back into her arms and looked from Addie back to Patrick, mumbling incoherently something about Addie coming back and wrecking everything as she walked up the stairs to her room.

Patrick stood stone still for a moment, before turning back to Addie and nervously with his hat, at a loss for words.

Thoughts swam through his head, and conflicting emotions raged throughout his body.

Finally, after an awkward few minutes he spoke.

"Addie," he began feebly,"I'm sorry."

She looked at him confusedly,"For what?"

"That shouldn't have happened."

"It's fine, I've really missed you," she offered a small smile.

"No, you don't understand, it really shouldn't have happened. You see, I've spent the last few weeks beating myself up over you, telling myself it's all my fault. But it really isn't my fault," he explained, opening the front door and ushering her out."It's yours. See, I don't need you. I've got a family here, and they're all I need. All you do is take, and I've got nothing left to give," he finished, slamming the door in her face as a triumphant "Yes!" sounded from somewhere upstairs.

He wasn't sure if he had really meant what he said, or if he wouldn't wake up tomorrow missing her, but there was no going back now.

It was really over.

- - -

Steam rose out of the strainer and Patrick turned the stove off, scooping spaghetti out onto five plates while Andy tossed another odd looking plant into the salad bowl and continued to toss it.

"Kendall, go get Pete and Joe," Patrick told his daughter, handing her the last plate to set on the table.

She nodded and walked to the foot of the stairs.

Cupping her hands around her mouth she shouted,"Pete! Joe! Dinner's ready!"

Kendall strolled casually back into the kitchen as Patrick shook his head,"I could have done that."

"Then why'd you make me?" she grinned, shrugging her shoulders and taking a seat in between Patrick and Andy as the other two raced into the kitchen.

"God, you have a big mouth," the bassist commented, sitting down across from Kendall, who simply smiled, poking more spaghetti into her mouth.

"Take a bite of your salad," Patrick reminded her.

He leaned back in his chair, sipping his drink and watching the others argue playfully about an episode of Family Guy, thinking back to earlier, what he had said to Addie.

And finally, he realized, looking around the table at his family, this was all he'd ever need.


Yes, yes, I know you're all thinking it. That was both a terrible ending, and yes, it was horrifically cliche. But this was a requested thing, and I just kinda gave up on it. I have to really get into it to actually do any good on anything, and obviously, I didn't do that here. But hey, reviews are totally welcome. :]
Sign up to rate and review this story