Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Flipped: A different Inuyasha story

Episode 4: Family Trouble

by animecrazedgirl 0 reviews

Here trouble comes along in the form of someone you might recognize...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome,Kikyo - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-15 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 4496 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Just so you guys know, only the first 5 chaps have been editted so the rest are the un-editted versions of how they were when I first wrote them. Now, enjoy.

------------------------------

Japanese Volcabulary:

hanyou: half demon

Te o furu-tsune: wave claws

Doryoku-Mamoru: power-protect

Yuryoku na zako: powerful treasure

Kaji tsume: Fire claw

Doku osou: Venom strike

Name

Korogi: Cricket

---------------------------

Disclaimer: If you really think I own the Inuyasha show or any of it's characters, then there must be something wrong with you. I don't own it and never will so you can't sue me! Ha!

---------------------------

Edited: July 9, 2007

A/N: Enjoy this hopefully better version....

---------------------------

Episode 4: Family Trouble

---------------------------

The afternoon was calm as the cool breeze ran through, disturbing the hair and clothing of a young woman of no more than eighteen.

She stood on a cliff edge, looking towards the mountains that lay far beyond. Long straight strands of ebony, trailed down her back swaying lightly in the breeze. Two forelocks rested in front of her pointed ears and her skin was almost as pale as the snow on the tops of the mountains before her. Her half closed eyes of dark brown were cold and emotionless, much like ice. Her mouth formed a thin line and sharp claws pointed the tips of each finger. In the middle of her forehead, between parted bangs, a red star rested, giving an almost eerie glow in the light of the setting sun. A dark blue stripe slashed each cheek to match the emblem on her forehead. A pinkish-red kimono top clothed her torso, a dark gray chest plate settled on top, a stripe of a lighter gray running along the top of said chest plate. Two pieces of long, flat, gray shoulder plates, settled on her shoulders, a line of silver rimming the edges, connected to the chest plate to complete the set of armor. Around her waist, a deep purple obi with swirls of blue was tied, two long strips of red cloth hanging down over the front and back of her legs. Underneath was a pair of deep violet, almost black skin tight pants tucked in to black mid-shin boots. Tucked in to her obi was a sword, a gentle white color creating the hilt, a cream white colored gem in the shape of a teardrop, embedded at the top, topped with a soft white tassle.

She stood there in the silence with only the noise of the wind when a deep gravely voice cried out.

"My lady! My lady!"

The woman did not move as the short demon ran towards her.

The demon looked similar to that of a lizard with yellowish-brown scales covering its body, but it walked on two legs and had opposable thumbs. It had beady black eyes with two slits for nostrils, air puffing out with each breath. It was clothed in a blue haori and black hakama with five fingered hands and four toed feet. In one hand, it had a strange wooden staff with a wooden snake sculpted on it to appear as if it were curving around the staff from the bottom until it ended in the snake's head at the top, eyes closed.

"My lady!" the demon cried again, rushing to the woman's side, panting.

"What is it, Tolkein?" she said in a soft, uncaring voice.

"My lady," Tolkein panted," I have news to tell you!"

"What news?" the demoness replied.

"That filthy half-breed, Kagome. . ." the lizard demon started.

The woman's eyes flashed dangerously as she hissed," Don't you dare speak that name around me."

Tolkein cried out in alarm and put his hands over his head before he got down to his knees, bowing. "I'm sorry, My lady! Forgive this unworthy leige of yours!"

Her eyes narrowed but she said," Get up, Tolkein. What about the half-breed?"

He stood and looked up at her form. "My lady, the half-breed has been set free from the spell binding her to the tree."

"Hm," the woman said, eyes narrowed," Is that so?" She turned around, and walked away from the cliff edge as she said," Tolkein, come. I think it's time we paid a little visit."

"Yes, My lady," he nodded, as he rushed up behind her.

-------------------------

It had been three days since Kagome had come back through the well and left Inuyasha in his time with his family. She now sat in the branch of a tree, mulling over her decision.

'I did the right thing giving him the time to spend with his family, right?' she thought.

'Of course! He ought to spend time with them while he has the chance,' a part of her spoke.

'Why should you have let him spend time with them? You never even got your chance! If you had to suffer why couldn't he have too!' interjected another part.

'That wouldn't be right! It's not his fault! He deserves to have the chance you never got!' cried the first.

'So what? He should suffer too!' growled the second.

'No,' Kagome thought, agreeing with the first. 'That wouldn't be right. I did the right thing.' She bent her right leg and rested her arms, laying her chin on top of them. 'Why Father? Mother? Why did you have to leave me?'

'Stop it,' the half demon scolded herself, angrily. 'There's no point in dwelling on it. It's in the past.'

'But. . . .' She placed a hand on her chest. 'It's so hard.' She laid her head back. 'I can't remember Father much anymore and I didn't even know mother. It's just not fair! She met mother. She even talked with her.' The black haired hanyou released a sigh. 'You don't know how lucky you are, Inuyasha.'

"Kagome? Are you okay?"

Kagome stiffened. 'I didn't sense anyone coming. Probably too wrapped up in the past but who is it?' She sniffed the air and relaxed, looking down.

Inuyasha stood at the base of the tree looking up at her, shouldering a black backpack with one hand, his other hand in his pocket. He was now wearing a blue t-shirt with white lettering that said: 'It's isn't that I'm not paying attention, I'm just ignoring you.' He also was clothed in baggy black jeans and blue sneakers.

"You back already?" she said, confused. "You've only been gone for three days."

"I think that was a pretty good amount of time. There's only so much of my family I can take, you know," Inuyasha said. "Could you come down? There's something else too."

Kagome glanced down at him and complied, dropping from the branches and onto the forest floor. "What is it?" she asked, standing again.

"Well," said Inuyasha," You know when you came and I told my mom I would visit every once in a while if it made her feel better?"

"Yeah," Kagome nodded. "So are you saying that you're going to go back every once in a while?"

"Well, yeah", he said," Pretty much."

"That's okay, I guess," Kagome replied," As long as it's not TOO often."

"Alright," said Inuyasha.

Suddenly, one of Kagome's dog ears twitched as if agitated. Then she shook her head and let out a growl of frustration. Finally, she reached a hand up and grabbed something with the claw of her thumb and forefinger, holding it in front of her face with a scowl.

"Did you have to chirp so loudly AND in my ear?" the half demon said, irritatedly.

Inuyasha stared at her, confused. "Who are-"

"My apologies, Mistress Kagome."

"Hm?" said Inuyasha, blinking and looking around. "Who said that?"

"Oh!" said Kagome. "I forgot! Inuyasha. . . this is Korogi." She pointed to her thumb and forefinger. Inuyasha looked closer and saw a small black cricket wtih white hair pulled up into a bun and wearing a four sleeved, yellow kimono top, complete with blue pants. Similar to a priestess outfit but in different colors.

"A cricket?" said Inuyasha. "Well. . . can't say her name doesn't suit her. I mean, since she's a cricket, she might as well be named that." He chuckled.

"Is that any way to respect your elders?" Korogi said, her eyes narrowed.

"Well," said Inuyasha. "That's how I treat my Obaa-chan."

"I'm apalled," the cricket demon said.

"Okay why are you here, Korogi?" said Kagome.

"I have news, Mistress Kagome," replied the cricket.

"What kind of news?" the female half demon asked. "And for the last time, stop calling me Mistress. It's just Kagome."

"Mistress Kagome!" said Korogi. "That would be disrespectful. Your mother was the great Lady of the Northern Lands, after all."

"Lady of the Northern Lands?" said Inuyasha, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes," said Korogi, proudly. "Mistress Kagome's mother was the great and powerful dog demon Lady of the North."

"Was?" questioned the white haired boy.

"Yes," the cricket repeated. "Unfortunately, she died a long time ago and Mistress Kagome's father. . . "

"Shut up!" said Kagome. "That's enough! Now why are you here?"

Inuyasha looked at her and seemed to see a flicker of sadness in the demon girl's eyes (maybe even a tear?) but it was gone quickly so he couldn't be too sure.

"I have news, Mistress Kagome," Korogi replied. "It's about your sister."

Kagome growled. "What about her?"

"Mistress Kagome," she said. "She is coming."

Kagome growled low in her throat. "Why? What does she want?"

"Mistress Kagome, she. . . " Korogi said, but suddenly, Kagome stiffened before turning around slowly.

"Kikyou," the hanyou girl growled.

"Who's Ki-" Inuyasha started.

"You senses have improved." The woman stepped out from the treeline with the small lizard demon by her side.

"A compliment. . . from you?" said Kagome with fake incredibility. "Hell must of finally froze over."

"Enough of this," Kikyou said. "I've only come to take what is mine."

"And what would that be?" Kagome asked. "In case you haven't noticed, I don't exactly have anything valuable."

"You possibly have more than you think. . . . . baby sister," Kikyou taunted.

"She's your sister?" said Inuyasha.

"Half sister," Kagome growled. "If she were my real sister, she'd either be a half demon or I'd be a full demon."

"Both of which are completely ridiculous," Kikyou said. She turned to the little lizard demon. "Tolkein, are you sure this is where to find it?"

"Just a moment, My lady," he replied. He took his staff and thumped it once on the ground. The snake head's eyelids lifted, revealing slitted, glowing, blood red orbs, as its mouth dropped open to emit a hissing noise. "The snake hissed, My lady. It is here."

Kikyou nodded and turned to Kagome. "I'll only ask once, baby sister. Where is the red diamond hidden?"

"What?" said Kagome.

"The red diamond," Kikyou repeated, slowly. "Where is it located?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Kagome.

Quickly, Kikyou ran towards her and held her by her throat. Kagome grasped her wrist and glared at her. "I'll ask again," said Kikyou. "Where is it?"

Kagome opened her mouth. . . .

"She said she doesn't know where it is! Put her down!" Inuyasha cried, charging towards the demoness with Doryoku-Mamoru in hand.

Kikyou didn't even turn her head as she shot him back with a small wave of red energy from her fingers, causing him to skid backwards along the ground. The corners of her mouth twitched into what might have been an smile as he slowly stuggled to stand up.

"A human, baby sister?" she said, almost amusedly. "How belittling. . . but then again, it's only fitting that you are in the company of the same race as that miserable father of yours. How did he like my Te o furu tsune? Perhaps he'd like to test my Doku osou, next?"

"Leave him out of this," Kagome growled. "He's not a part of this."

"Why baby sister," she said, eyes slightly amused. "He became a part of this when he attacked me." She turned to Inuyasha, with her claws extended and glowing red. "It's only right for me to return the favor."

"I'm the one you want!" Kagome snarled. "Fight me!"

"As you wish," Kikyou said, dropping Kagome and waiting for her to scramble up before swiping her claws and sending a small wave of red energy rushing towards her. Kagome quickly dodged it but not before it caught her shoulder, causing her to grit her teeth to hold back a cry of pain.

"Aw," said Kikyou, smirking slightly. "Did my baby sister hurt her shoulder?"

"Shut up," Kagome hissed.

"I'd like to see you make me," she replied.

"I'm happy to comply!" Kagome said, leaping towards her and swinging her arm, claws extended. "Kaji tsume!" Fire emerged from Kagome's claws as Kikyou leapt out of the way but not before striking the half demon with another wave of red energy, causing her younger sister to fly backwards but not before Kikyou saw a red glow emitting from her side.

Her eyes widened slightly. 'There it is. How could I have not seen it before?'

The demoness shot foreward, scratching the female hanyou with glowing green claws, as Kagome crashed to the ground from Kikyou's earlier attack. The demoness appeared above her younger sibling and looked down at her. Kagome was struggling to stay conscious even as she felt the deadly poison from her sister's claws spread through her veins with every beat of her heart. Each one sending sharp pain through her body, followed by a painful throb.

"Falling unconcious already?" Kikyou seemed amused. "You truly are a pathetic half-breed." As Kikyou reached down and dug her claws into Kagome's side, the half demon cried out, finally falling into the bliss that was unconsciousness.

------------------------------

There was darkness everywhere. Not even the slightest hint of light. Nothing. There was so much. It felt consuming, crushing her one moment, then, painfully empty the next, sending a pang of deep lonliness through her chest.

'Hm. Death by crushing or by lonliness? Hm... Let me think for a moment,' Kagome thought, sarcasticlly.

A sigh escaped her. 'Being crushed actually sounds better. Though, heaven knows I'm not unfamiliar with the latter, remembering how often I've felt that way... I've been alone so often.... but that doesn't mean I have to like it...'

Pain went through her as the darkness switched back to crushing mode before turning back to panfully empty.

A whimper was released from her throat.

'Why am I being tortured so? This is almost worse than what all those villagers have ever done. I've always been so hated... Except for Father.'

She blinked back tears, suddenly feeling like a little girl again. 'I miss you so much, Daddy. Why did you have to go? Why?...'

'Kagome...' said a masculine voice.

She jerked up, eyes wide, at the voice. 'Who-Who's there?'

'Aw... I feel hurt. You can't even remember the person who took care of you the first six years of your life?'

'Da.. Daddy?'

There was a chuckle as a man appeared in the darkness.

Shoulder length black hair was pulled up onto the top of his head in a short ponytail. Night blue eyes looked back at her, a grin curving his lips. A silk haori of night blue clothed his torso, matching his eyes, with hakama of black.

'Yes... and No.'

'Huh? What do you mean?'

'I mean, I am your father... but I'm only here because your imagination conjured me up. Just the way you remember me.'

'But... your wearing different clothes. Your wearing those clothes you sold when I was four...'

'Sacrifices had to be made...'

There was a pause before Kagome spoke again. 'So... you're just a figment of my imagination?'

'Mm-hm. Your mind reacted to what your heart was wishing at the moment.'

'Oh... So where am I, anyways?'

'Oh.. we're just floating around somewhere in your subconcious while your older sister digs around in your side...'

'WHAT?!?!?!'

'Yep. Kikyou's digging around in your right side right now, or so says your body and your pain center.'

'Well, then how do I wake up and stop her?!'

'Just wake up...'

'How?'

'Wake up... Kagome... wake up... wake up....'

"Kagome!"

----------------------

Kagome shot up to a sitting position, panting, a cold sweat coating her body. Inuyasha breathed a sigh of relief beside her. "I thought you'd never wake up."

Kagome turned to the white haired boy to see him battered up from Kikyou's wave claws, Korogi sitting on his shoulder.

"What's going on?" she questioned. "Where's Kikyou?"

Inuyasha pointed behind her. "She dug around in your side for a while until she pulled out this glowing red thing. Then, you woke up and she leapt away."

Kagome turned her head to see the demoness standing, holding her bloody hand above her, a red diamond between her claws

"Finally," said Kikyou. "I've found it. The one thing I've sought for, for so long... the hiding place to Mother's greatest treasure..." She narrowed her eyes. "...the Yuryoku na zako."

Kagome's eyes widened. 'Mother's greatest treasure?.... The Yuryoku na zako?.... She found that little thing in me?.... The hiding place?...'

"Now," the demoness said. "Only to open it and recieve the treasure inside..."

The demoness lowered her hand to look down at the small gem, now resting in her bloody palm. Lifting her other arm, she pricked her index finger with the claw on her thumb, allowing blood to bubble to the surface. Holding the finger over the diamond, she allowed a single drop onto the gem. It glowed dimly for a few moments, before absorbing it.

"Good. It has accepted the first offering, as expected," said Kikyou.

Then, the demoness brought her index finger to her bloody hand, to gather Kagome's blood onto it. Then, Kikyou repeated her action as she had done with her own blood, allowing a droplet to fall onto the gem. It glowed dimly once more, before absorbing it in.

"Hmph," said the black haired demoness. "Seems you have just enough of Mother's blood to be acceptable."

Once again, Kikyou punctured her index finger with the claws on her thumb but this time she placed her index finger to her thumb to allow her blood to rest there. Then, after the puncture wound closed up again, she took some blood from her bloodied hand before mixing the blood on her index finger.

"This is the only time you could ever hope to have your dirty blood mixed with the purity of my own," Kikyou told her younger sibling.

Kagome frowned as she glared at the demoness.

Finally, Kikyou repeated the last step for a third time, allowing the droplet to fall onto the gem. The diamond glowed dimly as it had before, but this time after absorbing the blood, it glowed much brighter.

The demoness held out her arm out before her, the gem now between her thumb and forefinger before slowly releasing it and backing away. But instead of falling as expected... it floated.

Four pairs of eyes widened, with the exception of Kikyou's own. The gem grew brighter and brighter, almost blinding... until a bright beam of red light shot up into the sky, up past the clouds. Slowly, the clouds above darkened, starting to swirl around the beam of light. The wind started to pick up, the beam growing larger as a red barrier crept around them, causing the world to now be viewed through a reddish haze. The wind blew hard around them, uneffected by the barrier. Finally, the beam stopped growing to become a large column of reddish haze. Slowly, something dark appeared to be coming down the column of haze from the sky above.

Four pairs of wide eyes and one calm, yet with hidden excitement, pair followed the shadow's descent, ignoring the wind whipping around them. Then, as the shadow finally reached its destination, pausing a few feet off the ground... the wind stopped. All was quiet. So very quiet. No bird cries. No animals. No rustling branches. No wind. Just silence. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath. Waiting... for what?... They weren't quite sure...

Finally, the haze cleared until it was only a light mist, revealing the shadow within.

A small smile twitched Kikyou's lips, her eyes staring with what almost seemed to be awe.

"This is it," she said, softly. "Mother's greatest treasure... Yuryoku na zako..."

"Just as beautiful as I remember," Korogi whispered, teary eyed.

Inuyasha stared, wide eyes in surprise.

Kagome stared up in shock, whispering," It's... a weapon?"

Hovering in the red mist, was a magnificent bow and arrow set. The bow was pure white, smooth, and finely crafted, with a fine black string. A red case, made with what appeared to be a sturdy material, held the arrows, with a black strap to hold it to their weilder's body. The arrows were made of polished brown wood, making them smooth to the touch and the arrows, looking of the same material as the bow, were thin, small, and sharp, the two former to help lessen wind resistance making them very swift.

Kagome continued to stare when she heard Korogi speak.

"I can't believe it," Korogi breathed. "It's the Yuryoku na zako, one of My Lady's greatest weapons."

"Just what makes it so great?" Inuyasha questioned. "Sure, it's pretty but isn't it just a bow and arrow set?"

The cricket demon turned to him, apalled. "How DARE you call the Yuryoku na zako JUST a bow and arrow set?!"

The boy leaned away from her in shock. "Whoa! Sorry! I didn't know! Geez..."

Korogi sighed. "I apologize. It's just that... Yuryoku na zako is FAR more that just a simple bow and arrow set. Oh... the power it holds... Magnificent..."

"So, just what IS so great about it?" Kagome asked. "I mean, being a demon weapon, it must have SOME kind of power."

"Quite right," Korogi nodded. "The material that created the weapon is in itself remarkable. The bow itself is made of your mother's own bone, though specifically where, was never revealed. The arrow heads are made of the same material. The string on the bow is made from your mother's own hair, meaning it is next to unbreakable, making it much stronger than your average bow string. The wood for the arrows is made from the wood from an ancient demon tree in a forest, not able to be found unless you already know where it is. And not many people know where it is. If that weren't enough, the case in which the arrows are carried are made from the hide of what had been an enemy in a battle a couple or so hundred years ago, a powerful dragon of the East."

"Okay, but what does is DO?" Kagome growled.

"I'm GETTING to that!" the cricket glared, before continuing. "Now as I was getting to, the weapon has MANY powers, though I don't have time to tell them all. Being mostly made from materials of your own mother's body, a powerful dog demoness AND Lady to the Northern Lands, the bow obviously has remarkable powers. For one, the arrows almost NEVER miss their intended target. The worst of archers could use them and they'd make the mark. Though, it only works on enemies almost as powerful or as powerful as the weilder. It's more difficult with more powerful enemies but it would still be a closer than without the weapon's power. Being made from the hide of a dragon, them being magical creatures and the dragon having been powerful in the first place, the case DOES have a power. No matter how many arrows you shoot, you will NEVER run out. Unless the magic of the case is damaged (not likely, being dragon magic), you will ALWAYS have a case full of arrows."

"Wow," said Inuyasha. "That's so cool!"

Korogi looked at him strangely. "I did not know that it would be thought of as cold."

"What?" said the boy. "Oh! I forgot you guys wouldn't know what that means yet. No. It means that I think it's amazing and wow and stuff like that..."

The cricket beamed. "Yes. It is an amazing thing, isn't it?"

"Have you three finished your mindless chatter over there?" Kikyou interrupted. "I would like my BABY sister to watch and see how a TRUE demon handles such a magnificent weapon and how a half breed can't."

Kagome glared and growled.

Inuyasha added his own glare but spoke. "Anyone can talk big, but can you ACT on it!"

The black haired demoness narrowed her eyes at the human. "Your dare question my abilities, Human?"

"Bring it on. I'm not scared of you," Inuyasha growled.

Kagome stared at him in disbelief. "Do you have a Death Wish or are you just really that stupid?"

The boy turned to glare at the half demon, saying sarcastically," Wow, Kagome. Thanks for having faith in me."

"I tire of you all," Kikyou said. "Once I have the Yuryoku na zako in my power, you will be ones first on my list to die."

Not waiting for a comeback, she lifted her hand and reached towards the mist. No sooner had her hand entered it when her hand started to glow, and the skin to sizzle. The demoness pulled back her hand, only the pink coloring showing that it had been burned.

Kikyou narrowed her eyes. "Hm... Well, isn't that interesting?"

"Mistress Kagome!" Korogi cried. "Kikyou was not able to touch the mist without it burning her! You mother did not mean for the weapon to go to your sister! She wished for Yuryoku na zako to go to you!"

Kagome's eyes widened. "T-to Me?"

"Yes!" the cricket demon nodded. "You must take it from the mist! It is meant to be yours!"

Kagome looked at Korogi in disbelief and uncertainty, almost as if she didn't quite believe the cricket's words.

"Come on, Kagome!" said Inuyasha. "You Mom wanted you to have that bow and arrow set so, you should be able to take it! It's yours!"

The half demon still didn't look sure.

"Think about it!" the white haired boy added. "You can rub it in Kikyou's face when you get it..."

Kagome thought for a moment before standing up, walking determinedly towards Yuryoku na zako.

"Baby Sisters shouldn't play with dangerous weapons," Kikyou said, as Kagome stood before the red mist in which the weapon was encased.

Kagome glared before turning back towards the mist. She stared a few moments before slowly reaching out towards Yuryoku na zako, her hand entering the mist...

--------------------------

A/N: There you go! It's a evil cliffy! I'm soooooo bad! giggle. Anyways! I hope you like this and i'll be waiting for your reviews! I hope this isn't too much like the real series! I really did try!
Sign up to rate and review this story