Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 7: Changes Happen

by patricksgirl84 3 reviews

Changes are about to happen

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-24 - 1991 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 7: Changes Happen

Destiny walked down the aisle. She wanted to see Patrick at the end, but knew he wouldn't be there. Josh was smiling. She smiled back at him, but felt sick inside. She finally got to the front. She barley heard the Pastor speaking the vows. She knew she said them. Before she knew it, she was married. And not to the man she wanted. After pictures were taken everyone went back to Josh's parents house for a little reception. Destiny was sitting in the living room talking with Patricia when Patricia cell phone went off. "Honey, you have to speak up. I can hardly hear you." She said into the phone. "Destiny, I have to take this outside." "Sure." Josh came over and sat next to her. "How are you doing?" "Alright. Seems like a dream though." "I know. My parents got us a hotel for a few nights. I hope that is alright." "Sure. It'll be nice."

Patricia came in with a worried look on her face. Destiny stood up. "What's wrong?" "It's the boys. They were in an accident. The van went off the side of the road." "Patrick? Is he alright?" "Yes, he's the one that called. He didn't want me to worry you. He has some scrapes, but otherwise fine." "Thank god." Josh got up and went to the kitchen. Patricia noticed that Destiny cared more for Patrick than her new husband. Destiny sat down holding her stomach. "Are you all right?" Patricia asked. "Yeah, just a little dizzy. It's been a busy day." "I'll get Josh to get you a glass of water." "Okay." Destiny sat by herself thinking of Patrick. She wanted to call him. She went into the hallway and got her cell phone from her purse and called Patrick.

"Hello?" "Patty, are you all right?" "Destiny, what are you doing calling me? It's your wedding day." "I wanted to make sure you were okay. I was worried about you." "I'm fine. How was it?" "It was nice. Small but nice. Thank you for the blanket. I love it." "I knew you would like it. Baby, uh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of called you that. I don't know what happened." "It's alright." "I have to go. I need to talk to the police about the accident. Have a nice honeymoon and I'll talk to you later." "Okay. Bye." She turned around and Josh was standing there. "Here's your water." "Josh, I needed to see how he was." "I know. Just not in my parents house. They might get curious of why their daughter in law is calling another man." "I'm sorry." "It's alright. Just be careful. I know you love him and I'm not planning on telling you to stop contacting him." He took her in his arms. "There you two are. It's time to cut the cake." Josh's mom said. "Okay, mom. We'll be right there."

Josh took Destiny's hand and they walked to the table with the cake. Destiny put on a smile. All she wanted was to be with Patrick. Before she knew it, it was time for her and Josh to leave. They went to the hotel and checked in. "Here is our room." Josh pulled out the key card and opened the door. "Here we go." "It's beautiful." "It is the honeymoon suite." Destiny laid on the bed. "I'm so tired." "You can have the bed and I'll sleep in the chair." "Josh, don't be silly. This bed is big enough for both of us." "You sure?" "Yes. I'm going to get into my nightgown." Destiny went to the bathroom to change and Josh changed into a t-shirt and kept his boxers on and got into bed.

Destiny came out and Josh noticed the bump a little more. "You are really starting to show." "Thanks. You know how to make a girl feel sexy." Josh laughed. "You should be proud that you are showing. You are going to have a baby soon." Destiny got in bed. "You miss him don't you?" "Yes, I do. I'm sorry Josh. I shouldn't even be thinking of Patrick." "No, you still love him and I understand that. Now get some rest." Destiny and Josh fell asleep.

~2 months later~

Destiny and Josh pulled in front of their home on the base in North Carolina. "How are you feeling?" "A little scared. I haven't been this far from home before. I'm missing my mom already." "It will be alright. She's coming down in a few months. Once you have the baby you will be busy with him or her." "You are right." They got out of the car and went into the home. Josh showed Destiny all around. "I like it." "Did you want your own room still?" "Yes, is that alright?" "Sure. I understand." "Thank you, Josh." Josh got a few of the guys to help with the furniture and boxes. After everything was in Destiny and Josh unpacked the boxes.

Destiny was in her room making her bed. "Destiny, do you want to go out for a pizza?" "Um, sure. Let me make my bed." "Here, let me help you." Josh went on the other side and helped Destiny make her bed. He noticed on the night stand that there was a picture of her and Patrick. "Josh, is everything alright?" "Yeah, just daydreaming I guess." After they made the bed they went out for pizza. Afterwards, they came home and Destiny went to bed. She looked over at the picture of Patrick and her. "Baby, I wish I could of told your daddy. I feel so bad. But Josh will be a good daddy to you. Maybe someday we will tell you about Patrick. I know he would of been a good daddy to you. It's just not the right time for him." She fell asleep rubbing her stomach.

The next morning Destiny unpacked some more. It was actually looking like a home. There was a knock on door. "Hi, my name is Marie and I live next door. I noticed yesterday that you and your husband moved in." "Yes we did. Why don't you come in." Marie came inside. "Oh here. I made you some cookies." "Thank you. Would you like something to drink?" "I'll just have some water." Destiny got two glasses of water and they sat in the living room. "Where are you from?" Marie asked. "Chicago. I really miss it." "I'm from Minneapolis. I know what you mean. The south is different." They laughed. "When are you due?" "May 30. I'm a little scared." "It will be alright. I just had my baby a month ago. A little girl. Her name is Hannah." "What a nice name. We don't know what we are having yet. We want to be surprised." "If you need anything just ask. I should get going. I left Brian alone with the baby. Oh, that's my husband." "Thanks for coming. It's nice to meet someone." "Sure. Here is my number if you ever need to call." "Thanks. Bye."

After Marie left the phone rang. "Hello?" "Hey Dest." "Patty. How did you get my number?" "From your mom. How are you doing?" "Okay. I miss home though." "You'll meet some friends. I know you." "I already did." "See. What did I tell you." "Are you home now?" "Yeah. Some of the dates got canceled. Guess what?" "What?" "I met someone." "Oh." "Well, aren't you going to ask me anything?" "Yes, I'm sorry. What's her name?" "Remember Becca from school?" "Yes." "It's her." "What? You have to be kidding me." "Destiny, stop it. She's not like she was in school when you were here. She has really grown up." "I hope so. Are you happy?" "Yes, I am." "That's all that matters." Tears were falling from Destiny's eyes. "I want to ask you something." "Sure." "Pete and I were talking and were wondering if we plus Tina and Becca could come down and visit you and Josh and the baby in June." "Um, I don't know." "Please. I want to see you." "Okay. You know I could never say no to you. Plus, I want to see Tina."

"Okay, we'll start planning now. How are you feeling?" "Big." Patrick laughed. "It's not something to laugh at." "I'm sorry. Forgive me." "Always. I miss you, Patty." "I miss you too." "Baby, are you ready to go." Destiny heard in the background. "Yeah, give me a sec." Patrick said to whoever it was and Destiny knew who it was. "Was that Becca?" "Yeah." "Oh, well I'll let you go." "You sure." "Yeah, you two have fun. I'll talk to you later." "Sure thing. Take care of yourself. Bye Dest." "Bye."

Destiny hung up the phone and went to her room and laid on the bed. She wanted to be with Patrick. "I'm sorry Patrick." She cried herself to sleep. A hour later she heard the front door. "Destiny, Destiny. Where are you?" Destiny got up and went to the living room. "I'm right here. Why are you yelling?" "Come here. I have some news." Destiny sat on the couch with Josh. "What is it?" "I have to go to Iraq." "What? No. I can't lose you too." She started crying. "Hey, you aren't going to lose me." He took her into his arms. "When do you leave?" "Next week. I'm sorry, Destiny." "No, it's alright. I understand. Please be careful." "I will. Do you think your mom could come down when you have the baby?" "I'm sure she will." "I already talked to my parents. They are going to come down at the end of May for a few weeks. Is that alright?" "Sure." They sat there holding each other.

~One week later~

"Destiny, I'm ready to leave." Destiny came out of her room. "Here, I got you this." She handed Josh a little box. "What is it?" "Open it silly." He opened the box. Inside was a little green bootie. "Since we don't know what the baby is I thought I would get green. Just a little something to remember us." "I could never forget you two." He hugged her. Destiny looked up at Josh and gave him a kiss. They hadn't kissed since their wedding. "Please take care of yourself. I want to see you again." "You will. Bye Destiny." She watched Josh walk down the walkway.

Destiny went and cleaned up the kitchen. She needed to keep herself busy. There was a knock on the door. She went to the door. "Hi Marie. Did Brian get off alright?" "Yeah, I need a favor. My mom is coming and I need to go to the airport. The babysitter canceled. Could you watch Hannah for me. I promise the first time you need a babysitter I'll be here for you." "Sure thing. I would love to." "Okay. You can watch her here if you want." "You sure." "Yeah, she mostly sleeps. I have three bottles, diapers and wipes. That should cover her for awhile. We are just coming straight home. Here is my cell number if you need anything." "I'm sure I won't." Marie handed Hannah to Destiny. "Take care sweetie. Mommy will be back with grandma. Marie kissed Hannah and left.

"Hi, how are you?" Hannah looked up at Destiny. "You know I have never been around babies much. Please be patient with me. I'm going to have one soon and I'm scared to death." Destiny walked to the couch and sat down with Hannah. "I bet your daddy already misses you. My baby won't know his or her real daddy. I made a stupid mistake and now my baby will pay for it. You don't want to hear that I'm sure." Hannah's eyes started to close so Destiny put her in the carrier and covered her up with a blanket. Destiny looked at Hannah and wondered if she would be a good mother.
Sign up to rate and review this story