Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Boys Like You are Overrated

Reinventing the Wheel to Run Myself Over

by diehard 0 reviews

Bad Patrick. Stupid Patrick. Shame on you.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 1399 words - Complete

0Unrated


~Patrick's POV~

That night when everyone else was asleep, I decided to do some thinking. Jenna obviously didn't feel the same way for me as I did for her. It sucked, but what could I do? I decided I needed something-or someone-to help me get over her. I thought for a while and decided I knew just the person. Kara was my friend in High School and we had stayed friends long after graduation. I knew she liked me but it had never been talked about between us. She had accepted that I saw us as friends.

Kara was the perfect person for this. We were close and Ihad always known that if I could ever force myself to have feelings for someone, it would be her. Hey, who knows? That might be because I actually dohave feelings for her. There was only one way to find out.

I laid in my sleeping bag for the next couple hours and when it was 7:30, I slipped out of bed and out the door.



~Normal POV~

I sighed sleepily and rolled over to look at my clock. 8:49 glowed back at me. I should sleep more. But of course, I was awake and Iknew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. No one else could possibly be up at this hour after the night we had so I took the opportunity to stay snuggled in my warm bed. My thoughts turned to Patrick and I sighed. I decided to tell him today. I smiled when I thought of the fact that I didn't have to worry about his feelings. It had been a long time since I had been able to tell a guy I liked him and not worry about if he felt the same.

After just laying there for a while, I looked at the clock again. It said 9:21. I groaned. Might as well just get up. I reluctantly threw off my comforter and quietly padded out to the living room. Pete had somehow unzipped his sleeping bag and was lying sprawled out several feet from it while Joe was snoring with his mouth open and one arm flung over his face. Andy was tucked neatly inside his sleeping bag. I smiled and turned my gaze towards Patrick. Or, I would have if he had been there. Dammit. Oh well. I'll talk to him when he gets back. One by one, I tried to wake the boys up. Andy opened his eyes and smiled sleepily at me, but Joe and Pete were different stories. I poked Joe in the side and the arm he had had over his face collided with my stomach. I let out a breath of air and whacked him back. "Joe. Get your lazy ass out of bed."He closed his eyes tighter. Pete flat out refused to get up so I decided to leave them for Jess to deal with. She was more patient anyway./ /

I got my phone and selected Patrick's number. He didn't pick up so I left him a voicemail. "Patrick, it's Jenna. I got up and you weren't here so I was just wondering where you went. Call me back when you get this. Bye."

I busied myself with making breakfast and the smell got Joe up. "Jess!" I yelled.

"Yeah?" Haha. I knew she was awake.

"Come get Pete out of bed. If I do it, I'll end up hurting him."

A rather tousled-looking Jess came to her doorway. She gave me a bored look and walked over to Pete. "Peter, if you don't get up, I'll tickle you." I laughed.

"Tickle? Geez Jess that's a good threat."

"I'd like to see you try." Mumbled Pete.

Jess sat down on the floor beside him and placed her hands on his side. She didn't even move them before he jumped up. He shot Jess ascared look and ran into the bathroom.

"Wow." I laughed. "Can I borrow your brain someday?" She shook her head and walked back into her bedroom.



~Patrick's POV~

I arrived at Kara's house after making a stop at my own place to shower and change clothes. She answered the door and a big smile came to her pretty face. "Patrick! Hi! I wasn't expecting you. Come in."

I walked into her familiar house and smiled. Maybe this will work out after all. Kara poked her head in. "Do you want anything? Breakfast?"

"No thanks." I replied. "I came to talk to you about something."

A worried look came to her face. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah." I said quickly. She came to sit down on the couch opposite me and gave me a quizzical look. "Kara," I began, "We've been friends for a long time."

She grinned. "Since 10th grade."

"Right. Well, I was wondering... would you like to be... more than friends with me?" I couldn't believe I had actually said it.

Her eyes went wide. "A-are you serious?" She said incredulously.

All I could do was nod. "I figured I'd ask you now since we're going on tour soon. Maybe you could come with us."

I swear I've never seen someone smile as big as she did when I said that. "So, you're asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"Yep." I replied cheerfully. I was becoming used to this idea.

Kara got up off the couch and came to hug me. "Of course. I'd love to be your girlfriend."

"I'm glad." I replied sincerely. Kara was beautiful and funny and had always been there for me. "I have to go though. I've got to go get the guys from Jenna's house somewhere. Maybe we can get together later today."

"Ok." She said happily. She walked me to the door and I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. She beamed. "Bye Patrick."

"Bye Kara."



~Normal POV~

Patrick walked in the door just as I was putting the pancakes I had made onto plates. "Hey! Did you get my voicemail?" He looked down at his phone.

"Oh. Nope I haven't checked it yet."

"It's fine. I was just asking where you were."

He got a nervous look on his face and said quickly,"Nowhere. I just went out."

I shrugged. "Breakfast!" I yelled. Pete came running out of the bathroom with eyeliner on one eye. "Food!" He cried jubilantly. Jess, Joe and Andy got up from their places on the living room couch and ambled over to the table. We all sat down and started to eat.

"So Patrick," Joe said. "What are we doing today?"

Patrick looked like he was fighting with his conscience over something. Finally he said, "I don't know what you're doing but I'm hanging out with my girlfriend."

I choked on a piece of pancake. /What did he just say?/Jess patted me on the back and threw me a discreetly sympathetic look. After Ihad dislodged the food from my windpipe, I looked at Patrick and intelligently said, "What girlfriend?"

Andy, who had been watching me choke with a worried look on his face, said "Yeah. What girlfriend?"

Patrick looked down at his plate before mumbling "Kara."

It was Pete's turn to choke. After he had recovered, he stared at Patrick. "Kara? KARA? Are we thinking about the same Kara here?"

Patrick shrugged. "I only know one Kara." I now officially hate the name Kara. Remind me to never name my child that. "I asked her out this morning." So that's where he was. This is wrong on so many levels.

I suddenly lost my appetite so I took my plate to the sink and obsessively started washing dishes. Jess came in. "You ok?"

"Do I look ok?"

"Point taken. I'm sorry. I don't know what he was thinking."

"I do. I bet he got tired of waiting around for me."

Jess patted me on the shoulder. "It'll be ok. I bet they won't last long."

For once, I was glad that Jess was almost always right. Ilet out a breath. "I hope so."

Pete stuck his head in the door. "Um... It's probably best if we go. I'll talk to him, ok Jenna?" Pete knows about this? "Sorry but we all know about this whole situation. It's just a little obvious." I am surrounded by mind readers.

"Ok. Whatever." I said, trying to appear indifferent. I knew I'd by crying into Jess's shoulder when they were gone.

Sign up to rate and review this story