Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Boys Like You are Overrated

Loaded Words and Loaded Friends

by diehard 0 reviews

The boys leave on tour and Patrick gets a well-deserved verbal berating from Pete.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 989 words - Complete

0Unrated


~Pete's POV~

We left Jenna's house and got into my car silently. As soon as the doors were closed, I turned to Patrick. "Are you ok? You're not mental or anything, are you? Because I've seen you do some stupid stuff but I really never thought that you'd ask Kara of all people out. Especially when you have someone as good as Jenna."

He raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me? I never had Jenna. I realized that things were never gonna happen with her so you know what? I just gave up."

It took every ounce of restraint I had not to tell him that Jenna was crazy for him. If she wanted him to know, she should be the one to tell him. Instead I looked at him and said as clearly as possible, "You. Are. An. Idiot."

Apparently, this didn't faze him because he shrugged and faced forward. "This way, no one gets hurt."

Yeah. No one except for everyone.

I dropped Andy and Joe off at their houses and reluctantly drove Patrick to go see Kara. "Bye Pete." He tried as he got out of the car.

The childish kid in me was giving him the silent treatment so I just drove off.



~Normal POV~

3 weeks passed and we were all outside Patrick's house getting ready to go on tour. Well, the guys were getting ready. Jess and I were just helping them load stuff into the busses. A car pulled up and Kara hopped out. I groaned. I had forgotten she was going with them. She went and planted akiss on Patrick's lips. I had to keep myself from gagging.

"Ok. We're all ready." Andy said cheerfully. Right on cue, tears pricked my eyes. I'm such a baby.

"Aw, it's ok." Joe said coming over to me and giving me ahug. "We'll be back before you know it." I hung onto him as if it were the last time I would see him, but reluctantly let go when he told me I was crushing his spine. He hesitated before hugging Jess. "You won't squeeze as tight as her will you?"

She grinned. "Nah. Jenna's just over-emotional."

I gave Andy and Pete hugs before walking over to Patrick."Your girlfriend won't mind if I hug you right?" Kara was inside the house.

"Nope." He pulled me into a hug and I tried not to think about the fact that I wouldn't see him for 3 months.

Patrick reluctantly let go of me and climbed on the bus. Andy and Kara, who had come out of the house, joined him while Pete and Joe got on their bus. Kara waved cheerfully to us and we flipped her offwaved back like the nice girls we are. Jess and I stood on the sidewalk waving as we watched the huge busses start rolling down the street and out of sight.

I sighed. It felt like they had already been gone a month.





~Pete's POV~

I'm pretty sure I can speak for everybody when I say that tour was going horribly. Don't get me wrong, the shows were great but Patrick was a million miles away. All of us already knew Kara from when the band first formed, but we all agreed that it was weird to see her and Patrick sitting on the couch making out. It was even worse because we all knew that when he kissed Kara, Patrick was closing his eyes to pretend it was Jenna.

I was sitting on my bus, pondering all of this when the door opened and Patrick climbed in. "Don't you have your own bus?" I joked.

"Excuse me for wanting to talk to my best friend." He grinned.

"Ok. I'm here, you're here, let's talk compadre." I had afeeling this was about a girl. Which one, I didn't know yet.

"Well, I wanted to ask you what to get Kara for her birthday."

/That one. /I could feel the frustration rising. Frankly, I was sick of Patrick trying to convince himself he liked Kara. "I don't know." I said shortly.

"Oh come on, you're the most feminine guy I know." He said, apparently trying to get a laugh out of me.

Not gonna work, buddy. "Well, I honestly think you should just break up with her and be done with it."

His face fell and I felt a slight twinge of guilt. But only a slight one. "Are you seriously still upset that I'm with her? God, it's been almost 3 months."

"I wouldn't be upset if you were the least bit happy, but in case you missed it or something, you're miserable."

He narrowed his eyes. "Oh excuse me. I'm sorry that Idecided to find a girlfriend after the girl I liked obviously just wanted to be friends. I'm sorry that I just so happened to turn to one of my closest friends and that we actually make a good couple."

Any guilt I had felt was rapidly dissipating.

"I don't know Pete," He continued. "It sounds to me like you're just jealous that I can actually keep a relationship."

Ok, you know what? Forget all my vows to have Jenna tell him how she feels. This boy needs some sense knocked into him. "Well too bad YOU'RE too blind to notice that Jenna likes you and was going to tell you that morning until you ruined it by telling everyone about Kara." There. Isaid it.

To say that he looked surprised would have been a comical understatement. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, reminding me of afish with sideburns. Finally he spoke. "Really?" He said timidly.

I sighed loudly and said "Everyone knew it but you."

"Oh." He said in a very small voice. "Uh... I'm gonna go now."He quickly stood up and left. I looked out the window and saw him walking onto his and Andy's bus. I shook my head. Maybe he gets it now.



Sign up to rate and review this story