Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

and the time we have is not enough [ONE-SHOT]

by makemescream 6 reviews

Drama, love, blood and tears. It's the average My Chemical Romance story isn't it? [ONE-SHOT]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 2944 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Alright then. This is my first MCR story and I really hope you like it.
And yes. The writing's in italics are flashbacks.
xox

__________

”If you die, then I’ll die too” I whispered as I held him close to me. “Don’t leave me, just please don’t leave me” I stroked his hair from his eyes and then wiped away some blood that had stained his cheek. I tried to take deep breaths but the sight of him laying there, completely still and barely not breathing broke my heart. “You promised me that! You promised me that you and I would be together forever, hun” I sucked in some fresh air and held my breath for a while, before slowly exhaling. “Together forever sounds pretty lame now, huh?” I said as I continued stroking his hair, combing my fingers through it. “I still remember the first time we met, you know?” I looked around me and was met by containers, containers and more containers. I didn’t exactly know where we were, but I knew that we were in some alley in an industrial estate and then I looked back down on him. “You accidently ran into me, you remember?” I brushed my thumb over his left eyebrow and shifted position so that I was sitting indian style with him in my arms. “You almost ran me over, but instead you just bumped into my shoulder as I quickly moved out of your way.. but yeah, that really didn’t stop me from falling” I said with a laugh.

”Oh shit! I’m so sorry” The guy exclaimed as he helped me up from the ground.
”Hah, no problems dude” I said with a crooked smile “Just got the wind blown out of me for a minute there, but hey! I am alive” He started laughing and we stood there for ages, just talking.. And he seemed to have forgot the urgent place he was rushing to.


“We exchanged phonenumbers then” I sighed and closed my eyes for a second before forcing them open again. “And then you called me the next day. I didn’t expect that, you know. I just thought that us talking was a one time thing, but then you called. And I was so happy” I looked down on him and my eyes filled with tears “I don’t want you to go, hun. Don’t go”
I let the tears run and buried my face against his chest. I took a deep breath and with that I felt the scent of him, which just made me cry harder. I didn’t want this to be the last time that I would feel his smell. I wanted us to last forever. But this made that seem inpossible.

“Hey babe, I’m home!” He called as he opened the front door and stepped in. He took off his shoes and jacket and then went in to the livingroom.
“Aw, hey you” I said as I came into the room.
”Hey” he said with a smile smile as he pulled me into his chest and locked his arms around me. “You have no idea how much I’ve missed you” he whispered whilst he buried his face in the crook of my neck.
”I kinda do, moron” I laughed “I’ve been missing you to”
”So sweet” he said smiling “But I’ve definatley missed you more”
”Oh shut up” I shook my head and gave him a quick kiss “I’ve got food for you”
He smiled that goofy smile of his and said “Ah! You know the way to a mans heart, don’t you babe?”


He’d been gone a lot lately. But I knew that he had to, it was his work, his passion and I wouldn’t stop him from it. Even though he was gone longer and longer, I still knew that the time he would be home would increase in length too. So I was happy. And he was happy. That was all that mattered. But still... I missed him so incredible much and it hurt sometimes when I was all alone in our apartment. The phonecalls often came at unchristly hours and even though I was dead tired, I still talked to him for as long as he had free time on his hand.

This time he’d only been home for three days. He’d only been home for 72 hours and then this happen. It’s not fair. He’s been gone for five months and I only get three days with him?
”It’s not fair” I whisper. I looked at him and stroked his cheek gently. Shortly after that I stroked his lower lip and then I felt him move. “Hey” I whispered “Hey, hey, hunny come on” I felt hope rising and my eyes teared up again. And then his eyelids fluttered and all of a sudden he was looking at me. “Baby” I whispered again “Hey you” I smiled a faint smile.
”Are you okay?” He whispered back and took a hold of my hand. All I could do was nod. “I love you” I said and kissed him “You know that right? I love you” Now it was his turn to smile “I love you too” I exhaled a shaky breath and let some tears escape my eyes.
”They’re here soon hun, the paramedics, you’ll be alright, ok?” He just looked at me and then closed his eyes again. “I don’t think I’ll..”
”You don’t think you what?” I whispered fiercly as I felt his grip on my hand loosening up “Don’t you dare leave me”
He smiled as he shook his head “You are still stubborn, aren’t you?”
”Yes I am, and I am not letting you go!” I leaned down and put my forehead against his. “I can’t make it on my own. You’re the air I breathe, you are my sun, you’re my life” I closed my eyes and I felt him shifting again. “You’ll live without me Lex. You know you will” He whispered back after a while and I could hear the pain strain his voice. “I’ll miss you though” He whispered “I’ll miss you terribly, I’ll miss you more than I do when I’m on the road with the guys” I opened my eyes just to meet his and I saw the tears falling.
”Don’t cry” I said and wiped away his tears “Please don’t”
”You know that they’ll be too late” His breathing started to get more shallow, like it would hurt him if he drew a deep breath. And then he started sweating.
”Don’t do this to me! Just hang on until the paramedics get here, just please hang on”

“When are you coming home?” I asked as I sat down on the worn out leather couch. I shifted the phone from my left ear to my right.
”Uhm, the 25th, I think” He said “But we’ve got a show in N.Y next tuesday.. you wanna come?” A couple of seconds of silence followed.
”Are you serious? Of course I’m coming!” I half screamed. “What did you think, that I’d say no?” He laughed quietly “Well I didn’t know. Maybe you’re loving it to be on your own or something..”
”You’re crazy babe, you know that, huh? I shook my head and changed my position on the couch “But I love you no matter how crazy you are”
“Aw, that’s good to know, ‘cause I love you too sweetheart” He said and I could sense that he was smiling “Well, I’ll get you tickets and ..”
”HEY! Stop being all mushypushy and get some clothes on dude! We’ve got soundcheck in like .. 45 minutes”
I started laughing as soon as I recognized Bob’s voice “So you better go then?”
”Yeah” He laughed too “I miss you, can’t wait to see you again babe”
”Me too” I whispererd “Call me as soon as possible though, you promise?”
”I promise”


Time flew by and it was dark out now. I’d lost track of time and I didn’t really know how long it had been since I called 911 and they said that an ambulance would be with us in 20 minutes. I was still doing what that lady told me to do, I was keeping pressure on his chest wound. I had pulled my sweatshirt off and put it on the wound to stop the bleeding. But somehow it just kept bleeding and I could see, minute for minute, how the color drained from his face. And I felt how he kept getting colder and colder. “Don’t die, please baby, just don’t die” I pressed down on the wound some more and I heard him wincing. “I’m sorry, so sorry”
He shook his head and then he lifted it a bit up and I understood that he wanted me to place my arm under his neck. So I did that and when he relaxed again I pulled him up a bit so that he was closer to my chest. “I won’t let you go, ok? You are not going without a fight, you hear me?”

”What do you want to do today?” He asked me whilst wrapping his arms around my waist.
”Stay in?” I said with a seductive smile as I turned around to face him.
”Oh” He said as he looked down on me and met my eyes “I kinda like that idea” he said a couple of seconds later with a smug grin placed on his lips.
”You do, huh?”
”Well yes” And with that he leaned down and captured my lips with his. He pushed me against the kitchen wall and let his hands wander down to the end of my t-shirt. He kept them there for a while. Then he started to stroke my stomache and his hand suddenly traveled upwards again, but this time under my shirt. I moaned into the kiss and let my hands slide up to his neck. “We should really do something more effective, don’t you think?” He whispered.
”I kinda.. oh .. uhm, I find this quite.. oh shit.. effective” I sighed and he just laughed. I think that he liked seeing of much he could affect me with just one kiss and some strokes, that ass.
”I know you do, hun” I could feel him smirking “But what do you say about coninuing this .. uhm, somewhere more comfortable?”
And at that point, all I could do was to nod.


“It’s not that I’ll be gone forever. We’ll be together again sooner than you expect” He whispered and woke me from my thoughts.
”Don’t say that” The fear spread within me like a fire, grabbing a hold of me. I didn’t like the fact that he’d seemed to have accepted the fact that he would maybe not make it through. That he’d accepted the thought of leaving me here, alone. “Don’t you dare say that!” I said angrily. He just looked at me before closing his eyes again. “I can’t live without you and you bloody well know that!”
”I just.. Alexandra.. it hurts and I..” He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.
”I know it hurts, I know, I know, but they’ll be here soon” I gave him a light kiss on his forehead.
”They won’t” He said as he took a hold of my right hand. “And you know that, baby. You know that”
”No” I shook my head “They’ll come soon and you’ll be alright and we’ll go back to things as they were before all of this!” I had started shaking and soon I was sobbing uncontrollably “I won’t let you fucking die!” I took some deep breaths before continuing “I just won’t”

It was late fall now and the temperature kept getting colder and colder. I was sitting outside smoking, waiting for him to come home. I knew that he would start nagging about me smoking, but hey! I liked it. But still .. I would always stop smoking when he was home, so I took one last drag of the cigarette before putting it out and I grabbed a chewing gum, trying to get the taste of the cigarette to disappear before he’d come. Time flew by and I didn’t exactly know how long I’d been sitting outside, but I was starting to get cold. It was damn chilly outside so I ran up the stairs, to our apartment to grab a hoodie before heading down again. Maybe 45 minutes later I heard the familiar sound of an old beaten up car. A smile appeard and I slowly rose from my place on the bench outside the apartment building. The car pulled up on the sidewalk and screeched to a stop.
It had been three months without him and now that I watched him as he stepped out of the car grabbing his bags with him, I couldn’t believe that he was really here. I waved at another familiar shape in the car and he waved back with a small smile before driving away. I stood still waiting for him to pick his bags and get over to where I was standing. But I soon found that standing still when the love of my life was just a couple of meters away, was very hard. So I screwed that and ran into his arms instead. I flung my arms around his neck and he put his arms around my waist and huged me tight. I heard how he inhaled my scent and I just buried mu face into the crook of his neck and did the same.
”Fuck, I’ve missed you!” He said whilst he tightened his hold on me.
”And I missed you too” I softly said and gave him a kiss.
And with that, the first snow of the year started to fall.


“I want you to promise me that you wont do anything stupid Lex” He said with a shaky voice.
He was starting to get very cold and even I began to shiver just by holding him in my arms. “Please don’t say stuff like that” I whispered.
”I want you to promise me” He whispered back fiercly.
”I .. please don’t..” I stammered and looked away from his gaze.
”Promise!”
“Alright.. alright, I promise you that hun, I promise you with all my heart”
”Yeah. Good.. And will you tell the guys..”
”I won’t! Listen to me, look at my lips, I WON’T” More tears ran down my cheeks as I started to breath heavily. “Don’t do this to me” He closed his eyes and tightened his hold of my hand. After a few seconds he laced our fingers together instead.
”I will always love you. Always. And even though I’m not here in person .. I’ll always be with you in here” He said as he pointed towards my heart.
”Do.. don’t..” I whispered through my sobs “I can’t take it”
”You need to lis.. li.. listen to me hunny. Listen to m... me” I could hear how hard he forced himself to open his mouth and form words. “You and I.. we.. we won’t be apart for long. You hear.. m.. me? Time will go fast, I pro... I promise and then we’ll be together again, I promise you th... t.. that” I nodded slowly and rose one of my arms up so I could dry my tears on the end of my t-shirt sleeve. I could hear the ambulance’s siren and I knew that they would be here soon. “They’re coming now, you hear them baby? You will be alright”
”And then.. Ple.. please, please tell the guys t.. tha.. that I do not wa.. wan.. want them to stop. Tell them”
And then I sobbed even harder when I realized that he was right about everything. He would not make it, I could see it in his eyes that the paramedics would be too late and he’d be gone when they finally came. “I .. don’t leave me, please don’t!”
”I love you Alexandra, my sweetheart. I .. I lo.. love you so m.. mu.. much”
”And I love you! I love you, I love you, I love you”
”I’ll mi..” He stopped mid-sentenced and I saw how he drew his last breath. And then he went limp and his head rolled to the side, facing me. I stroked him over the cheek and kissed him first on his forehead, then his cheek and then I kissed him on the mouth. “I’ll miss you” I whispered as I leaned my forehead against his. “I miss you already and I’ll love you forever” The ambulence slowed down beside us and two men came rushing out. “I love you Mikey. With all of my heart”

“I’ve got something to tell you baby” I whispered as I climbed in to the bed beside him and laid my head against his chest “You’re going to be a father”

__________

Sad, huh?
Yeah, I was crying in the end when I wrote it, heh ^^
Anyways, like every other writer out there I would LOVE to get some feedbacks .. so be pretty kids and review yeah?

xo
Steff
Sign up to rate and review this story