Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 1: New Kids

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Hiei,Jin,Kazuma Kuwabara,Kurama,Touya,Yusuke - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-08-28 - Updated: 2007-09-03 - 1745 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 1
New Kids

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Kristy's POV)

"Kristy! Get your ass up and get ready for school!" How wonderful. This is how I wake up...every morning...to my brother yelling...I repeat my previous statement: How fucking wonderful.

This is what goes through my head as I slowly wake up. Not even fully aware, I stumble out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready. Once done with my daily rituals in there, I walk back into my room and toss on some clothes. I decide to wear a pair of baggy pants that are so dark purple they almost look black, a black t-shirt, black arm band and a pair of black fingerless gloves. Bet you can guess what my favorite color is now (^.~). Any ways, as I pull on my shoes I glance around my room.

Personally, I think my room is the coolest thing to ever exist on earth, but that might just be because I decorated it. I have dark purple walls with silver borders on the top and bottom, a fluffy black carpet, and a black ceiling with a silver dragon on it that I painted myself. My bed sits in the middle of the room against the wall. Its canopy is black as well as all of the blankets while the pillows are purple. I also have various pieces of furniture in the room (like desk, dresser, bookshelf, etc.) that are stained black. Last, but certainly not least, is my favorite feature of the room: the window seat. It is black with purple cushions and the view over looks the nearby forest. I love to just sit there and look outside, especially while it is raining outside. I love the rain, I don’t know why, but for some reason I have always loved the rain.

I smile slightly as I complete my room inspection and start to walk towards my room's door. I freeze as I put my hand on the door handle, realizing I had forgotten something. I quickly run over to my bedside table, grab my black choker, and put it on as I rush towards the kitchen (it's a pretty big apartment). I see my brother Jason sitting there eating some toast. I am about to sit down with him to eat breakfast when he stops me.

"Look at the clock," he tells me with out looking up. I do so and my eyes nearly pop out of my head when I see how late it is.

"Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?!" I ask as I glare at my brother.

"I did," he grunts, still not looking up. "You just wouldn't get up." I growl at him and am about to say something else when he interrupts. "And if you don't go now you will be even later." He finally looks up and much to my displeasure he has a slight smirk on his face. I give him an even bigger glare before grabbing a piece of toast and running out the door with my bag. "Hey! That's mine!" I can hear him shout after me, which makes me smirk as well and slightly lifts my pissed-off mood.

I continue to run down the street, when I can see two people ahead of me. I speed up a little bit more as I realize that the two people are my friends, Chris and Jessica. I quickly run up behind them and jump onto Chris' back.

"Chello peoples!" I say and grin as Chris stumbles beneath me.

"Gah!" Jessica instinctively jumps backwards and nearly runs into a fence. "Kristy," she says when her heart calms down slightly from the surprise. "You've got to stop doing that or some day you're going to give us both a heart attack!"

I simply dismiss her overdramatic reaction with a wave of my hand. "Eh," I say. "You should be used to it by now." Jessica shakes her head at me, but keeps walking. I continue to travel on Chris' back all the way to our school, chatting with Jessica while Chris laughs at us.

Five or so minutes later we arrive at school and split up to go to our lockers. After I have grabbed the things I need for my first class - which is math - I make my way towards the classroom. I stroll in literally as the bell rings. My teacher, Mr. Dern, glares at me as I walk to my seat but knows that he can't do anything. I swear that he hates me. I guess it's because I’m great at math, but I always fool around because I hate the class despite my grades. It's just way to boring! Then again, it might be Mr. Dern’s monotone voice as well.

I sit in my seat and stare sleepily at the board that Mr. Dern is writing on while he talks. I'm so bored that I slip into a half-conscious state as I start to think about random things. Like, for example, how everyone thinks that all math teachers are tall and skinny, well that is definitely not true. Take Mr. Dern, he’s extremely fat...only what’s even scarier is that most of his "fat" is actually muscle. I guess it's because he is also one of the school's football (American football, not soccer) coaches...and that in itself is another question. Why don’t Americans call soccer football like the European peoples? I mean it does make more sense since you basically use only your feet...and why-

"-alker! Ms. Walker! MS. WALKER!!!" I am jolted out of my thoughts by a loud voice next to my ear. I look up only to see Mr. Dern glaring down at me.

I rub the back of my head nervously. "Y-yes sir?" I ask.

"I asked you the answer to the problem on the board, now will you please answer?" Mr. Dern says.

I glance up at the board and quickly answer. "63 sir," I say.

Mr. Dern glares down at me again before saying through gritted teeth, "That is correct." He then somehow stalks back to the board; I say somehow because I would have expected him to waddle.

I see Jessica - who sits to my right - give me a dry look. I give her an innocent one back. It's not my fault Mr. Dern is mad at me, I mean he should know by now that I already know the answers! Jessica just rolls her eyes at me and focuses her attention back on the teacher. I grin slightly and am about to go back into my I'm-so-bored-I-will-think-about-anything-to-keep-my-mind-off-of-math state when I hear Mr. Dern speak again, but this time - and for about the first time ever - say something interesting.

"Class," he says. "We have four new students today." I look up and see four boys and a girl standing next to him. The first one is pretty tall, around 5'7 – 5'8 and has brown eyes and black, slicked back hair. I offhandedly think how many bottles of gel he used to get his hair like that; it must feel like a rock! He also has the look of a street punk, the type that doesn’t look like he usually goes to school. I wonder why he is here then? It must be the girl standing next to him who is glaring up at him. She is a bit shorter than him, has brown hair and eyes and a very motherly look. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that she bullied him into coming here.

The second boy in someone that makes me wince. He is tall (well into 6 feet), has as orange Elvis imitation hair-style, and a face that looks like it got it by a truck. I can already tell that this boy probably has the IQ of an ape...wait, scratch that, apes probably have a high level of intelligence than him.

I look towards the next guy and can immediately tell that he is a pretty boy. He has long red hair and brilliant emerald eyes that look extremely intelligent. However, as I look at his eyes I can see a sneakiness underneath that reminds me of a fox; it's something that most peoples probably would have over looked.

Shaking off my thoughts I turn to the next boy and my breath catches in my throat for a moment. He is short, around my height, has gravity defying hair with a white starburst around his bangs, and gorgeous crimson eyes that seem to be the same shade as blood. There is something about this boy that makes him seem very dangerous and it fascinates me.

I am suddenly brought out of my study by Mr. Dern's voice as he introduces the five students. He introduces Gel Boy as Yusuke Urameshi, Mother Hen as Keiko, Idiot as Kazuma Kuwabara, Red as Suiichi Minamoto, and Blood as Hiei Jaganshi.

"So would you mind telling us why all of you have moved to this school?" Mr. Dern asks them.

Suiichi is the one who answers and – as I anticipated – he sounds very intelligent. "Well sir," he says. "There was an umm...accident...and our previous school burnt down. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the school was unsalvageable and so everyone had to change schools.

Mr. Dern nods at the explanation. "Well then, we are honored that you chose to join this school," he says (I don’t feel like coming up with a school name). He then turns towards the rest of the class. "I expect you all to make them feel welcome. Oh, and someone will need to show them around the school.” He looks around the classroom for a moment before his eyes come to rest on me. "Ms. Walker," he smirks. "You will be their guide." I feel my eye twitch slightly. he is trying to kill me...or at least slowly torture me.

However, instead of commenting a back I put on a fake smile and say in a sickly sweet voice, "Of course sir," and stand up. Mr. Dern glares at me, but says nothing as I make my way towards the front of the classroom.

To Be Continued
Sign up to rate and review this story