Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sensual in Such Non-Conventional Ways

Birds in My Ears

by diehard 3 reviews

an interesting new development. and some making out... kinda.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-08-29 - Updated: 2007-08-30 - 1206 words

0Unrated
I woke up the next morning to someone poking me repeatedly. I waved their hand away and groggily opened my eyes to see Pete staring back at me. "Can I help you?" I said crankily.

"Someone's not a morning person." He said grinning at me.

I just glared at him. "If I remember correctly, neither are you."

He just kept smiling infuriatingly. "Well, being the wonderful, amazing boyfriend that I am, I decided to get up early and get you a copy of AP."

That woke me up. I sat up immediately and looked around. He dropped the magazine in my lap. "Enjoy."

"Did you read it yet?"

He nodded.

I decided I wasn't going to get anything else out of him so I opened the magazine to the place he showed me. I saw a picture of Cliché Confidence performing and a small article next to it, along with a picture of the cover of our record. I scanned the article and a few phrases jumped out at me. Introspective lyrics; good musicianship… but it wasn’t all good. There was some criticism of our sound, calling us "conformists to the recent outpouring of ‘emo’ music". All in all, though, it was a pretty positive review and more than I would’ve asked for. As if reading my mind, Pete said, "See? They liked it. Don’t even worry about whatever little thing they found to criticize. Chances are that fans won’t care. And aren’t you doing this for the fans anyway?"
I nodded and gave him a hug. "Thanks for everything Pete."
"It’s what I’m here for."
I woke up everyone else to show them the article and then got up to make breakfast. Hey, I was in a good mood.

While we ate, we talked about what we were going to do next.
"We’re going on tour soon you know." Said Joe.
I nodded, a little sadly. 3 and a half months without Pete didn’t seem too fun. Joe kept looking at me expectantly. "What?" I said.
"We need a band to take out. You have a band. Does no one get what I’m hinting at?"
Adam looked up. "Are you inviting us on tour with you guys?"
"Duh." Joe said like it was the most obvious thing in the world… come to think of it, it was.
I looked over at Pete, Patrick and Andy who were all smiling and nodding. "Do you want to come?" Asked Patrick.
"Duh." I said, mimicking Joe and smiling.


We threw ourselves into preparing for tour. It seemed like there were endless things to do. Fall Out Boy already had a crew, but we had to find one. We also had to get all of the tour art up and start advertising. Another new band, The Academy Is… was also coming with us.
As soon as Pete posted an entry about the upcoming tour on Fall Out Boy’s website, Cliché Confidence’s website got a ton of hits. I scrolled through the comments and smiled to myself. People seemed really excited.
Pete walked in and kissed me on the cheek. "Do you regret becoming famous yet?"
I laughed. "One, we’re not exactly famous and two, of course not. We’re going on tour with FALL OUT BOY!" I said their band name in a high-pitched voice.
He grinned. "Oops. I didn’t think you were the fan-girl type. You can’t come with us if you’re going to be fawning over me the whole time."
I pretended to pout and whimpered, "But PETE! I love you!"
His smile faded into something slightly more serious. "Do you?"
I nodded vigorously. "Yes!"
"No. Do you really?"
I finally got that he was being serious and calmed down. I didn’t have to think very long before I said, "Yes." In a quiet voice.
His smile became brilliant once more. "Good. Because I love you too." He pulled me onto his lap and started kissing me. It got pretty heated before Andy walked in the door and immediately slapped a hand over his eyes. "Do you really have to do that out in the open when the door’s unlocked?"
I looked up at him. "Why are you here?"
"To tell you that your crew is all assembled. We already paid them part of their salary so you kinda have to keep them." He said. "Oh, and also, tickets just went on sale and people are buying them like crazy." He finished proudly.
Pete looked at him. "You interrupted us for that?"
Andy shrugged. "I thought it was good news. And how was I supposed to know that you guys were practically having sex on the couch?"
Pete laid back down and put his arms around my waist, which wasn’t too hard because I was sitting on his stomach. "Leave now." He said to Andy.
"Fine." Andy huffed. "I can tell when I’m not wanted."
"I love you Andyyyy!" I called to his retreating back.
"I’m so sure." He said before walking out the door.
Pete pulled me down. "No. You love me. He whispered.
I smiled. "That is true."


The day we left came remarkably fast. Before I knew it, we were standing outside of Pete’s house with 2 huge busses in front of us. We were meeting up with The Academy Is… at the first stop.
I hugged Marissa, Tanaya and Mara. They would be flying out occasionally, but none of them could come full time. "I’m gonna miss you guys." I told them sadly.
"Same here, but we’ll be seeing you soon." Said Mara, always cheerful.
I nodded and gave them all a quick final hug before they went to say goodbye to their boyfriends. They were all used to the boys going on tour, but that didn’t make it any easier on them.
"We have to go or we’re gonna be late." Said Pete, walking out of the house with his last bag. This earned him glares from Andy, Patrick and Joe.
"You’re not the one who has to be without your girlfriend for 3 and a half months." Andy said, still holding on to Mara.
"It’s not 3 and a half months. They’ll be flying out. And on our other tours, I didn’t even have a girlfriend."
Patrick grinned wryly at him. "Exactly. So you don’t know what it’s like."
Pete shrugged sheepishly. "Sorry but we really do have to go."
Joe nodded before kissing Tanaya and climbing onto the bus. His face appeared in the window and he started waving to her.
She smiled. "You aren’t moving yet."
He obviously couldn’t hear her because he kept waving.
Andy and Patrick said their last good-byes to Mara and Marissa and climbed on the bus as well. Adam, Kevin and Dylan all hugged Marissa, Mara and Tanaya, then climbed onto our bus.
"See ya later." I said to Pete, before joining my band. He got onto Fall Out Boy’s bus and I could see them waving at the girls. We did the same as the busses started to move.
We were off.
Sign up to rate and review this story