Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 3: What. The. Hell. Is. That.

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-01 - Updated: 2007-09-03 - 743 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

>Chapter 3
/What. The. Hell. Is. That./.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk around the apartment for another couple of minutes trying to find Jason, but to no avail. Thinking he might be in the forest next to our house where I quite often find him, I drop my backpack and head back out the door. I walk all the way down the street and turn onto a path that leads through the forest.

I have been walking for a couple of minutes when I suddenly hear a large crash from somewhere a little off to the side of the path. I pause for a minute, wondering whether or not to see what the crash was. I know that I should just ignore it and continue walking, but my curiosity eventually wins me over and I head into the trees to investigate.

I walk for a little bit without finding anything and am about to turn back when I hear some more noise just ahead. I quietly push my way through the bushes and am surprised when I see Jason just behind some trees in front of me. I take a step towards him and start to call out when I suddenly freeze.

What. The. Hell. Is. That.

Standing in front of Jason is something unlike anything I have ever seen. It is a tall man-like creature with blue skin, sharp claws and teeth, and a large white horn in the middle of its forehead.

I gasp upon seeing this; I mean it's impossible right? But impossible or not it's standing in front my brother with evil grin on its face. I'm so wrapped up in staring at this creature that I'm almost literally jolted out of my trance when Jason leaps toward the creature, a dagger in either hand.

The strange creature immediately counters by putting his hands facing Jason, palms out. "ICE NEEDLES!!!" it yells. Even as the words leave his mouth, hundreds of tiny ice shards fly out of the palms of its glowing hands and impale themselves in my brother.

The force of the attack pushes Jason back and slams him into a tree. I stare in horror and then suddenly realize that my feet are already carrying me over to where he lies.

"Jason!" I call out as soon as I reach him. I kneel by his side and lift his head up slightly. "Come on Jay, are you alright?"

"Kris," he says hoarsely. "You've got to get out of here. Run. Go."

I shake my. "You seriously think I'm going to just leave you here?" I ask him.

"You should listen to him and run you fool little girl," the strange creature cackles, starting to slowly walk towards us.

I feel my eye twitch slightly and I realize that I'm starting to get really pissed off. Not only has this... this... thing! Threatened my brother, but it has also called me little. That doesn't go down well with me I hate to be called little. I mean, just because I'm short, doesn't mean I'm a little girl.

As these thought go through my head I start to become more and more enraged. I stand up and slowly turn towards the creature. It's then that I feel a strange, yet comforting, warmth envelope me.

Acting on instinct, I put my hand forward, palms out, just as the creature had done. "FIRE BALL!!!" I yell out without a second thought. My hands glow orange for a moment then a ball of fire, about a foot in diameter, shoots out of my hands and straight at the creature. Even as it moves towards the creature, the ball seems to be growing every second.

The creature seems to be in a state of shock and doesn't even move as the ball of flame flies towards it and engulfs it whole. As the smoke disappears, all that is left is a black scorch mark on the ground.

I sigh in relief, but at the same time am kind of scared at what had happened. I hadn't done that...had I? Shaking off those thought as I finally calm down, I turn towards by brother to make sure he's okay.

I freeze when I see Jason sitting there, gaping at me. "K-k-Kristy?!"

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story