Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 11: What I've Become?

by patricksgirl84 3 reviews

Another change...and meeting more family

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-03 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 2373 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 11: What I've Become?

The next few days went well with Josh. He didn't bring up Patrick or the incident of the other night. Destiny missed Patrick more than before. Andrew helped her get through the days.

Destiny do you know where my shoes are?" "Yeah, they are in the living room. Do you want me to get them?" "No, I will." Josh was packing to go back to Iraq. He came back to the bedroom. "Well, I'm all set. Will you be alright?" "Yeah, Things will be fine. When do you think you will be back?" "Not really sure. Maybe April. I have to do a year. It's lucky I got this time away." "Alright. I understand. I was thinking maybe I should go to Chicago. I mean there's nothing here for me." "I don't know Destiny. You said my mom was questioning about Andrew. She would more. Don't you think it would be hard seeing Patrick?" "I would get my own place. A place for us when you come back." "Think about it somemore. Let me know what you decide. It's up to you. I wish you would stay here though." "I'll think about it."
"I have to go." "Take care of yourself. Please be careful." "I will. Take care of our boy." He kissed Andrew and Destiny. Josh walked out the door. Destiny put Andrew down for a nap and went to check her email. There was a message from Becca.

Destiny,
Here are the pictures I took when we were there. The ones of you, Patrick, and Andrew came out good. If I didn't know you I would be jealous. You guys look like a family. Andrew looks a little like Patrick. I hope you are doing well. Take care. ~Becca

Destiny looked at the pictures. She couldn't believe her eyes when she seen the pictures with Patrick. Becca was right. "Oh my gosh. Patrick, how could you not see that he is yours." She started crying. Destiny needed to move back to Chicago. She was so lonely. Besides Marie, there was no one she could talk to.

She got the phone and called her mom. "Mom, how are you?" "Good. What's going on?" "Um, I want to move back." "Have you talked to Josh?" "Yeah, he didn't think it was a good idea, but there is nothing for me here." "Well, you and Andrew are welcomed here." "Thank you, but I want my own place." "Okay. I will look for something for you." "Thank you." "I just want to be home again." "Okay. I'll call you in a few days and see if I find anything." "Love you mom."

~Four Months Later~

"Mom, I want the picture over there." Destiny just moved in the apartment in Willmette. Josh was still in Iraq. Destiny heard from Patrick, but they left a week earlier for Japan. "Okay. How's that." "I love it. Thank you." Just then Andrew started crying. "Let me get him." Destiny's mom said. Destiny went through the boxes of pictures. She came across the picture of her and Patrick and Andrew. She looked at it and traced Patrick's face. "You better not have Josh see that." "No. I'll put it away when he comes home." Destiny started to cry. "Mom, I really messed things up, didn't I?" "I'm not going to tell you that you did. Destiny, you did what you thought was right. I know Patrick would of dropped everything to be with you and the baby. But you can't dwell on the past. You have to live for the future for this little guy. Which by the way, I think he is hungry." "Okay."
Destiny took Andrew and got a bottle and fed him. After she put him in a swing that was in the living room. There was a knock on the door. Destiny went to the door. "Hi, how are you Susan?" "Good. I came to see if you needed any help and also to see my grandson." "Sure. He just got up from his nap and is in his swing. I really don't need any help. We actually have mostly everything unpacked." Destiny and Josh's mom went to the living room. Destiny took Andrew out of the swing and put him in Susan's arms.

"Everytime I see him, I can't see an ounce of Josh in him. I mean his hair is started to get a red shade to it." "Um, Susan." "Yes." "I need to tell you something. I know you are going to find out." "Destiny." Her mom said. "No, mom. She will find out. It's better if she knows." "What is it?" "Josh isn't Andrew's father. He knows. I told him that I was pregnant and he is the one who came up with us to get pregnant and he would be Andrew's father. Please don't be mad at Josh. He just wanted to protect me." "Destiny, how could you do this? My son didn't do this on his own. You must of cornered him." "No, I couldn't tell my boyfriend. He thought that this would be best." "So Andrew isn't his?" "No, he isn't." "Here." Susan handed Andrew over. "I will only see you and that baby on special occasions. I will not be a part of this lie. If you hurt my boy in any way you will pay." She walked out. Destiny broke down.

"She is just like her son." "What, Destiny?" "Nothing. That didn't go as I expected." "If she doesn't want anything to do with Andrew I can be a double grandma for him. He won't want for anything." "Except his real daddy." "Destiny, what did I tell you." "I know." "Mom, could you watch Andrew for a little bit. I'm going to go for a walk." "Sure. Wear a jacket it's getting cold out there." "I will." Destiny grabbed a hoodie and left the apartment. She walked to a cafe and ordered a coffee. She bumped into a guy. "Oh, sorry. I was paying attention."

"Destiny? Is that you?" "Yeah. And you are?" "Kevin. Patrick's brother." "Oh my gosh. I didn't even recognize you. How are you doing?" "I'm doing good. I got a job at a lawyer's office. So far I like it. How are you? You are living in North Carolina now right?" "Actually I just moved back. Josh, my husband is in Iraq and I was pretty lonely down there. Needed some northern air." "Yeah. I can't believe you are married. I thought for sure you and Patrick would end up together. You two were inseperable." "I know. I have a son too. His name is Andrew." "You do not." "Yeah, I do. He's four months old." "That's what I get for going to college. I never hear any news. We need to get together sometime. Here is my number." He gave her a business card. Call me if you want to get coffee or whatever." "Okay. I'd like that." "I know mom would love to see you and the baby." "Okay. I should get back. My mom is home with Andrew. Talk to you later."

Destiny started to walk home. Halfway there it started to rain. "Just great. Perfect for my mood." A car pulled up to the curb. "Destiny, get in. You are going to get sick." "Kevin. Are you following me?" "No, I was in the cafe when it started to rain. I figured you weren't home yet. Now get in." She got in the car and gave Kevin directions. "So this is where you live? Very nice. I had some friends that lived here." "Yeah, I like it. Do you want to come in and see the baby and my mom?" "Sure." They got out of the car and went in to her apartment. "Mom, I'm home." "Good. I think this boy is missing his mommy." Destiny took Andrew. "You remember Kevin, Patrick's brother." "Of course. How are you?" "Good." "Destiny, I'm going to go home. If you need anything let me know." "I will. Thanks for everything." Her mom left.
"Come on, let's go to the living room." Kevin and Destiny went to the living room. "Well, this is Andrew." "What a little cutie. He looks like you." "Thank you." "So what does your husband's parents think?" "Um, things aren't too good there." "Really? Can I ask why?" Destiny tried to come up with something. " Ah, they were upset when I got pregnant and never came around." "I'm sorry. I can't see anyone not loving this guy." Just then Kevin's phone rang. "Hello? Yeah. You never guess who I ran into today? Destiny. Oh, okay. Sure. Bye." Kevin put his phone in his jeans pocket. "That was mom. Do you want to come over for supper?" "Oh, I don't know." "Come on." "Okay. Let me get some things together for Andrew. Can you watch him?" "Sure thing."

Destiny got up and got some bottles, diapers, wipes, and clothes together. She went to the living room. Kevin was looking down at Andrew. "Well, I'm ready. I just need to get him in the carseat." "Destiny, he's Patricks, isn't he?" "What? No?" She took Andrew and put him in the carrier. She was starting to cry. "Why didn't you tell him?" "Andrew is Josh's. I wish he was Patrick's." He took her arm so she was looking right into his eyes. "Tell me the truth. Is Andrew my nephew?" "Yes, dammit. Yes, Andrew is Patrick's. I couldn't tell him because I would be ruining his life, his career, his love for music. I regret it every day. When I look at Andrew I see Patrick. I see what I gave up. I love Patrick and now I can't do a damn thing about it." She fell to the floor crying and sobbing. "Oh Destiny." He took her into his arms.

"Shhh. It's going to be alright." "I miss him." "Destiny, you need to tell him." She got up. "No. I can't. Not now that the band is starting to get sucessful. Please, Kevin. You have to promise me that you won't tell him or your parents. Please." "God, Destiny. I can't." "Please. I beg you. You just can't." "Destiny, this isn't good. Not for Andrew, not for you, and definitely not Patrick." "He is starting his life. I don't want him to think he needs to stop that. Please Kevin." She pledded with him. "Okay, only on one condition?" "Anything." "You let me see my nephew." "Of course." "Alright. Clean up and we will leave."

Destiny got cleaned up and put some make up on. " How do I look?" "A lot better. Ready?" "Yeah." Kevin took the carrier and Destiny took the diaper bag and they went to the car. Destiny buckled Andrew in and got in the car. They drove to Patricia's house. Once there Destiny thought it wasn't a good idea that she came. She looked at the house that she spent so many days at.

~Destiny's daydream~
"Patty, will we always be friends?" They were in Patrick's bedroom. "Of course silly." "I worry you and I won't be friends." "You'll always be my special girl." "Not when you and Becca start dating." "What? Your nuts. I couldn't like her. She's nothing like you. I would want to date someone that can be my best friend. Hey, maybe I'll date you." "Funny." She punched him in the gut. "What was that for?" "I'm not dating you Patrick Stump. That's a sure way to end a friendship. Plus, I don't want to kiss you. Ewww." "Well, I don't want to kiss you either." Destiny stuck out her tongue at Patrick. "That's it." Destiny got up and ran out the door. Patrick was close behind her.

"Destiny, Destiny." "Wh..what?" "Are you alright?" "Um, yeah. Just daydreaming." "Okay. Do you want me to get Andrew?" "Yes please." She couldn't believe what she said when she was 13. Funny how things happen. Now Becca and Patrick were together just like she said. Kevin and Destiny walked to the house. Kevin knocked on the door and walked in. "Mom, we're here." "Destiny. I've missed you." Patricia hugged her. "How are you?" "I'm good." "Is this him?" "Yeah, Andrew." "What a sweetie. Can I hold him?" "Sure." Destiny took Andrew out of the carrier and gave him to Patricia. "He is so cute. How old is he now?" "Four months." "He must keep you busy." "Yeah, he does. But worth it." "How is Josh?" "Okay. He's in Iraq. He probably won't be home for a few months now." "That must be tough on you. If you need anything, anything at all call me. I know things didn't work out with you and Patrick, but I'm still here for you." "Thank you. That means a lot. Have you heard from Patrick?" "Actually, I just talked to him a little bit ago. He is having a good time in Japan. Becca went with him. So he's usually busy with the band or her." "Yeah. He probably doesn't get a moment by himself." "Well, I better get back to making supper. Make yourself comfortable." "Do you need any help?" "No, and if I do Kevin can help."

Destiny sat down on the couch looking at Andrew. "We are at Daddy's mommy's. Well, that would make it at your grandma's. She loves you and doesn't even know you are her grandchild. I'm so sorry, baby. Want to look around? Maybe there are some pictures of daddy." Destiny got up and walked with Andrew. On the mantle by the fireplace were some pictures. "There's daddy a little bit older than you. You two look so much alike. And there he is with mommy on our first day of school. He was always protective of me." "Destiny." She turned around. "Kevin. You scared me." "If you don't want people to know that Patrick is the father I suggest you stop talking about him being the daddy. Plus, it will confuse Andrew. Not now, but later." "I know. I shouldn't talk like that." "Come on. It's time for supper." Destiny took one more look at the picture of her and Patrick. Why couldn't things be that simple again??
Sign up to rate and review this story