Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Is how We'll Be, Oh Glory.

Memories like embers keep us warm (part 2)

by xcandix

part two. let me know if anything get's confusing.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-09-05 - Updated: 2007-09-06 - 2144 words

?Blocked
“Jesus Christ, you scared me Brendon.”

“I’m sorry. I knocked on the door to make sure you were okay, but you didn’t answer.”

“Sorry I zoned out.”

“It’s fine. Care if I join?” he asked with a devilish smile.

“Yeah, but only because we can conserve water,” I laughed back.

Brendon joined me in the steamy oasis. He wrapped his arms around me and laid tender kisses on my forehead as we stood there under the shower head.

“It’s gonna be alright, Maddy,” he assured me.

“I know and it help so much to know that you are here.”

“I’ll always be here for you Madeline. I promise.”

After we got out of the shower, got ready and packed we waited patiently for Pete. It’s not like I was in any hurry to go to Aiden’s funeral, anyway. The doorbell rang. Brendon and I both exchanged glances.

“I’ll get it,” he offered.

He opened the door and Pete and Ryan filed into the condo. I exchanged a hug with Pete. Ryan leant in and gave me a hug.

“How ya holding up?” he asked.

“Okay I guess, you?”

“I miss my friend, but I was worried about you.”

“Nah, no need to worry, Ryan I’m gonna be okay.”

Finally, we released the hug only to find that Pete and Brendon had already taken our things to the limo.

“Shall we?” Brendon offered.

We all filed back out of the door. One by one, we entered the limo. The ride was silent, much like the airplane ride. Everyone was just coping in their own way. When we arrived at the hotel in LA, Brendon and I headed for our room while Ryan and Pete headed for their separate rooms. After Brendon and I got settled in the room there was a knock at the door. I walked to answer it. I pulled the chain lock and started to open the door. I was smothered by a hug.

“Jade.”

There stood my best friend. God how I missed her. I was so happy she was here. She looked gorgeous, as always. Her hair was deep brown, long, and she had very blunt bangs that decorated her forehead. She was about an inch shorter then me but we both had the same color eyes.

“Are you okay?” she asked with much concern.

“Surprisingly, yes.”

We talked a bit. Minutes grew into hours and before it sunk in I was standing in the damp, cool grass. It was abnormally wet and cold outside. It really never gets like this in LA. I watched as his casket was lowered into the ground. I was between Brendon and my mom. My mom was crying, but wasn’t hysterical. She had to be holding back for the sake of my younger sister. She clutched on to my arm and Brendon intertwined his fingers with mine and he caressed my palm with his thumb. I knew Aiden said to let him go, I had to cry just one last time and he was going to have to deal with it, where ever he was. At the reception I was expected to make a speech. I hadn’t prepared anything, but then again how do you prepare for this? Any of this? I walked up to the podium that was set up for the reception. I placed my hands on the edges, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath as everyone’s attention turned towards me.

“Aiden was a friend to everybody,” I began as I looked over at his picture and smiled,” but he was half of me. My twin. Ever since birth we shared everything together. Aiden was always a person of great depth, that’s why he was such a great song writer. Last night Aiden came to me in a dream. Long story short he told me that I needed to let go. It’s been hard, but I’m being strong for my brother. He was always my rock, this amazing structure I could lean on. He was always so strong and brave for me, so now it’s my turn to show him that I can be strong and brave for him. So I urge you all to remember Aiden, but let him go. Aiden would never want you all to go on mourning. Remember the good times and learn from the bad. Don’t keep him locked in your heart, let him fly, talk about him freely and make people wish they knew him. Thank you,” I finished as I back away from the podium. I walked back to my seat as everyone started clapping.



Once Brendon and I got back to the hotel he began packing.

“Are you leaving know?” I asked.

“No, but I’m leaving tomorrow morning so I just want to be ready.”


Why was he so eager?

“Alright, well turn the light off when you are done.”

I slipped into the hotel bed as he finished packing his things. I understand he has a prior commitment, but still, I wish he would stay. He turned the lights out so the room was pitch black. I felt the covers rise slightly and his body slide next to mine. I was pointed towards his direction and although I couldn’t see him, I knew he was facing me. He moved closer to me and snaked his arms around my body.

“I’m sorry I’m leaving tomorrow.”

“Brendon, it’s fine don’t even worry about it.”

“Thanks for being so understanding. I love you more than anything or anyone in this world, Maddy.”

“Me too, Brendon. I love you too.”



Brendon’s POV


“Brendon, Brendon,” a voice filled my ears. I opened my eyes slightly.

“Baby if you wanna catch your flight you have to wake up.”

I opened my eye completely to see Maddy’s beautiful face looking back at mine.

“We’re gonna leave in a half-hour, Ryan is also leaving.”

“Why?”

“Because of Hobo,” she laughed,” he’s absolutely adorable towards that dog.”

“Oh, alright”

“Now get up,” she demanded as she patted her warm hand on my bare chest. She walked towards the tv. I pulled myself out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom. I rushed showering and brushing my teeth. I emerged from the bathroom.

“Whoa baby, why ya lookin so sexay?!” Maddy exclaimed jokingly.

“What?”

“I’m just kidding, but aren’t you a bit overdressed?”

“Well I’m flying public today so I want to look somewhat presentable.”

“Since when?”

“Since photographers found a knack for taking my picture.”

“Okay,” she replied,” get your stuff and let’s go get Ryan.”

I picked up my luggage and followed Maddy out the door. After I made my way out of the room she came beside me and wrapped her arm around mine. We stayed that way until we reached Ryan’s room at the end of the hall and then she let go to knock on his door. He answered and they greeted each other with ‘Heys” and a hug. Why were they always hugging? The car ride there was boring because all Maddy and Ryan talked about were the plans for the next tour.

“I was thinking about calling it the Nothing Rhymes with Circus Tour,” Ryan suggested from the back seat.

“That’s an awesome name, you have such a knack for words Ryan,” Maddy replied smiling while turned around in the passenger’s seat.

“We’re here,” I announced as I pulled up to the terminal. We all got out. Ryan emerged from the back seat and passed me my bag.

“I’ll see you soon, Ry,” Maddy said while giving Ryan yet another hug. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. “I’m gonna miss you baby.”

“I’ll miss you too, love.” I leaned in and gave her a kiss, which turned into a mini-make out session. Maybe that’ll show Ryan. I finally pulled away.

“I love you,” I cooed as I gave her one final kiss on the forehead.

“Love you, to.” she replied as she untwined her arms from my neck and returned to the car. She waved one final time ass she pulled away. I turned to Ryan, who was waiting in line to check in. I took a stance beside him.

“You want to tell me what you have going on with my girlfriend?”

“What?” he asked with a shocked look on his face.” Brendon we’re best friends, nothing more. I have a girlfriend remember? I would never cheat on her or do something like that to my best friend,” he said while placing a reassuring pat on my should.

“Alright, sorry man.”

“No problem.”


Maddy’s POV


I drove back to the hotel and ended up having lunch with Pete and Jade.

“Hey Pete?” I asked.

“Yeah?”

“Is there anyway I could take a private jet back to Las Vegas in a few hours?”

“I don’t see why not. You want me to set it up?”

“Yeah that’d be great. Jade you wanna come with?”

“Nah, I’ll be there in a few weeks to help you get ready for the new tour.

“Alright.” we finished up lunch and talked a while. Pete ended up scheduling a flight for me in an hour. It was a private jet so I should be able to catch Brendon before he goes to his parent’s house. Getting my luggage together and saying goodbyes went by in a blur. I was on my way to Las Vegas now and all I wanted to do was be with my baby. The jet landed and I got in the limo Pete hooked me up with. Crazy kid, I could’ve hailed a cab. The limo dropped me off in front of our condo. To my dismay, Brendon’s car wasn’t in the parking garage; which meant he had already went to his parent’s and I was not going over there. So, I decided I’d just make my way up to our condo and chill until he got back. I pushed my key into the lock and opened the door. I gently placed down my luggage. I started to walk down the extended hallway to our bedroom to change my clothes. It felt so good to say ‘our’, to know I had such a special honest guy like Brendon. The door was slightly open so I pushed it the rest of the way and stepped in. I looked up and the sight that hit my eyes should have killed me. I went into shock, I couldn’t speak. Brendon was in OUR bed with another woman. I couldn’t move. I froze as I stood there in shock as he made love to some other whore. His eyes met mine in the mirror by our bed. They widened.

“Maddy!”

I broke out of my state of shock and pivoted back out the door. My mind was racing as I grabbed my car keys off the counter and ran for the door.

“Maddy please wait!” he pleaded.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer. I ran faster out the door and towards my black mustang. I peeled out of the parking garage as he ran out with nothing but our- his comforter around his waist, the same comforter the he fucked some other chick in.

“FUCK!” I shouted as I raced my way through the streets of Las Vegas towards Summerlin. There was only once place I knew I could go. I pulled into the suburban neighborhood and was relieved when I saw his car there. I pulled my car into the drive, got out of the car, and walked towards the door. I knocked nervously, but fiercely. He opened the door.

“Maddy, what’ wrong he asked concerned.

“Ryan, I, I,” I began to stutter and just sob uncontrollably.


Ryan’s POV


Maddy stood there crying. I pulled her into my arms. She continued to cry into my chest.

“Shh, Maddy its gonna be okay, come inside.” I walked her over to the couch and allowed her to sit down. I sat across from her. She had stopped crying.

“You okay?”

“Ryan, I caught Brendon cheating at our house.”

“What?” I asked shocked.

She just nodded her head.

“With who?”

“I have no idea, I didn’t even get a good look at her. I just saw that she has blonder hair.”

“Maddy, I’m so sorry.” I offered.

Suddenly there was a loud knock at the door.

“Ryan, let me in. I know Maddy’s in there.”

It was Brendon. I turned to look at Maddy, she just shrugged.

“It’s up to you,” I told her.
Sign up to rate and review this story