Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 12: Secrets and a Faceless Girl

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-10 - Updated: 2007-09-10 - 1163 words

0Unrated
A/N: Just as a quick side note, this chapter may seem to be a bit irrelevant, but believe me when I say it's not. Several of the seemingly random things mentioned in here play a big part later on, in about 20 chapters or so XD

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke’sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 12
Secrets and a Faceless Girl

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all immediately begin walking again, with me still looking around at everyone, confused.

“You okay?” Kiara asks coming up to me.

“...Yeah...” I begin. “But why is everyone here?”

Kiara blinks for a moment. “...We’re walking to school...” she answers slowly.

I mock glare at her and decide to poke a little fun. “But what about you?” I start. “You go to different school.” Kiara starts to answer, but I just plow on. “And how about Yusuke and Kuwabara? They rarely ever make first period since they’re always too late – although I can understand that; the only reason that I even go to school at all is because my brother makes me – and how about Kurama? He is always at school way before us. And what about Hiei? I never ever see him except in class!

“So why! Why are you all here!” I conclude, finally realizing that in my morning tiredness I had begun rambling. I also realize that everyone has stopped walking and is now starring at me. “What?”

At that Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Chris begin howling with laughter. Not that I can blame them; my idiotic rambling must have sounded pretty strange, even to someone like Kuwabara.

Jessica on the other hand, just shakes her head with a light smile on her face.

“Still not fully awake yet, are you?” she asks me.

I simply smirk at her; she knows me so well... almost too well. My smirk quickly turns into a serious face though.

“Why are you all here though?” I ask everyone in general – Jessica and Chris excluded.

Everyone else’s (Once again, that excludes Jessie and Chris) faces fall serious as well. I see Suiichi and Keiko exchange worried looks, and I wonder exactly what this could be about.

“Nothing really,” Yusuke answers me with a slightly nervous laugh. “We just thought we’d walk you three to school. I mean you never know what kind of weirdoes are out at this time of night...”

Chris sweatdrops. “It’s morning Yusuke,” he says dryly.

Yusuke laughs nervously again. “Right...” he says. “But still, you never can be too careful.”

I narrow my eyes at Yusuke; he’s hiding something, they all are. But what could it possibly be?

“You’ve never been too worried about ‘weirdoes’ before,” I say in a guarded tone.

For a third time, Yusuke laughs nervously... damn that’s starting to get on my nerves! ...Umm... back to the point...

“Umm... Hey! Look!” Yusuke suddenly exclaims. “We’re already at school! Can you believe how the time flies? Well, I better get to my locker; don’t want to be late you know!”

With that, he hurries through the school doors and down the hall. The others (Me: Still excluding Chris and Jessica, and from now on that is what the

“others” will be) briskly walk in after him, leaving Chris, Jessica, and I to stand there. Jessie and Chris both just shrug and make their way to the door.

I however, just continue to stand there and stare at the doors. Now I know that Yusuke and the others are definitely hiding something and I’m determined to find out.

“Are you waiting for the door to open or something?” Chris suddenly says, breaking me out of my thoughts. I jerk slightly and abruptly realize that I have been just standing in front of the school door, staring at it. I give a nervous laugh and walk inside, following Jessie and Chris down the hall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Miss Walker!” the teacher snaps suddenly, smacking my desk with her ruler. “Pay attention!” With that she turns around, stalks back towards the chalkboard, and continues her speech about ancient battles.

I glare at her back as she walks. I can positively say that I hat Mrs.
Schubert. She’s my history teacher and a cranky old lady. And “old lady” fits her perfectly seeing as she has to be at least 60, has short – and I mean short - gray hair, and is... overweight... to put it politely... and to put in my own words, she’s a fat ass bitch who I swear used to be in the military. I continue to glare at her as she speaks. So what if my mind had been wandering! I was thinking about Yusuke and the others. Besides, when in my life am I ever going to need to know the fact that General Yamagata was able to stop a snake bite from killing him by putting ice on it? And why did he even get the idea to put ice on it in the first place? (Me: Note that Yamagata and the snake thing was completely made up by me and never actually happened... I know nothing of Japanese history)

Suddenly I realize I can hear sniggering off to my side. I turn in the direction of the sound and start to glare when I see Yusuke and Kuwabara quietly laughing at me.

“What. The. Hell. Is. Your. Problem?” I force out through gritted teeth.

Both Yusuke and Kuwabara immediately stop laughing as they see that I’m really not in the mood right now.

“Uh...” Kuwabara starts, looking at a loss for words as always.

“Nothing, nothing,” Yusuke covers up quickly, though a small smile can still be seen tugging at the corners of his mouth.

I grumble slightly, but turn away from the two nonetheless and glance down at the notebook in front of me. It’s my drawing notebook and at the moment is turned to a sketch that I only just recently finished. In fact, the sketch actually happens to be from a dream that I have been having a lot lately...

The sketch is of a faceless girl who is running through the woods with hulking shadows behind her. It is those shadows, the monsters, that she is running from. Also, the direction she is running towards seems to be a beautiful fantasy paradise, but it seems to be distorted and warped somehow, as if it’s only a mirage.

I have no idea why I keep having this dream or what it means, if anything, but I decided to draw it anyway. It has been on my mind a lot and is just another thing to add to the pile of things that are bugging my mind at the moment... Man, I really need to hit something right now.

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story