Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Strange and Fantastical Tales of Ju-Ju Boy and Mr. Scrooge

A Heartbeat Shared

by Ravenspear 0 reviews

In which Hidan assures himself that Kakuzu will live forever, but fails to assure Kakuzu that it's not because he cares or anything.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-14 - Updated: 2007-09-14 - 305 words

0Unrated
“This isn't about me caring or anything,” Hidan assures him, straddling Kakuzu's stomach with his ribcage ripped open like some grotesque gaping maw dripping with bloody spittle. “It's not like I'm doing this because I fucking love you.”

“Of course not,” Kakuzu responds, slightly breathless from the pain and the sex and the empty cavity inside his chest. “Of course not,” he responds, even though Kakuzu understands, with the small sliver of soul and humanity that he has left, that Hidan is the worst fucking liar to ever live.

His disbelief obviously doesn't go unnoticed. Not that he's surprised; he's a terrible liar, too, when it comes to Hidan. They've known each other for too long to believe each other's bullshit. “I fucking /don't/, seriously,” Hidan snaps, hands balling into fists at his sides.

“I believe you,” Kakuzu lies, sitting up and crumpling bloodied sheets as his lips brush the edge of Hidan's jagged wound.

“You fucking better,” Hidan replies, breath hitching in something like bliss when Kakuzu cracks his ribs back into place and licks the wound closed with a tongue made of arteries. “Because I'm only doing this because it's easier than having to find someone else to keep me company.”

“I believe you,” Kakuzu repeats absently, lips moving across pale skin as he strains his ears to hear the heartbeats inside Hidan's chest; two hearts, older than memory, beating in time with each other. On the surface an insurance of immortality, but deeper down a different promise, less definable and far more tempting.

Hidan's hand moves, almost hesitantly, traveling up Kakuzu's side and his back, pauses slightly at his neck before moving still up and settling in Kakuzu's hair. “You're a terrible fucking liar, asshole,” he sighs, resting his cheek on the top of Kakuzu's head.

Kakuzu snorts. “You're one to talk.”
Sign up to rate and review this story