Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Just The Covers On Top Of Your Bed

Chapter 5 – We hope you enjoyed your stay

by thebroken 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-09-15 - Updated: 2007-09-15 - 1439 words

0Unrated
She could remember it all. How her skin curled when he touched her and the way he talked to her. How he had kissed her neck and slapped her face. How she had killed him and then run away.

“Natalie?” Patrick said.

“Yeah?”

“It will be okay.” He said and grabbed her hand. He squeezed it in concern and kept quiet. He knew no words that could make her feel better in this moment. She just had to let the pain sink in and for her to accept it. They walked down street after street not saying a single word. Patrick saw how rapped up in her mind Natalie was. How she keep her eyes on the street. He wanted to say something to her. He wanted her to feel better, to make her smile. She looked so troubled. They kept walking as the sun began to go down. The sky was turning orange and pink. The birds were singing at it was a beautiful night. But neither of them noticed and they just keep walking until they ended back by Patrick’s house. Natalie was exhausted and when straight for bed. While Patrick still had many things on his mind. The long walk had made him think. Where was life going after this? It couldn’t possibly go back to “normal” again. Too much had changed. Too much had happened. Patrick took of his glasses and rubbed his eyes. The sleep was crawling but he didn’t want to go to sleep.

“Patrick.” Natalie said from behind. He turned around and saw Natalie standing there in the door. Looking so beautiful in one of his old t-shirts. “I don’t wanna sleep alone.”

“I’ll be right there!” He said and left the sofa following her into the bedroom. She quickly fell asleep in his arms. He watched her sleep wondering about the future, her future. Everything was out of place. He wondered how it would be when the press gained the knowledge of her pregnancy. He pulled her hair out of her face stroking it until he also was asleep.

We hope you enjoyed your stay even if it’s just for the day

A hard banging on the door woke them both up.

“I’ll get!” Patrick said and got of the bed left the room with Natalie in his heels. He walked down the big hallway and reached the front door. He opened the door and found a trio of police men. The closest one just walked past Patrick grabbing Natalie’s arms and pulling them behind her back.

“Natalie Salinger you are under the arrest for murdering Jack Johansen. You have the right to remain silence, anything you say or do can and will be used ageist you in the court of law.” He grabbed her right arm as another one took her other. Natalie looked at Patrick. He saw the chock and fear in her eyes.

“You can’t do this!” Patrick said. “The officer on the hospital said the charges would be dropped!”

“Then he was wrong!”

“It will be okay.” Natalie said quietly.

“You can’t take her! It isn’t right. She hasn’t done anything.” Patrick yelled and followed the police men down the driveway as the walked towards their car.

“Sir please steep away or we’ll be forced to arrest you too.” The free officer said as he pushed Patrick away from the car. Patrick saw how they seated her in the car. How she looked at him through the back window as they drove away. Her mouth didn’t say a word. But her eyes where crying for his help. He almost ran inside doing the only thing he could think of, taking the phone and called Beatrix. Natalie’s friend and manager, if someone knew what to do it would be her.

Would you help me get down? If you only knew the answer.

Natalie kept her face down at the ground. Sitting on the edge of her bed, legs curled up in her own arms. She couldn’t believe it. After everything she had gone through this was the last thing she expected. A tear found its way down her cheek and ended on her knee. It was followed by many more. She just didn’t know how to deal with this alone. She didn’t have anyone to hold her here. She was all alone, no Patrick, no Gerard and no Bert. She was a mess; her body began to shake as the tears fell quicker.

“Why me? Why does everything go bad for me? What have I done to the world?” She said and kept her eyes on the dirty old linoleum floor in her sell. She fell onto her bed still hugging her legs.

“Natalie, oh honey.” His words echoed in her mind, like he was here with her. She felt him touching her and pulling her in. telling her everything would be okay.

“It will be okay, I promise. I’ll take care of you and our baby.” The words made her snap out of her misery. He was really there. Holding her, making her feel like a person again.

“Oh Gerard!” She said and snuggled into his jacket. Feeling the familiar sent of him and then looking up facing his soft face.

“We will have you out in no time! I promise.” He wiped away her tears and she pressed her head ageist his neck. In that moment she knew exactly what to do. Gerard would race her baby. Even though she was sure it was Bert’s. She wasn’t a hundred percent sure but her heart was telling her that Bert was the father and her mind told her it was Gerard. He would be the better father. It didn’t matter how much she loved them both, it wasn’t right keeping them both.

“Gerard, I love you.” She hadn’t said those words in many year.

“I love you too, Natalie. Everything has become so wrong. Please let me make it right.” Gerard said. “Beatrix, Patrick and I will have you out in no time. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“I must go now.” He said and kissed her. “Be brave for us okay.”

“I will.” She saw him leave. Stepping out of her cell door, making her alone again. But she didn’t feel alone. She put her hand on her tummy. Feeling a small little lump. For the first time in a very long time she felt like this maybe won’t end so badly after all.

Maybe it’s all in my head but its killing me

“I know what they do to girls like you in prison.” The words woke her up. She looked up and saw him standing there. Leading against the wall, with his long black hair and unshaved face. His blue eyes collapsing with her. She couldn’t look him in the eyes and turned her face away from his. “looks like someone is not that pleased to see me.”

“What did you expect?”

“Maybe something other than an icy looks, but now I realise you are not a morning person. Very cranky aren’t you.” Bert said and shoved his hands in his pockets.

“Robert McCracken stop cracking jokes about me and tell me where the camera is? I thought you would be the first one to take pictures as I sit her in my cell.” Natalie said and sat up, swinging her feet out of her bed.

“I’m taking mental pictures so for now and ever every time I think of you this is what I’ll be seeing.”

“Well then you’ll be seeing it a lot then.”

“Don’t flatter yourself. I know exactly all your about.”

“And what’s that?”

“Well I think you know.” Bert said and pulled his hood into place. “I know all about you and your boyfriend Gerard.” It all struck her by surprise, she stared at him. “I’m not stupid like him. Don’t worry I won’t tell him. Or at least not for now. Cause I always liked you. Just a shame how it all turned out huh? Cause I think I could have really loved you.” He began to walk out, turning before exiting the room. “Have a nice life.” As the door closed her heart ached. He had taken a piece of her heart with him.

“Someone is always getting hurt. Why does it haft to be me every fucking time?” Bert muttered to himself as he left the prison.

Chapter name: Enterlude – The Killers
Sign up to rate and review this story