Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Today...

by x_Charlie_x 1 review

Song fic to the song Today by the Smashing Pumpkins. I was bored... it's not one of my best...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-22 - 904 words - Complete

1Insightful
-----------------------------------
Song= Today by the Smashing Pumpkins. (I’m actually in love with them right now. Hence the whole reason I’m writing this)
Gerard’s POV. It’s really not one of my best written stories but it’s just about post worthy. Read, Review, Rate… Constructive criticism welcomed.
-----------------------------------

/Today is the greatest
Day I've ever known
Can't live for tomorrow,
Tomorrow's much too long
I'll burn my eyes out
Before I get out/

Ever had one of those really really great days but all the time you’re living it you’re wondering if you should just die now because hey, you’re not going to be this happy again in a long while? That’s how I feel today. I’m over the moon. I haven’t ever felt so good. But I can’t help wondering that maybe I should just go out on a high.

/I wanted more
Than life could ever grant me/

I wanted so much from life. I wanted to make a difference. I wanted to save the world. I wanted to have an awesome girlfriend who loves me. I wanted to have children I could take on the road with me and show off to the fans. I wanted to get married in a big church with my mum crying in the pews. I wanted to know I’d made a difference. I wanted to be happy.

/Bored by the chore
Of saving face/

I’m sick of acting like everything is alright. This old routine of pulling on my mask every time I leave the house or the bus is boring me crazy. I wouldn’t want to worry any one. But I don’t want to live for other people’s happiness either.

/Today is the greatest
Day I've never known/

You said you loved me. On the phone. We were talking and I asked you if you were ok. You said you missed me so much it hurt. I said that I missed you too and you just came out with it. You told me you loved me. I told you that I love you too.

/Can't wait for tomorrow
I might not have that long/

Tomorrow. You’re supposed to be meeting us at the next stop of the tour. You were going to any way but now it seems even more special. The only thing is I haven’t decided yet whether I’ll still be here tomorrow. I mean if I die now I get to go out happy and loved. If I hold it off I’ll just get depressed again and push you away. Then you’ll leave me and I won’t be happy or loved. Today is the greatest.

/I'll tear my heart out
Before I get out/

I know I’ll hurt you by killing myself but I have making myself heartless down to a T. I’ll tear my heart out, I’ll stop myself caring. Then I’ll go. Because if I know and care about the fact that I’m leaving you behind I won’t die happy. And that’s the whole point of this. Then again if I stop myself caring about your love for me it stops me being happy so that screws it all over too.

/Pink ribbon scars
That never forget
I tried so hard
To cleanse these regrets/

There’s cuts up and down these arms that map out a life of pain. Every scar has a memory attached to it. They run so deep that I will never be able to forget them. No matter how hard I try to wash away the past the scars follow me around where ever I go. I’m not proud that I did it. I’ve tried to move on.

/My angel wings
Were bruised and restrained
My belly stings/

Everyone thinks I’m so perfect and maybe I could have been. Maybe if I’d fit in more as a kid and made some decent friends then I’d have had more support and been able to deal with being a teenager. Maybe if I’d have been able to deal with that I’d have been able to deal with what followed. I’ll never know. What ever it was that I could have been has been locked away now and no one will ever know what amazing things I could have done and gone on to do. Maybe I’ll find out when I die.

/Today is
Today is
Today is
The greatest day/

Today is the greatest day I’ve ever had in my entire life. I can’t believe you said that you loved me. Maybe I could hang on for just a little bit longer… It would be a shame not to even get a kiss off you…

/I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you/

I want to be with you. I’ve dreamt about it so many nights and woken up feeling so alone. If I could spend one night with you then my life would be complete. Then I could die. Not today, I couldn’t ruin today.

/Today is the greatest
Today is the greatest day
Today is the greatest day
That I have ever really known/

And it scares me.
Sign up to rate and review this story