Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Cult of the X

Dark Figure

by slickboy444 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-22 - 5657 words - Complete

1Exciting
Cult of the X
Chapter 11: Dark Figure

************************

A lone hovercraft descended over stormy seas in the mid Atlantic. The skies were cloudy and the seas were choppy. A small rocky island in the endless sea braved the large waves. The surface was barren while the center dominated by a large rocky mound of jagged volcanic rock.

The hovercraft landed atop the mound. The rain was starting to fall as the cloaked Isaac stepped out cradling a large stone slab covered in silk.

“Yes,” he said, staring at the mound, “After 10,000 years. It still stands.”

Braving the harsh winds, he descended into a small cave opening in the jagged rock. Rain started falling, but no force of nature would stop the determined monk. He could hear the rain dripping inside the cave as he entered the thick darkness.

Once he was inside, safe from the elements, he reached into his cloak and pulled out a single crystal. Removing the silk cover from the slab, he touched the crystal on a small indentation. Immediately, the crystal came to life in a bright purple glow. As the light illuminated the dark cave, a look of great excitement fell over his face. He had read about it countless times, but now Isaac was seeing it first hand.

“The chamber of Sirius…” he mused, “The final key to the Orion Prophecy.”

All around him, he saw colossal columns of metal and machinery. Engraved on every wall were Atlantean symbols, bearing the mark of the great civilization that had been lost to the sea. It metal still shined after thousands of years, preserved by the isolated island’s rocky protection. Now it would function again as was written in the Orion Prophecy.

Suddenly, his communicator went off.

“Isaac! Isaac, do you read? Your signal’s weak,” said a choppy voice.

“I read you, Artemis,” answered Isaac, still fixated on the structure, “Are you in place?”

“I will be soon. I’m just waiting for the right moment.”

“Just make sure that it’s done,” said the monk ardently, “We need the beast for the final piece of the prophecy.”

“So you’ve said,” said the determined soldier, “Just leave it to me. Over and out.”

Everything was falling into place. The Orion Prophecy was at hand. As Isaac gazed over the vast machinery he smiled. After 10,000 years the glory of Atlantis would reign again.

************************

Training back at Palace X had finally ceased. The X-men and X-factor had pushed themselves far enough. Getting the vacation and pampering out of their system was a cold shock to the system, but it reminded them they still had a duty even if they were gods on this island. Many were looking forward to a good long rest, but the Professor warned them not to get too relaxed. They may get the call at any moment.

“Dang, what a workout,” sighed Jean, stretching her limbs.

“Not bad for a pregnant lady,” joked Jubilee.

“Just wait until the hormones kick in,” remarked Ray, “Then the real fun begins.”

“Remind me to barricade myself in the nearest fortress,” joked Jamie.

“Only if you make room for all of us,” added Amara, rubbing her sore shoulder.

“Hate to disappoint you guys, but that treatment the doctors gave me helps combat that kind of thing,” said Jean with a bemused look, “But that doesn’t mean I’ll take every joke about being knocked up in good humor.”

“Wouldn’t expect you to,” said Scott, slipping an arm around his wife’s waist and resting his hand over her abdomen.

“Enough with the romance you two,” groaned Tabitha, who was especially sore after getting her body going again, “You got pregnant. We get it already.”

“Oye, you are hung over, Tabitha,” joked Rahne.

“Shut up,” grunted Tabitha.

“And I thought I was the grumpy one,” joked Laura, who was still training with a punching bag with her father.

The two younger mutants rolled their eyes. Jean being pregnant was going to take some getting used to, but she and Scott couldn’t have been happier. However, it was a shame this joyous time was being overshadowed by this supposed threat.

“Do you really think anything major is going to come of this mess?” mused Kitty as she and Piotr went towards the bath house to wash up.

“I’d say anything is possible, Katya,” said Piotr, wiping his face with a towel.

“I don’t know. Logan and the Professor are making a big fuss because of that Athena woman,” she went on, “So she came in hurt. Does that alone mean we should prepare for the end of the world?”

“Can’t say,” shrugged Scott, “But in my experience, whenever the Professor has a bad feeling about something it tends to be right.”

“Oh joy,” groaned Bobby, “Any chance he could be wrong just this once?”

“Guess we’ll have to wait and see,” sighed the X-leader, looking forward to a nice long rest in the bath house.

************************

Long after both teams filed out, Logan continued his workout with the Praetorian Guard. If he was going to have to tear into anything or anybody, he wanted to be prepared. He suspected something like this would happen in this place. He knew it was too good to be true. His Wolverine senses had yet to prove Logan wrong.

Eventually, Logan lost track of the time. Even Laura grew tired and called it quits. The Praetorian Guard remained, having to change shifts to accommodate Logan’s rigor. He was dead focused at the moment. Whenever trouble was brewing, his attention was on nothing else. It was a major strength, but also a weakness in some regards.

“Are you going to give it a rest already, dad?” groaned Laura, stretching her limbs.

“I don’t rest, kid,” grunted Logan, downing another unfortunate guard who he was sparing with.

“Well be radical for once,” she said, grabbing a towel and making her leave, “You haven’t relaxed for a second since you got here. Give the bath house or the steam room a try.”

“Sorry darlin’,” grunted Logan, drawing his claws for another round, “Ain’t my style.”

“Everybody needs rest, father. Even you,” said Laura, “And honestly, you’re starting to worry me. The only time you’re ever content is when a battle’s going on or drawing near. And here you’ve been trying all this time to help me get away from that. Guess that doesn’t mean anything if you don’t believe it yourself.”

Logan’s combat ready poise faltered. His daughter had a knack for being every bit as crass and to the point as him. Very few people had the guts to talk to him like that, but Laura had seen enough horrors in her brief life to be anything but afraid. And like it or not, there was some truth to her words.

“I’ll be in the steam room getting a massage from a couple of half naked men,” she told him in a low monotone, “Keep training if you want. Just don’t expect everybody else to share your misery.”

Leaving Logan to his endless battles, Laura made her leave. The Wolverine let out a tired sigh, feeling like a real heel for once in his life. Having a daughter had really changed a lot of things, but at his core he remained the same grumpy old man while she grew into her own person. It spoke volumes for just how stubborn he was.

“Do you wish to continue, my lord?” asked one of the guards.

Laura’s words still reverberated in his head. The adrenaline was still flowing through his system. But for once, he chose not to let it rule his life.

“Nah, we’ll call it quits for now. I think it’s time I finally get my head straight for once in my crazy life.”

************************

While conflict was brewing in much of the palace, one room remained untouched by recent events. In Rogue’s room, the warm sunlight bathed the vast suite in a golden glow. In the bed, two naked bodies were entwined under the purple silk sheets. Both were tired from exhaustive passion, but each was content in every conceivable way.

Rogue and Remy had endured complicated lives. Remy was a thief and Rogue was raised by a shape shifting mutant mercenary. Ever since their paths crossed, they shared a special connection. It had always been complicated, but that had changed. Being in this place gave them chances they wouldn’t have had otherwise. And for once, these complicated feelings weren’t so complicated.

After making love for a good long while, Rogue and Remy fell asleep for a couple hours. Their world was one of peace and bliss, their naked bodies entwined with Rogue resting comfortably atop her lover. For Remy, it was heaven and this woman was an angel. Even after he awoke, he laid with her admiring the beauty that lay before him.

‘Mon dieu, she’s beautiful. It’s official. Remy is de luckiest guy in de world.’

Smiling at her sleeping form, Remy watched her in a daze. She was starting to stir from her slumber, letting out a content sigh as she felt the warmth of his embrace.

“Hey sugah,” she said, tracing her hand down his manly chest.

“Hey yourself,” grinned Remy, “Feel better?”

“Never felt better before in mah life,” she smiled, snuggling closer to him.

They laid together in a peaceful bliss. Remy gently stroked her lower back while she rested her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. It was amazing how far they had come. Remy never thought a woman like this would come into his life and Rogue never thought she’d get a chance to experience such closeness with another soul. But here they were, entwined in a state of such splendor. It was a truly magical moment.

“Remy…” said Rogue in a tired tone.

“Yes cherè?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?” he said, looking down at her beautiful face.

“For being so damn persistent even when Ah pushed ya away,” she grinned, “You’re a brave man.”

“Or maybe just crazy,” said the Cajun, playfully stroking her face, “Crazy for a belle femme who he just can’t give up on.”

“Or just crazy in general,” she purred, kissing down his neck.

“Oh I’ll show ya real crazy mon amour!”

“Remy!” she squealed in delight as her lover started playfully tickling her.

Laughing together, Rogue and Remy rolled around on the bed. For once, they forgot about their insecurities and just had fun. They kissed, touched, and embraced like a regular couple madly in love. It was nice to let loose for once. Nothing held them back and unlike before, neither one of them pushed away.

While they were laughing and kissing happily under the sheets, an urgent knock came at the door.

“Rogue? Rogue!” came Kurt’s voice from behind the chamber door, “Are you okay?”

“Ah’m fine, Kurt!” laughed Rogue, squealing with delight as Remy’s lips trailed down her neck, “Just a little busy at the moment!”

“Busy?” said Kurt, still wrought with worry.

Then he heard another voice that gave it all away.

“T’ink you can get de better o’ Remy, cherè?” said the Cajun playfully.

“Sugah, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!”

Kurt’s face flushed bright red. It didn’t take a lot of imagination to know what they were doing. Running his hand through his hair, Kurt was relieved his sister was okay. But at the same time it was a little disturbing hearing her have this much fun with Remy.

“Vell uh…vhen you two get a chance, talk to zhe Professor,” he said, trying to talk over the playful laughs, “Something’s come up and you should know about it.”

“Roger dat, homme,” grinned Remy, still assaulting Rogue with his lips, “We’ll be there. Just give us a few more minutes!”

Trying to get such images out of his mind, Kurt made his way back to his room. If his sister really was cutting loose, he’d rather not be around to see it. Those were mental images he could do without.

‘Mien Gott. Of all zhe times for zhose two to get together.’

Laying upon his bed, Kurt grabbed the phone that the servants had given him.

‘Oh vell. Better get back to calling Amanda. Hope she’s okay.’

************************

After breaking out of Isaac’s study, Amanda found herself in an alien place. It hadn’t been easy, but with her newfound power she broke down several sealed doors and burst out into the heart of Xavier Island.

Looking around, it was like being on another planet. As soon as she took in the dazzling architecture of the vast city, a chill ran down her spine.

“Oh boy,” she wondered, “Where am I?”

Ducking behind an alley, she looked out to see a bustling city flushed with advanced technology. She saw hovercrafts flying through the sky above her, towering structures of exotic Greco-Roman architecture, and streets warming with people dressed in strange attire. Still wearing the clothes she fell asleep in back home, she was sure to draw plenty of attention. But she had to get away from that Isaac character.

“I don’t think I’m in New York anymore,” she mused.

Isaac’s study had been hidden right in the center of the city. There was no way out without traversing the vast roads and structures that towered before her. She didn’t even know if there was a phone to call Kurt at. But she couldn’t stay. She had to warn the X-men.

Slipping into another alley, Amanda ran through the twists and turns of the elaborate city layout. It was nothing like New York or any other city she had been to for that matter. For one, it was very clean, even in the alleys. The buildings bore little resemblance to traditional architecture and everything around her looked more advanced. The curious part of her wanted to learn more, but she didn’t have time.

Slipping into another alley, she ended up facing anther exit into the bustling streets. She couldn’t risk being seen, but she was at a dead end. All she could do now is slip into the crowd and hope for the best.

“This is a bad idea,” she muttered.

Trying to be inconspicuous, she slipped into the crowd. She tried not to draw any attention to herself, walking at the pace of everyone around her. Her heart was pounding inside her chest. It could all come crashing down at any one moment.

Looking around, she noticed that there were a lot of mutants walking around. But nobody seemed to mind, even those that appeared regular humans. It was strange since there was so much tension between humans and mutants back home. It made her wonder just where she had been taken and why everything was so different.

Amanda noticed a few people giving her awkward gazes, but she kept walking. She couldn’t afford to be stopped now. She had to get away. Suddenly, something caught her attention as she entered the town square.

“What the…”

It was enough to make her stop and forget about blending in. Towering in the center plaza was a fifty foot statue of Charles Xavier. His appearance was different, standing tall and firm bearing a regal robe and giving a gesture of peace. It was a strange sight. Amanda had never seen anything like it. Unfortunately, others took notice.

“You!” came the voice of an older man, “Who are you? Why are you wearing such attire?”

“Oh crap,” groaned Amanda.

Others started gathering around, mutant and human alike. They didn’t look too pleased with her presence.

“An outsider!” proclaimed one of the female mutants, “Someone is trying to infiltrate our home!”

“What? No, I…I don’t know how I got here!” said Amanda, holding her hands up in defense, “I swear I…”

“Silence!” said an imposing man as he approached her, “Explain yourself or face the wrath of the gods!”

“I’m warning you!” shot Amanda, clenching her fists.

Her hands began to glow, summoning the latent power she used to escape. And before the large figure got any closer, she shot a bolt of energy at the ground. Immediately, everybody fell back.

“You’re a mutant?” said a woman with intrigue.

“I…I don’t know!” said Amanda, starting to hyperventilate with anxiety, “Please, just leave me alone! I want to go home! I…”

Suddenly a voice rang out from the crowd.

“Easy Miss,” said a tall blonde woman bearing the uniform of the Praetorian Guard, “Nobody’s going to hurt you.”

Everybody made way for the woman and the soldiers that followed her. Amanda fell back, her hands still glowing. They didn’t look hostile, but they were still armed and she was still very confused.

“I am Athena,” she said, “I’m with the Praetorian Guard. Tell me. Who are you?”

Her hands stopped glowing and Amanda tried to take deep breaths to relax her anxious mind.

“My name is Amanda Sefton,” she said calmly, “I was kidnapped by some crazy guy. I just need to find a phone and call my fiancé. I have to tell him something important!”

“Okay, just stay calm Miss,” said Athena, approaching the young woman carefully, “Who is your fiancé?”

“His name is Kurt Wagner,” she said, her tone thick with urgency, “I need to talk to him! Please just…”

“Wait…Kurt Wagner?” said Athena.

“Yes, do you know him?”

Everybody in the crowd reacted strongly to that name. It came as a major surprise to Amanda. It was like they knew him. Something didn’t feel right about this. Another chill ran down her spine as Athena turned towards her soldiers.

“Come with me,” she said strongly, “I’ll take you to him, but you best be telling the truth. I do not wish to waste our lords’ time.”

************************

In the relaxing saunas of the lower levels of Palace X, Logan was unwinding for the first time since the X-men arrived on the mysterious island. After being chewed out by his daughter, he finally caved and gave his feral poise a rest. And so far it had definitely been worth trying.

“Damn, why didn’t I do this sooner?” said the feral mutant as he lay in the center of the sauna, soaking up the relaxing heat.

He couldn’t even remember the last time he allowed himself to relax like this. Every day he woke up ready for battle, never letting himself rest for a single moment. It clearly showed in his mood. But a lot of things had changed in recent years. He was a father now. The X-men were growing up. Scott and Jean, the two kids he first trained, were about to become parents as well. It left Logan at a strange crossroad in his life.

Resting his eyes in the aura of hot steam, Logan let his thoughts wander. He fought to keep from thinking about the brewing trouble. Instead, he dwelled on how Scott and Jean were going to fair as parents. It had been hard enough when he adopted X23. But he knew how much love those two shared. Any kid they had would be very lucky to have parents like them.

In addition, Kurt and Amanda were getting married and would likely have kids someday as well. Kitty and Piotr were getting pretty serious and it was only a matter of time before Rogue and Remy got their act together. One day they may all have kids. Even his daughter may fall in love one day. But where would that leave him? What would an old loner like him do with himself when the kids he helped raise were all grown up?

Suddenly, he was broken out of his train of thought by a heavenly voice.

“Logan?” said Ororo with a hint of surprise.

Logan’s eyes widened, realizing he was only wearing a towel and nothing underneath. He quickly covered up, causing Ororo to blush profusely. She too was only wearing a towel and this was the last place she expected to find him, less alone see him half naked.

“Oh uh…I didn’t know you were using this one. Sorry.”

“Nah, it’s okay, darlin’,” said Logan, keeping the towel secure.

“So you’re actually relaxing?” said the weather goddess with a humored grin.

“Blame Laura,” muttered the Wolverine, “She’s the one who roped me into it.”

“Well remind me to commend her. Mind if I sit?”

“Uh…go ahead, Ro,” said Logan, trying to hide his awkwardness.

Smiling at their predicament, Ororo sat next to her long time friend. It was nice to see Logan finally taking the time to unwind. He needed it more than anybody. And seeing him half naked covered in steam wasn’t a bad sight either, although Ororo kept that to herself.

“So how does it feel?” she asked him.

Logan let out a slight laugh while trying hard not to stare at Ororo too much.

“Strange, that’s for sure. But its okay I guess.”

“Well I’m glad to see you give it a try,” she said, “I’ve known you for years and I never saw you let yourself go, even for a second. It makes me worry about you.”

“Ah you know I can handle myself, darlin’,” he said confidently.

“That’s not the point,” said the weather goddess, moving in closer, “You’re a good man, Logan. You’ve done a lot for the students. You have a daughter who thinks the world of you. That’s a lot to be proud of.”

“I guess,” he muttered.

He still wasn’t making eye contact. Maybe being half naked with her was too awkward, but Ororo still persisted. She sensed something else bothering him and being one of the few who braved Logan’s company, it was up to her to help him.

“Is something wrong?” she said with a concerned tone.

“No…just doin’ a lot of thinkin’,” said Logan distantly.

“Is that all?” she said, not convinced, “You know you can tell me anything, Logan. That’s what I’m here for.”

Showing her sincerity, she took his hand. It sent a wave of warmth through Logan’s system and not just because she was just wearing a towel. He had a lot on his mind and he had to get this off his chest.

“Ro, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but a lot of the kiddies here ain’t kiddies anymore,” he said distantly.

“Oh I’ve noticed,” said Ororo, “I’m very proud of them, aren’t you?”

“Of course I am. It’s just…Cyke and Jeannie are gonna have a kid soon. The Elf and Amanda are gettin’ married. A bunch of others are already in serious relationships. And I have a daughter who is pretty much all grown up. I know it shouldn’t matter to me but…”

“Make you feel old, doesn’t it?” grinned Ororo.

“Yeah,” sighed the Wolverine, “I guess it does.”

Ororo cast her friend a smile, squeezing his hand and moving in closer to him. He actually smiled back, taking comfort in the beautiful woman’s presence. His burly scent filled the steamy ambience, making her feel warm inside while her divine aura consumed his senses. It was a nice feeling, sharing this closeness with another.

“Where do ya think this’ll leave us?” pondered Logan, “You and I have been raisin’ these kids for years. What the hell do we do when they’re all grown up?”

“I honestly don’t know, Logan,” sighed Ororo, “I’ve thought about that too. My sister loves to remind me that I’m not getting any younger.”

“Laura does the same to me, so we’re even,” grinned Logan.

“Good to know,” said Ororo with a smile, “But even after everybody grows up, life goes on for you and me. I don’t know where it will take us, but I have faith it’ll work out for the best.”

“Wish I had that kind of faith,” mused Logan.

“Well then I guess I’ll just have to have enough for the both of us.”

That got Logan to smile again. He had not smiled this much in a long time. Ororo had a strange effect on him. The memory of that night he watched her conduct that ceremony still hung strong in his mind. Now he was sitting next to her in a sauna. That much he could not ignore.

Looking over at her divine beauty, Logan felt a warm sense of peace come over him. Even in the face of renewed conflict, it felt good to have someone like Ororo by his side. She made him feel things he didn’t think he could feel. And he wasn’t afraid to embrace that anymore.

“Thanks darlin’.”

“For what, Logan?”

“For everything,” he said in a deep tone, gazing into her sky blue eyes, “You’ve done more for me than anyone I’ve ever known. Of all the guys in this world you could have faith in, you choose a crazed wild man like me.”

Ororo couldn’t help but blush, the warm feelings burning within her.

“And even if these myths aren’t true,” he went on, “You’ll always be a goddess to me.”

What happened next was something neither could have anticipated. Logan caressed her face and drew her closer. Then, with tenderness few would expect of the Wolverine, he placed a soft kiss on Ororo’s lips.

It was intoxicating. She was every bit as divine as the legends of descendents described. He didn’t mean for it to be so deep, but the second they parted Ororo gazed passionately into the eyes of the feral man before her.

“Logan…” she said, lost in the feeling.

Slipping her arms around his neck, she drew him into another kiss. This time, it was deeper. What started as an innocent show of affection quickly escalated, but neither Logan nor Ororo fought this feeling. It was a powerful moment neither could deny.

Feelings and sensations washed over them. Without another word, their towels loosened and were tossed aside as they began to make love in the hot sauna. The feral man and the divine goddess came together in a sea of passion. And together, Logan and Ororo embraced this moment.

************************

Up in the Palace study, Professor Xavier was pushing himself to his limits to decode the Orion Prophecy. Hank and Lilandra repeatedly tried to get him to rest, but something about this ancient text kept drawing him in. He couldn’t fight this feeling that there was something sinister to this prophecy. But the more he tried to decipher it, the more dead ends he encountered.

“Any luck, Charles?” said Hank, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes.

“Still working on it, Hank,” said Xavier, going over another section of the text, “I think I may have found the section of the prophecy depicting the pole shift that destroyed Atlantis in the first place. I believe this may be key in discovering what may come.”

“I know. I’ve reached that same conclusion before,” sighed Lilandra, “But the text tapers off into nonsensical jabbering.”

“That jabbering is what we must decipher,” said the Professor, rubbing his shore temples, “There’s too much death and destruction in this text to ignore. I need to…”

“What you need is some rest, Charles,” said Hank strongly, “At this rate you’ll burn yourself out before the prophecy is ever fulfilled.”

“I can’t rest now, Hank,” said Xavier strongly, “Not when we’re so close.”

“He’s right, Charles,” said Lilandra, placing her hand on his, “Believe me, I want to decipher this prophecy as much as you do. But you won’t be doing us any favors by pushing yourself this hard.”

Looking back at the text, the Professor was tempted to go on. But upon feeling Lilandra’s hand on his, he sighed and conceded to his limits.

“You’re right,” he said, “I suppose I could use a break.”

Lilandra smiled, earning her a warm gesture from Xavier as well. But for Hank, he couldn’t stop himself from laughing.

“What’s so funny, Hank?” said Xavier with a bemused look.

“Oh nothing,” he said, still chuckling, “It’s just that in all the years I’ve known you, Charles, not once have you ever conceded to resting. I suppose you should feel special Miss Lilandra. Charles doesn’t do this sort of thing for just anybody.”

“Yes, well I…” she began, blushing at his words.

Lilandra trailed off as she and Xavier exchanged smiles. Since their arrival, Xavier and Lilandra shared a special connection. It was obvious he was smitten with her from the beginning, but nobody expected it to run this deep.

Suddenly, this awkward moment was interrupted as Kurt, Ayla, and Arion entered the study.

“Lord Xavier, how goes your studies?” asked Arion.

“Oh uh, fine so far,” said Xavier, snapping back to reality, “But we’re still a ways from deciphering the message of the prophecy.”

“I’m sure you’ll figure it out, my lord,” said Ayla, “In the meantime, Lord Kurt has come to us with a request that we wanted your approval on.”

“Yes, what is it Kurt?”

“It’s uh…it’s personal, Professor.”

Sensing his anxiety, Xavier turned to a more private dialogue.

‘It’s okay, Kurt. Just tell me what’s on your mind.’

‘It’s Amanda. She hasn’t been answering my calls all day. I’m really starting to vorry. I vas just vondering if it was okay to take a transport back to New York for awhile. I…I really vant to see her and I don’t know if zhe church vould like zhe idea of me marrying a human.’

Xavier paused to think about this for a moment. Looking at Ayla and Arion, he sensed they were very understand. But at the same time, they were very dedicated to their faith. Kurt marrying Amanda may be a important to him, but it could very well have other implications to the Church of X.

“I understand,” said Xavier, not making it sound too obvious, “You do what you have to do. We’ll discuss it later.”

“Zhank you Professor,” said Kurt, getting the message, “I appreciate it.”

Ayla and Arion were a bit confused, but figured this was a matter between their lords. Yet still, they couldn’t help but feel curious.

“Is everything alright, my lord?” asked Ayla.

“Ja, everything’s fine,” assured Kurt, “I vas just vondering if…”

Suddenly, Kurt was cut off as the chamber doors suddenly flew open. Instinctively, Kurt and Hank took a defensive stance, but were soon shocked to see that it was the Praetorian Guard, led by Athena. They entered the room in full combat gear, protectively surrounding them as Athena came in with a bound figure by her side.

Immediately, Kurt’s eyes widened with shock.

“Amanda?!”

“Kurt!” cried Amanda, trying to run towards her lover.

However, Athena held her back, maintaining the firm poise of a soldier.

“Ah, so you do know each other,” said Athena.

“Athena?” said Arion with an apprehensive gesture, “Would you mind explaining yourselves?”

Kurt and Amanda exchanged looks. There was no more hiding the truth. Standing in the presence of fully armed guards and the head of the Church of X, the two lovers had to come clean.

“She’s…she’s my fiancé.”

************************

The UN building in New York City was a bustle of traffic and news focus from all over the world. Huge mobs of protesters had gathered outside, knowing the outcome of this meeting could very well determine the course of human civilization. Every network in the world was covering this story. Inside a single building, the growing tension between humans and mutants would finally come to ahead.

With cameras rolling, the leader of Genosha, Magneto, was about to make the presentation of his life. Security was extremely tight. He had to land on top of the building in a metal sphere with the Brotherhood in order to avoid the mob of protesters. But nothing could keep him from showing the world what he discovered.

“Is it ready, Mystique?” asked Magneto, fixing his cape as he prepared to go out on stage.

“You’re all set, Erik,” said the shape shifter.

“Then let’s get this over with. It’s time humanity got a taste of their own wickedness.”

As he prepared to face the world, a lone figure watched intently from the concealed rafters on the ceiling. Using an invisibility cloak to maintain stealth, the warrior known as Artemis locked his sights on the master of magnetism. He was armed to the teeth with the best weapons Atlantis could offer and the more he stared at this man, the more disgusted he became.

He was every bit as dark as his incarnation. He stood tall, reflecting the character of the tyrant he embodied. The world would better when this was over. The Orion Prophecy had no room for such a beast in the world that would soon arise.

“You’re time has come, tyrant,” said Artemis, preparing herself for the task at hand, “The hatred in your soul consumed this world once before. And as Xuthasius as my witness, I shall see to it that you hold no place in new world order that is soon to come.”

************************

Up next: Magneto gets caught up in the midst of the Orion Prophecy.
Sign up to rate and review this story