Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

I Hide Behind These Words

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 8 reviews

Saffy & Patrick have been best friends as long as they can remember. But what happens when a new kid named Pete steps in? Patrick seems to be changing and Saffy is losing her best friend to Pete. I...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 1004 words - Complete

1Original
Chapter One: I Hide Behind These Words.

All the ways you make my stomach turn. And all the long drives with my friends blur. And I wish I kept them inside my mind. I hide behind these words
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Summary: Saffy & Patrick have been best friends as long as they can remember. But what happens when a new kid named Pete steps in? Patrick seems to be changing and Saffy is losing her best friend to Pete. Is she also losing her partner for the talent show?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: I do not own Fall Out Boy or any of their lyrics that I use for this story. This is strictly fictional, don't take any of this seriously.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

His words. Composed as soft as silk. Between the love and sorrow, I can still get lost in his voice. Memories are bandits of the heart; in those prestigious moments, inadequacy is nonexistent. I walk into his blue eyes; rich with joy and passion. He surely loves to sing. A smile is always curved across his lips when his vocal chords play. I can't help but smile with him. I tap at the keyboard and create a symphony of piano sound. I end the song with a quarter note as Patrick stops his voice and takes a sip of his water.

"We are so going to win the talent show." I inspirited leaning back on my piano bench. A light smile played across his face as he took another sip.

"Eh, I don't know. I need to work on my pitch a bit more." he dejected as I frowned from his lack of enthusiasm.

"You have way too many insecurities." I replied getting up from the bench and sitting down next to Patrick.

"Sorry. I have the tendency to do that. Habit, I guess." he said twirling with a strand of my hair.

"Rumor has it, that a music agent will be there." I gossiped, changing the subject. Patrick propped himself up from my bed and looked at me if I were insane.

"Seriously?! That's awesome! Think if we might win! The fame, the fortune! We could have it all!" He exclaimed jumping up and down as I laughed at how childish he seemed.

"Sometimes fame changes people." I added sitting up as Patrick stopped jumping.

"I don't think anything can change us." he reassured taking back his seat next to me.

Suddenly, a scratchy ring tone pranced through the air as a vibrating sound rumbled on my desk. Patrick quickly answered his cell phone. "Hello?.... Hey, Mom...... At Saffy's house..... Alright...... Thanks.... Bye." he conversed with his mother before hanging up. "That was my mom. I have to go home for dinner." he announced taking his coat and sauntering out of my bedroom door. A wave of disappointment washed over me as I watched his figure disappear.

I sighed and got back on my keyboard. I was lost in the beautiful sound until I heard my mom yell, "Saffy! Get down here!" I hastily walked down to the kitchen where my mother stood there placing brownies neatly on a paper plate and covering it with Cling Wrap.

"What?" I asked eyeing the treats that rested on the disposable plate.

"We have new neighbors next door. I want you to give them these brownies." she answered shoving the platter of chocolate fluffiness in my hands.

"Why can't you do it?" I debated. I really didn't want to go out into the cold winter just to deliver stupid brownies.

"Because, I have to go pick your brother up from soccer practice and I need you to do it." she said putting on her coat and grabbing her car keys.

"But, Mom!" I whined as she waved to me before heading out into the frosty Earth.

I slipped on my navy blue coat and headed out the door. A bitter wind stung my cheeks, as I shivered. Goose bumps glided down my arms as I headed to the house next door. I muttered profanity about the weather as I knocked on the crimson-colored door. A tanned boy who looked about my age answered the door. His bangs swung over his honey-glazed eyes and blackness covered his fingernails. He had a heavy black hoodie and a smirk on his face.

"Can I help you?" he asked leaning against his door.

"Yeah, my mom wanted me to deliver these brownies to you. So here." I stated handing him the plate.

"Why?" he asked without taking the brownies. How rude.

"It's like a welcoming present or something." I answered as frost bite nipped at my body.

"Well, I don't want brownies as a present. I want a new guitar." he replied as a smirk formed across his chapped lips.

"Are you kidding me? Just take the damn brownies!" I scolded shoving the plate against him.

"I'm Pete." he announced as confusion grew inside of me.

"What?" I asked, bewildered.

"I'm Pete. That's my name." he said. Is this kid mental or something?

"I don't care! Just take the stupid brownies!" I yelled, but he made no attempt to take them.

"I don't want them now." he argued.

"Why not?" I asked, annoyed.

"You just said they were stupid. I don't want stupid brownies." He answered with a sarcastic tone.

"Okay, they're smart brownies. Will you take them now?" I pleaded grabbing my coat closer to my body.

"Nah." he answered shifting his body weight to another foot.

"Why?! My mom made these brownies especially for you and your family! Why won't you take them!?" I yelled as he let out the most condescending laugh. My fury only grew more after that.

"Okay, I'll take them." he surrendered, even though he had a feeling of victory. What was so glorious about making me freak out? I shoved the brownies in his hands and angrily stomped back to my house.

What a jerk.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Eh, I don't know about this story.
Review and tell me what you think.
Comment/Compliment/Critique.
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story