Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 14: And Then Came Heartache

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

I suck at summaries

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-24 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 1604 words - Complete

0Unrated


"Well, what is it?" "Patrick and Becca are getting married." Destiny felt like she had been punched. "Well, that's good. They deserve to be happy. Well, I'm going to start on this paperwork. I can finish supper. Why don't you leave and meet with Pete or something." "Destiny, are you alright?" "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" "Because the man you love is getting married to another woman." "I don't love Patrick like that anymore. I haven't seen him in four years." "Well, if you need anything at all. Anything, give me a call." "I will. Thanks for everything. I'll need you tomorrow at 9." "Okay. Take care."

Destiny just sat there. The tears came. She didn't know what she should do. It was like she couldn't move.

Destiny's daydream

Destiny sat in the club with Tina. She looked and seen Patrick. He looked so nervous. "Tina, I'll be right back." She walked over to Patrick. "Hey, you okay?" "No, I'm scared shitless. Why did I say I would sing. I'm going to puke." He ran to the bathroom. Destiny followed him and walked in. "Are you alright?" He looked at her. "No. I don't know if I can do it. I'm just going to go home." He got up and rinsed his mouth. "Oh no your not. You are going to go on that stage and blow everyone away. When you get on there, look at me." "Alright." "There you are. Pete says we are about to go on." Joe came in. "I'll be there. Destiny, you better go out there." "Good luck, Patty." She kissed him and left and went out to the club.

"Welcome everyone. We have a band from right here in Chicago. They don't have a name yet. Here they are." The guys got on stage. Destiny couldn't of been more prouder of Patrick. They started playing and Patrick stepped up to the microphone.

"Walking off that stage tonight
I know what your thinking in he stands alone because he's high on himself
But if you only knew ..

I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile
So many kids but I only see you
And I don't think you notice me
Well, I've seen your boyfriend and I don't think he treats you right
But thats none of my business is it?"

Destiny got tears in her eyes. She couldn't believe his voice. They played six more songs. After, Patrick came over to Destiny. "So, what did you think?" "You were amazing." She put her arms around him. "Really?" "I wouldn't lie to you. I loved it." "Wanna go and get something to eat?" "Sure." They left the club and walked to the restaurant down the street holding hands. Patrick stopped. "What is it?" Destiny asked. "I love you, Destiny. I'll always love you."

"Mommy, mommy. Are you alright." Destiny woke from her daydream. "Oh sweetie. Yeah, I'm fine." "You're crying." "I know. I'm just sad today." "Did I do something?" "Oh, honey. Never." She took Andrew in her arms. "Always remember I love you." "Mommy, can I see Patrick again? I really liked him." "I don't know. Mommy and him aren't really friends anymore." Andrew looked up at her with those green eyes that his father had. "I'll see what I can do." Destiny finished supper and did laundry. It was soon time for Andrew to go to bed. She started on her paperwork for Kevin.

After finishing she decided to call Patrick. "Hello." "Oh, Becca. Um, is Patrick there?" "Sure. Here he is." "Hello?" "Patrick. It's me Destiny." "I take it Tina told you?" "Yeah. Congratulations. So when is the big day?" "We haven't really decided yet. Maybe in a year or two. How are you doing?" "Alright. It's been hard these last few months." "I'm sorry. I didn't like Josh, but he shouldn't of been killed. I seen Andrew today." "Yeah, he told me. He really likes you Patrick. I know it's late, but could you come here. I need to tell you something." "Can't you just tell me over the phone?" "No, please come over." "Alright. I'll be there in a little bit." Destiny hung up the phone and went to check on Andrew.

She went into his bedroom. He had kicked the blankets off. "You are so much like your daddy." She covered him up. "I'm going to tell your daddy tonight. I know he'll love you." She kissed him and heard a knock on the door. She opened the door and couldn't believe he was standing in front of her. "Hi." "Hi. Come in. Do you want anything?" "No. I'm fine." They went to the living room and sat on the couch. "So what couldn't you tell me on the phone." "Patrick, I don't know how to tell you this. I don't want you mad." "I won't be mad. Just tell me." She looked into his eyes. She stood up. "God, I can't do this." "Destiny, can you hurry up. I have a radio interview tomorrow morning and I need to get some sleep." She turned around. "Andrew isn't Josh's son. He's yours." Patrick just looked at her. "Patrick, say something." "Are you fucking kidding me? You find out that I'm getting married and pull this shit." "What? No, Andrew is yours. Do you really think I would of slept with Josh when I was with you. I loved you. I still do. Look at Andrew. He is you all over. I'm surprise you never noticed. Kevin even noticed." "He knows?" "Yes. I'm sorry, but you were just starting with the music and I thought you would of stopped and regretted it." "He's mine." "Yes."

Patrick got up and looked at the pictures of Andrew. "How could you. How could you fucking keep my son away from me. I know nothing of him. What the hell where you thinking? My son doesn't know me. He thinks he's father is dead." "Mommy?" Andrew was standing in the hallway with the teddy bear Patrick gave him. "Oh sweetie. Did we wake you? We didn't mean to. Let's get you back to bed." "Let me, Destiny." Patrick took Andrew in his arms and went to his bedroom. Destiny paced the living room floor.

"He's sleeping." "Thank you, Patrick." "So, what are we going to do?" "I'll have to tell him. He doesn't know." "Okay. Can I be here when you do?" "Of course. We'll have to tell your mom." "Okay. Can I see him or should I get a lawyer?" "What? Oh, Patrick. I'm not going to keep him away from you." "Alright. I'm going to go. I'll be here at 6 and we can tell him and then go to my moms." "Okay. I'll see you then." "Bye.

~One hour later~

Patrick walked into the house and threw his keys on the table. He took off his shoes and sat on the couch. He put his head in his hands. "Hey baby. Is everything alright?" He looked up. "I don't know. Becca, sit down. This concerns you somewhat too." She sat on the couch. "What is it?" Patrick took her hands in his. "Andrew is mine. He was never Josh's." "Oh my god. How could she do that to you?" "We were young and it happened right around the time we started recording and going on tour. I really can't blame her. But it does hurt. Do you still want to get married to me, even though I have a child?" "Of course, Patrick. Are you going to file for full custody?" "I don't know what I'm going to do." "I think you should. You haven't seen that boy in four years. You deserve time with him."

The next day went slow. Destiny was nervous telling Andrew. "Kevin, do you think I could go home early?" She asked. "Uh, sure. Are you alright? You don't seem yourself." "I told Patrick last night. "Oh, how'd he take it?" "At first not really good. He thought I was telling him because I want him back. I don't know what he is thinking." "If you need anything. Anything at all. I'm here. Just someone to talk to. I'm here. Take the rest of the day off." "Thank you. We are going to your mom's tonight to tell her." "Maybe I'll be there. See you later and take care." Destiny got her things and went home.

"Tina, I'm home." "Destiny, your home early." "Yeah, I couldn't concentrate. How's Andrew?" "Good. All he's been talking about is Patrick." "At least he likes him. Tina, I'm so scared Patrick is going to take him away from me." Tina hugged her. "I don't think he would." "Oh, I know he wouldn't. It's her I'm worried about." "Just take it one day at a time. It's going to be a big adjustment for you all. Take it easy. Why don't you and Andrew take a nap and then get ready for Patrick?" "Yeah, That sounds good."

Tina left and Destiny went to Andrew's room. "Hi honey. How are you doing?" "Mommy. I missed you today." "I think we should take a nap. How does that sound?" "Do I?" "Yes. You can come in my bed if you want." "Okay. Is Patrick coming over tonight?" "Yes, we want to talk to you." "Goody. I really like Patrick." "He really likes you. Come on, lets go to bed." Andrew jumped on the bed and laid down. Destiny laid down and pushed the hair from his face. She fell asleep thinking of Patrick and what would happen with them.
Sign up to rate and review this story