Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Back To The Future

Back To The Future

by GoogleGeek 6 reviews

It's 2017, ten years since the oh-so controversial Fall Out Boy split.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-09-24 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 1653 words - Complete

0Unrated
The flashy commercials came to an end as the vibrant television host appeared back on the screen. She smiled as she moved the microphone towards her mouth.

"Hi everyone. You're watching The Music Station with me, Ria. Today's theme is music from 'Last Decade' so now we've got four classic songs from Fall Out Boy for you. Enjoy!" she waved goodbye to the cameras and the cameramen just before the video's began to play.

**

*'Are you sure about this, Pete?'

'Patrick, the guy's a fucking visionary!'*

Joe switched the TV off. He really wasn't in the mood to watch him and his ex-band mates take orders from a monkey.Although, seeing a monkey call Pete an idiot might have woken him up a little. He had only just woken up from another sleepless night.

Groggily, he got up to answer the blaring telephone. He squinted as the sunlight shone through the open window.

"Hello?" he mumbled, taking the phone with him as he opened the kitchen cupboard.

"Joe!" a whiny voice shrieked back into the phone. "Where are you? It's been half an hour! "

"Huh?" Joe glanced at the wall clock and swore. How did it get to eleven o' clock already? "Steph, baby, I'm sorry. The power was out so I didn't catch the time." he lied.

"Joe, I'm sick of you doing this to me!" she complained.

"I know, I know. Look, I'm really sorry." he threw the phone on the bed as he quickly changed. He knew Steph was going to repeat herself a million times so he didn't really need to be listening. He grabbed a clean shirt and put it on before picking the phone up again.

"Were you late when you went out with other girlfriends?" she went on.

Joe sighed. "Look babe, I need to get off the phone so I can get in the car, okay? I'll see you soon. I promise." he said as he slipped on a shoe.

Steph's tone suddenly changed. "Don't even bother, it doesn't matter."

"What does that mean?" Joe mumbled.

"It means I'm breaking up with you." she said before hanging up. The dial tone blared in Joe's ears.

He glumly placed the phone back to it's place and sighed. Yet another break-up to add to the collection.

Back then, if he was to get dumped he would've called Pete. He was really helpful when Joe was having lady troubles. Now, there was no way he was dialing that dick-head's number. Not now, not ever.

**

'This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn arms race!'

Andy's head snapped up. That was a song he hadn't heard in a while. It was sort of comforting to hear, knowing that those boys were probably off somewhere living perfect lives. It was also sort of depressing to hear in a hospital.

Andy watched as two doctor's stepped out of Caitlin's room. They looked serious and were talking in hushed voices. Andy held his breath as one of them began walking
towards him.

"Mr.Hurley?" he questioned.

Andy tried to speak but no words came out. Instead, he simply nodded.

"Your wife, Caitlin battled cancer before, am I correct?"

Andy nodded again, afraid of what the doctor would say next.

"Well Mr.Hurley, we're afraid that the cancer may be back again."

Andy gulped. Images of him sitting next to Caitlin's bedside from seven years back flooded back into his mind. Her fragile body was motionless and her lips that were hardly ever closed together were clamped shut tightly like a stiff zipper. Andy had hated every moment of it.

"Ma-May I see her?" Andy stuttered, trying to get the words out.

"Well, she is in a deep coma right now but I guess if you would like." the doctor led Andy to the room and waited at the door.

Andy took a deep breath as he entered the hospital room. It was just how he had remembered. The linoleum floor felt cold against his worn-out shoes and the walls still looked that old shade of off-white.

He knelt down next to the bed and found Caitlin's hand. He tucked a strand of her chocolate-brown hair behind her ear. He had heard that people in a coma could hear things around them so Andy wasn't going to wasting any time.

"Caity" he whispered in her ear.
"Caity, I need you to get through this. I need you. I don't think I would be able to go though life without you. I can't raise Cameron alone."

Cameron was their five year old son. In the beginning Andy was terrified. Him, being a dad? No way.

Fortunately, he got used it and actually enjoyed it every minute of it. But, thinking that single parent-hood could happen made all those nerves rush over him again.

He let go of his wife's hand and walked towards the door. He gave one last look at Caitlin's pale skin as stinging tears ran down his face.

"I just love you so much." he added before heading out the door.

**

'She said she's no good with words but I'm worse.'

Pete smiled to himself as he turned the t.v off. That was exactly how he felt right now.

He went back outside into the fresh, crisp air. People were laughing, food was being served and music was blasting through the speakers. Yep, he sure knew how to threw a party.

"PETE!" Loud screams came from people around him as Pete stepped on top of the outside table.

"Hey, everybody. Hope y'all enjoying yourselves. Now I'd like to take a little time out to say something really important." he cleared his throat

"As you all know, I'm getting old." he said, half-smiling. "In two years I'm going to be forty, which is like, really scary."

He bit his lip and glanced at his girlfriend. He flashed her a cheeky smile and exhaled. This was it.

"Lana, I love you." he began "I think you're the most awesome girl I have ever met and I've known a lot of girls." he laughed as he heard Gabe clap and cheer already.

Yeah, Gabe was still on his side. Pete was surprised that anybody would still want to be his friend but he was still glad that someone forgave him. Of course, he would of liked it better if Joe had forgiven him.

"Anyway, as I was saying," he went on. "Lana, I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

The crowd gasped as Pete jumped off the table and headed towards Lana. He knelt down on one knee and opened up the ring box.

"Will you marry me?" he announced, smiling from ear to ear.

Lana could feel every eye watching her, waiting for her next move. She grabbed Pete's shaky hand and led him back into the house. She locked the door behind her and sat him down on the couch.

"Pete, listen. You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah..." he agreed slowly.

She sighed. "I'm sorry Pete, I'm just not ready for something like this. I just can't do it."

Pete's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "So, that's a no?"

She nodded her head sadly. "It's a no." Lana then got up and went back outside leaving Pete alone with his thoughts.

There was only two things he had wanted. One was a promise he had made to himself on his twenty-first which was to find the right girl before his fortieth birthday.

The other was to get in contact with the boy's. He knew Patrick would forgive him... hopefully.

**

'Maybe he won't find out what I know, you were the last good thing about this part of town.'

Mr. Sampson shook his head at the television. "The music of today's generation is nowhere as good as it was back in the day."

Patrick smirked. "Actually this is ten years old." he corrected.

Mr. Sampson switched off the television anyway and eyed the couple. "So, what was it you had to tell us, Amy?"

Patrick gulped and glanced at his fiancee and gave her a look that was meant to say 'now'. From under the dining table Patrick found Amy's hand and laced his fingers through the gaps.

"Well,Mom, Dad " Amy bit her lip nervously, her mother was going to hate her after this. "I'm pregnant."

Patrick tightened the grip on her hand. He could feel her fingernails digging into his palm. The last time he had seen Amy this nervous was after their first date.

She had spilled her drink all over the restaurant floor, tripped over a busker on the street and to make matters worse had been chased by a dog. But, Patrick liked her goofiness and asked her for a second date

"You never could wait, could you Amy?" she sighed, glaring at Patrick. "Didn't your parents ever teach you anything?" she added disapprovingly.

"Mrs.Sampson, calm down, things like this happen all the time." Patrick asserted.

Without saying a word Mrs.Sampson got up and walked out of the room, her husband reluctantly followed.

"Patrick. I'm really sorry." Amy began but Patrick shook his head.

"Don't worry. I've put up with your mom for five years already. I'm used to her." he grinned before pulling his fiancee into a hug.

Besides Amy's parents, things were almost perfect. He had a nice car, a house big enough for a family, a good amount of money and a loving fiancee but there was something wrong.

With the exception of Amy, they were all material objects. What he really cared and wanted was three good friends that he hadn't seen in a while. Luckily, he had a plan and knew how it would work.

So this is my first story. If you like it and think I should continue then tell me so. I'd like to hear your opinions. xx
Sign up to rate and review this story