Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Back To The Future

How Come

by GoogleGeek 3 reviews

Pete is just a tad on the social side.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-24 - Updated: 2007-09-25 - 811 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pete lifted Lana’s arm off his bare chest and rose from the bed. He grabbed a shirt from the floor.

“Where are you going, Petey?” Lana murmured, obviously still tired.

But Pete didn’t bother answering. He still wasn’t over the humiliation he had suffered the day before. He entered the kitchen and reached for his cell phone. Nine o’clock in the morning was way too early for Pete to be up but he knew that the person he was calling would’ve been up for hours.

“Hello?” Patrick replied on the other side of the phone sounding fresh and bright.

“PATRICK!” Pete excitedly screamed into the phone, smiling at the sound of his voice. “How are you?”

“Umm, I am fine.” Patrick answered awkwardly. “Can I ask who this is?”

Pete faked a gasp. “Patrick, I can’t believe you! After all those fantastic nights we spent together and you don’t even remember my name.”

“Are you sure you’ve got the right number?” Patrick asked extremely puzzled.

Pete laughed. He could imagine Patrick standing there in a sense of confusion. Patrick and Andy were always that tad bit more sensible whereas Joe and himself went a little crazy. He hoped he would be able to have more crazy moment s with Joe.

Pete sighed. “Honestly Trick, don’t the words Pete Wentz mean anything to you?” he joked.

Patrick’s eyes practically bulged out of their sockets. “PETE” he cried giddily. “It’s been way to long!”

“You don’t say.”

The next few moments passed by in an embarrassed, uncomfortable silence. Both of them knew it was bound to happen sometime.

“So…” Pete looked around the room, shifting his weight from side-to-side.

“Pete, why did you call?” Patrick asked rather bluntly. “I mean, I’m so happy you rang me and everything but why? I mean why have you waited so long?”

Pete bit his lip. It was time for his big confession. “Patrick, I just want you all to know I’ve changed. I’m not the same guy I used to be. I mean, the good parts are the same but the bad parts are gone.”

“All?” Patrick quizzed. “That means me, Andy and Joe, right?”

“Well, yeah. I mean we’re all in need of a catch-up, don’t you think?”

Patrick sighed. “Pete, how exactly are you planning on getting Joe to come?”

Pete blushed slightly. He felt embarrassed even though Patrick couldn’t see. “Umm, ring him?” he guessed/

Patrick rolled his eyes. “Pete, you know I don’t generally yell at people but seriously, you impregnated his girlfriend! Do you really think ringing him up is going to work?”

Pete sighed as the memories flooded back into his mind. Ironically, Joe had hopped on a plane to visit his own pregnant sister and stupidly let his girlfriend stay with Pete until he got back. One thing led to another and then when Joe came back, she was pregnant.

In the middle of the fourth month, a miscarriage occurred. Nor Joe or Pete had seen that girl since. They also hadn’t spoken to each other since.

“Look Patrick, I know, I fucked up but maybe if you could ring him for me or something…” Pete got cut off by somebody calling Patrick’s name. Pete could hear it faintly in his own phone.

“Who’s that?” Pete asked curiously.

“Amy, my fiancée, look Pete, I have to go. She’s kind of having morning sickness right now, but I’ll call Joe later. You call Andy.” Patrick said. “Bye.”

The phone beeped into Pete’s ear. Patrick was done; Joe was getting done for him, now it was Andy.

**

Andy snorted as he felt a vibration in his pocket. His neck ached from sleeping on a hospital chair all night. He stepped outside into the parking lot and checked the Caller ID on his buzzing phone.

“Pete?” Andy said into the phone. He wanted to make sure the number was right before he reacted.

“The one and only.” He replied, smugly.

“Pete Wentz?” Andy repeated.

“Andy-fucking-Hurley, how many Pete’s do you know?” he joked.

It was the first time Andy had smiled in days. “PETE!” he cried.

“ANDY!” Pete laughed back. “How’s my vegan going?”

Andy rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. “Not to great, my friend, not so great.” He didn’t really feel like explaining his situation to Pete right now.

“Aww, well you know what you need?” Pete said.

“No, what?”

“To see me again!”

“Yeah.” Andy laughed weakly. Of course, there was a whole lot more he needed first and most of it didn’t involve Pete.

I was absolutely, positively thrilled to get 'New Review At FicWad' emails. So, thank you everybody who reviewed the first chapter xD
Sign up to rate and review this story