Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Back To The Future

Real Pain For My Sham Friends

by GoogleGeek 3 reviews

Thing's don't really go according to plan but that's just what they expected.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-09-25 - Updated: 2007-09-26 - 1026 words - Complete

0Unrated
Throughout that week plans were being made, secrets were being kept and lies were being told.

“Are you sure Pete’s not going to be there?” Joe had asked Patrick for the millionth time in one of the week’s phone conversations.

“Well, I didn’t invite him.” Patrick answered uneasily; which was true...sort of anyway.

“And you’re sure there’s going to be good food?” Joe asked.

Patrick rolled his eyes. “I’m not gong to let you starve, now am I?”

“No, but if you’re cooking then I’d rather starve.” Joe teased.

Although it was Pete’s idea for them to catch-up, they couldn’t have it at Pete’s house as Joe wouldn’t come and because Joe and Andy never offered their own homes, so it was to be held at Patrick’s. But, he didn’t mind, he was too excited imagining the gang back together to really care.

Andy on the other hand, wasn’t as excited. Sure, he wanted to go and everything but he didn’t want to leave the hospital. What if Caitlin woke up and he wasn’t there? He wanted to be the first person she saw when she woke up. But, after thinking it over for a long time he decided to come but on one condition. He could bring a guest.

Patrick strolled to the door as the doorbell sounds became fainter and fainter. He swung it up and stared at his old friend, shocked.

“Andy, you don’t look like Jesus anymore!” Patrick blurted out.

Andy blushed slightly. “Oh yeah, that’s a great way to greet somebody.”

Patrick was right though, he didn’t look like Jesus anymore. His hair was cut shorter and he had actually shaved. But, that wasn’t the only thing Patrick was surprised about. Standing next to Andy was a little boy.

“Patrick, this is Cameron.” Andy introduced. “Cam, this is Uncle Trick.”

Patrick squatted to the kid’s level. He stuck out his hand and Cameron shook it up and down vigorously.

“Whoa! You’re strong, did you know that?” Patrick told him as he stood back up to his natural height.

They entered the house together when Andy spotted somebody standing in the corridor. Patrick grinned as he put his arm around her waist.

“Andy, this is my fiancée Amy and Amy this is one of my old band mates, Andy.” Patrick said happily.

“Hi.” Andy replied, feeling extremely guilty. Seeing Patrick and his fiancée made Andy miss Caitlin a million times more.

They sat down on the couch and stretched back. Neither said anything. Cameron was busy sitting on the floor playing with a race-car.

“Oh no! Car crash! BOOM!” Cameron shouted before rolling the car into the coffee table. The others laughed. “

“Did he just make the car-crash?” Patrick asked, shaking his head.

The doorbell chimed again but Patrick didn’t answer it this time as Cameron beat him too it.

“Hi.” The little boy greeted as Joe came inside.

“Uhh, hi.” Replied Joe, uncomfortably.

Cameron looked up at him. “What’s your name?” he asked curiously.

“Uhh, Joe.” He looked around the room to see if he could see any adults.

“You look funny.” Cameron giggled before running away.

Joe stood there, puzzled. He wasn’t quite whether or not he should take it as a compliment. He ran his fingers through his bouncy ‘fro before following the little kid. He was welcomed by his old, aging band mates.

“ANDY!” he screamed pulling him into a hug. He was about to do the same to Patrick but he did a double-take. Patrick’s hands were laced into a woman’s.

“Patrick’s got a girlfriend!” Joe sang.

“The right word is fiancée.” Patrick corrected, smiling up at Joe.

Unlike Andy, Joe looked exactly the same. He was a head of facial hair with an added afro. Unfortunately, he still had the same old scent of marijuana.

“You know I’m so glad we’re all back together.” Joe smiled. “Just the three of us.”

“Yeah.” Patrick and Andy uneasily agreed exchanging glances.

Joe looked down as the same little kid from before tugged at his pants leg.

“Can I touch your hair?”

“Uhh...” Joe looked around the room, waiting for somebody to do something.

“Be nice to Uncle Joe.” Andy laughed.

Cameron crept up onto the couch next to Andy. “Dad, when I grow up can I have hair like him?”

“You know if you’re lucky, he might show you how to do your hair like that.” Andy pretended to whisper.

Joe gawked at Andy. “When did you knock up somebody Mr. Hurley?”

Andy gulped. He didn’t want to mention Caitlin while Cameron was around. He thought she was on a holiday and that’s what Andy wanted him to think.

“I’m not sure if ‘knocked up’ is the proper term but yeah, I guess.” He answered uneasily.

Thankfully, he didn’t need to go in anymore detail because at that moment the doorbell chimed again. Cameron got up and raced to the door, yet again.

“It’s probably the pizza-man.” Patrick said, quickly.

Joe sighed in relief. “So, you didn’t cook then?”

Amy laughed along with the rest of them. “I do the cooking in this house, I don’t trust Patrick.” She joked, speaking up for the first time.

Cameron came bouncing back before rolling across the floor army-style. He then went back to his race-car.

The person at the door slowly walked in. It wasn’t the pizza man. “I hope I’m not too late.” He said.

Joe glared at them all before standing up. “Well, that was fun. Now I’m going.” He declared, heading for the door. Pete turned back and followed him.

“Wait, Joe!” Pete begged as he watched Joe get into his car.

Joe gave Pete one last look before slamming the door behind him and driving off. Pete disappointingly retreated back to the others.

“Awww, did the cool hair man go already?” Cameron asked.


THANK YOU ALL! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Sign up to rate and review this story