Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

im just the covers on top of your bed

by watch_the_sky 0 reviews

UPDATE!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-09-27 - Updated: 2007-09-27 - 2861 words - Complete

0Unrated
Patrick yawned rather loudly as he rolled over lazily, sprawling his entire body out onto the bed, hoping to wrap his arms around his girlfriend and spend the next half hour just cuddled up in her embrace. But his romantic fantasy was soon put on hold when his arms soon came up empty, finding him self alone in bed with nothing but an armful of cold sheets. Disappointed, Patrick padded over the plush carpet of their hotel room to find Ana in the sitting room, absently watching television as she sifted through the pile of negatives cluttering her lap.

"Well good morning to you, sunshine" Ana cooed happily as he stumbled sleepily into the room in nothing but his boxers, socks and a t-shirt, scratching absently at his head. Bed head looked so cute on him; she just couldn't help but smile.

"What are you doing?"

Ana shrugged, nonchalantly, "Watching television, not wanting to go to work; nothing exciting."

Patrick smiled at the television as he collapsed down on the couch, the impact of his lethargic body knocking a few of Ana's pictures off her lap. "I was on One Tree Hill once, you know."

"I know" Ana nodded lightly and quietly, her eyes were glued to the pictures in her hand and the next statement was never meant to pass her lips, "That was the worst night of my life."

Ana's eyes grew wide, she was horrified that she had just admitted that but Patrick wasn't anything but confused; what does that even mean? Opening his mouth to speak, he wasn't sure what sort of response that required so he quickly closed his lips once again. Seconds that felt like hours of silence passed before he finally choked out a stammered, "What?"

Taking a deep breath and exhaling heavily into silence, Ana spoke with words Patrick never wanted a conversation to begin with, "Patrick, I haven't been completely honest with you."

"What are you talking about?" There was no way a sentence like that was going to bring out anything good and he hastily rubbed the last of the sleep from his eyes, hoping this was just a dream.

"When I met you, I knew who you were." Upon realizing how odd that sounded, Ana chuckled slightly before shaking her head back into a serious conversation, "Well, obviously I knew who you were, but what I meant was, I knew what you were. I apologize for lying, I shouldn’t have acted oblivious; that was stupid on my part."

Patrick's voice was stern, it wasn't angry and it wasn't upset, it was just stern; this had to be the oddest conversation he ever imagined them having, and honestly, feared them having. "Why would you lie about something like that?"

"I own a television, Patrick; I read magazines. My brother let it slip at a family dinner and a week and a half later there you were on a television show I watched every week. How was I supposed to feel about that?"

Patrick found himself nearly at a loss for words, his heart was pounding and he could feel the blood rushing through his veins. He was an idiot for thinking that somehow, she was oblivious to him and the things that he had achieved; she wasn’t immune to the world around her, especially since he had spent years obsessively hoping that she would find out, that she would find him and come back to her senses. All he could hope; was that this is exactly what she did, that she wasn’t some gold digging bitch, she couldn’t be, there just wasn’t any way.

“The night I saw you on that show, my entire world came crashing down …” Ana confessed somberly, “because I realized that no matter how hard I tried to erase you from my life, it just wasn’t going to happen. And I didn’t want you to think that I was some gold digging hussy, you know. I was so proud of you, I’m still so proud of you because you finally made something of yourself, doing what you love, what you’ve always dreamed and I wasn’t around to hold you back so you –“

Patrick interrupted her sternly, “Why would you think that you would hold me back?”

“I don’t know; I wasn’t anything less than discouraging when we were younger so I just –“

Patrick interrupted again; conversations were a two way road and he had things that he just needed to say, “You never discouraged me; you were just looking out for what you believed to be my best interests. And since we’re being honest here; I always figured in my head that the more outrageous celebrity choices that I made, the better chance I had of bringing you back. Whenever I would do a television appearance or a photo shoot, I would hope that maybe you were out there somewhere and that you were watching, or that may, just maybe one day I would walk into a studio and you would be running our shoot; but it never happened. The night I found you at the show, I thought that it finally worked in my favor, that you finally found me and were ready to come back.”

Ana sighed heavily, the truth was an awkward realization, “I came to the show that night because of my friends, but part of me just couldn’t wait to see you. But then, when you ran into me, it hurt” Ana and Patrick both stifled a quiet chuckle at the irony of it all, “It hurt because it had been so long and we had both changed so much. I didn’t want you to think that I was there because of who you’ve become; so I brushed it off and acted like I didn’t know, I thought it would be easier that way. I was there to see you, because it had been so long and I just needed to see you in person, you know, instead of on the cover of a magazine or somewhere in my television set.”

Patrick fiddled with the hem of his shirt as a silence fell over them, Ana gathered the pictures in her lap and slid them into her bag, speaking up above the deafening silence, “I’m sorry, Patrick; I shouldn’t have lied and I shouldn’t have pushed you out of my life.”

Patrick smiled shyly as he pulled her into his arms, holding her close, “All that matters is that I have you back now, and that I have you back for good.”

“I love you Tricky” Ana cooed happily into Patrick’s chest as he held her close, taking in his scent, warmth and the feeling of his body close to hers.

“I love you too Ana-banana”

Ana sighed heavily and whined, gathering her things, “I have to go to work, this sucks.”

“Don’t forget about tonight” Patrick smiled weakly as Ana placed a quick, rushed kiss on his lips before heading out the door.

After late trains, midtown traffic, faulty lighting, bad angles and less than cooperative clients, all Ana really wanted to do was go back to the hotel room, crawl into bed, turn on the television and waste the night away. But, as she stepped out of the bathroom sometime after arriving back at the hotel, clad in nothing but a wet towel, she remembered that she had made him a promise. It was some sort of party, promotional sort of event that struck no interest in her, but he had to be there and she had in fact, for some reason, promised him that she would come.

An oddly cool summer breeze blew through her hair as she stepped out onto Eleventh Avenue, a thirty-nine and a half block cab ride later. Pulling her gray cardigan tighter around her shoulders as she shuffled down the sidewalk, she laughed in her head in anticipation of the glares and angry glances she would soon receive as she strolled back the waiting line, right up to the door. Tonight, to Ana’s utmost advantage, she personally knew the doorman, and greeted him happily as she silently prayed Patrick hadn’t been a complete dunce.

"Well good evening Miss 'soon to be Stump'!"

"Oh Sal!" Ana cheerfully cooed, "Please tell me he remembered to put me on the guest list."

Sal, the very large, very muscular, very intimidating door man replied with a tooth-bearing grin, "Of course he did. He's been out here four times already to wonder if I've seen you yet. He's in rare form tonight little Miss, rare form."

Ana could only shake her head in amusement as Sal stepped to the side to let her pass, his content smile fading as a handful of stray potential patrons attempted to rush in behind her. "She is special, and you are not. Get back in line!" His intimidating growl was a mask only Ana could see past and his bright smile returned as he leaned down to Ana's level when the crowd reluctantly returned to the line.

"Take care of yourself tonight little Miss." Sal smiled happily as Ana pecked him on the cheek.

“I will; I’ll see you soon, you can help me drag him to the cab.”

With a smile, Ana was off, dashing through the doors and heading into the crowded bar. The moment she stepped through the door, she was sure that she would never find him in the mass of people that were currently invading Angels & Kings; but when his familiar voice echoed over the crowd, through the sound system, a silly smile spread on her face as she mumbled the answer to herself, “Karaoke.”

Obviously, her best bet was not scoping him out in the crowd once he made an exit from the stage, so Ana pushed through the crowd towards the VIP booth just as the song had ended. Patrick had spotted her almost immediately and was eagerly hurrying in her direction.

“ANA-BANANA!” The screech of his excitement brought a smile to her face.

"Patrick Martin Stump, are you drunk?" Pretending to be offended, she stood sternly with her arms crossed over her chest, holding back her smile.

Patrick had finally reached her through the crowd but her question immediately went unanswered as he uncrossed her arms, placed his hands on her cheeks and pressed his lips firmly against hers. Nodding his head, but mumbling a “not yet”, his hands stayed planted on her cheeks and moments later his lips were on hers again before she pulled away, much to Patrick’s dismay.

"Well then" Ana smiled deviously, reaching up and taking Patrick's hand from her cheek, "Let's buy you a drink."

"IMA BUY YOU A DRANK! Doot, doo, weeeeee, ohhhh!" Patrick sang obnoxiously in her ear as she led him to the bar, their hands intertwined firmly, before Patrick let go to wrap his arms around her waist, his body pressing hers against the bar as she rolled her eyes and placed her order, "and then I'll take you hoooomeee with meeeeeeee."

"Two buttery nipples!" The bartender eagerly complied, bounding off to concoct her order as Patrick's lips met the skin on her neck, his breathe hot on her ear, sending a shiver through her entire body.

"I'll butter your nipples."

Ana smirked wildly to herself before putting on a straight face and turning to face him, his arms still wrapped tightly around her waist. "You are a dirty boy."

Smart ass Patrick was the most amusing Patrick, and Ana smiled prematurely as his lips returned to her neck and then again to her ear. "Dirty boys needs to be properly punished."

When the bartender returned with their shots, Ana took hers like a pro, immediately placing another order as the alcohol burned her throat, sending a warm feeling throughout her body. Patrick's lips were on her throat again as his body kept her pressed, back against the bar, his mouth beginning to ramble "I missed you!"

"I missed you too" Ana smiled brightly as his lips met hers.

Two shots and three drinks later Ana was feeling good and Patrick was nearly incoherent. The bar was becoming far too crowded for Ana's liking and after the day she had and the dancing they had just been enduring, her legs were killing her.

"I think we should leave." Ana shouted over the music, her lips grazing Patrick's ear and sending a tingle down his spine.

"I told you I would get to take you home with me" Patrick smirked wildly, grabbing her hand and heading to what he believed was the door.

"How are you tonight Mr. and nearly Mrs. Stump?" Sal joked as they made their way out the door.

"We are doing just great" Ana smiled quietly as she held Patrick's arm, unsure of whether or not she was trying to balance him, or balance herself.

"This is going to be my wife!" Patrick exclaimed happily, Sal nodded to appease him. "We're going to get married. Isn't she pretty? I'm the luckiest guy in the world!"

"I would have to agree with you there!" Sal smiled happily and Patrick continued to ramble.

“I’m so happy she’s all mine, I bought her the biggest diamond I could find because she’s the prettiest girl in the world. I love you, banana.”

Ana apprehensively glanced down at the ring on her finger as Patrick rambled, catching her off guard as he pressed his lips hard against hers; Sal then ushering them to the curb and hailing them a cab. “Are you good to go?” Ana couldn’t be more thankful for him on a night like tonight, and she nodded sternly as he helped them safely into the cab; waving goodbye as she rattled off the address of their hotel.

Ana’s last few drinks would come into full affect before they reached the hotel and she could only blame the alcohol for her lack of inhibitions, convincing her to grope Patrick so shamelessly in the back of a taxi cab, allowing him to pin her against the elevator wall, his lips hot on the sensitive skin of her neck as they drifted up the nine stories to their hotel room. Ana would soon have Patrick’s pants undone before the elevator would even stop at their floor and she would know the effect she was having when his length was pressed against her hips as she slid the key card into the door.

Her sweater was off before Patrick could even kick the door shut, but just seconds later his hands were cupping her breasts so tenderly before slipping off her silk tank top, his hands immediately going to work on the clasp of her bra.

"I love you so much Ana" Patrick was rambling again as Ana's lips made their way around his chin, neck and shoulders now, her hands working feverishly to undo the buttons of his shirt, "And I don't even care that you lied about knowing me because I love you and I just want to love you forever and I don't want you to hate me and run away from me."

"I love you, I won't ever do that again." His pants were next and Patrick groaned deeply as her left hand groped relentlessly between his legs, her right hand working quickly to push them down over his hips.

"I want you so bad" Patrick pushed her lightly back onto the bed, his lips momentarily leaving hers to venture to her chest and then her stomach, as his hands worked on her jeans, fumbling with her belt and the zipper before Ana took control, pushing them down over her hips and thighs and kicking them to the floor, moaning deeply as her lips returned to his neck and ear lope.

“I need you in me”

Crawling over her and positioning himself between her legs, Patrick kissed her neck and chest so tenderly and with such compassion, trying his best to physically express the love he had for the girl lying beneath him, unable to really ever find the right correlation of words to convey the message. But tonight, Ana got the message as Patrick’s thrusts sent shivers through her entire body, her muscles tightening with each movement.

Thankful that alcohol allows you to let go and shamelessly show how you really feel, tonight opened up her mind and she had decided that maybe she was finally ready for commitment, and Patrick absolutely needed to know.

"Oh God Patrick, harder."

Well, maybe it could wait until later.

"Fuck" Patrick groaned as he thrust deeper, her legs wrapping tightly around his waist as he managed to push them both to the edge.

The next morning, they would find their clothes thrown all around the room and hangovers would soon ensure, but sometimes we need to suffer just slightly to get to what we really want; and sometimes the suffering is worth it just for one night of complete love, lust and total clarity.
Sign up to rate and review this story