Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Dragon's Hidden Love

Chapter 4

by EmoBoy0013 0 reviews

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Tohru - Published: 2007-10-01 - Updated: 2007-10-01 - 1025 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Don’t own it, never will

Me: Well, er, hope you like this chapter.

Tohru: (running from a naked Hatori) Aaagh! I got to get going I really do

Hatori: But Tohru…

Tohru: (runs away)

Hatori: (grabs me and drags me)

Me: I feel so loved!

Hatori: Shut up


Hatori woke up early the next day. He went to check up on Tohru, but she wasn’t in bed. She wasn’t in anywhere for that matter. Hatori started to get a little worried, until Shigure cleared things up with him.

“She said she felt fine, and went out shopping.”

“How could you let her do that, what if she still has a fever, or what if she collapses again?”

“I’m sure she’ll be fine, besides, if you worry too much, you’ll go bald.”

“In any case, I need to get back. Akito needs his check-up”

Hatori went back to the main house and checked in on Akito. He had a fever and was told not to go anywhere for that day. He decided to take a walk, he desperately needed fresh air. As he was walking in the park, he spotted Tohru. She was talking to her friends, the yankee and the psychic girl. She was smiling. He continued to walk, trying to get his mind off of Tohru. He finally found who could. Ayame was walking towards him.

“Hello Ha’ri! I had a great time yesterday. Not everyday you turn 28 right?”

“I suppose so… what are you doing away from your shop?”

“Mine had the day off, so I decided to take one too. You know having no one around could drive one to madness”

“Yes how could anyone possibly go for five minutes without talking.”

“You’re absolutely right, Ha’ri. It’s near impossible to work without company.” Aya said either ignoring Hatori’s comment or not getting it.

Hatori and Ayame talked for a while longer, until it was time for Ayame to leave to get the store ready for the next day.
They waved their good-byes and went their separate ways. Hatori partly wished that he could’ve talked to the Snake just a little bit longer, as Tohru was quickly coming back to his mind.

“Hatori?”

He was quickly jarred out of his deep thought and looked at his addresser. It was Tohru.

“Hello, Tohru.”

“I just wanted to thank you. For everything.”

“It’s part of my job.” He couldn’t stop looking at her. She was so beautiful. He wanted to hold her so bad.

“I’m still grateful, though. You really didn’t have to help me.” Her lips were drawn into one of her famous smiles.

“I wanted to.” He couldn’t look away. It took every ounce of his being to not gather her in his arms and kiss her passionately.

“Oh, well I should get going. Thank you once again.”

“Yes, I hope you feel better, good bye.” He didn’t want her to leave but he also didn’t want to do anything rash.

She walked away, and Hatori began to walk back to the main house.

“I love you…” he whispered into the emptiness.


*
Tohru walked back to Shigure’s house. It was getting late and she hadn’t even started dinner yet. All she could think about was Hatori. His secret kiss. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn’t realize Shigure was standing in the kitchen.

“Hello Tohru”

“Hmm?” she was jerked out of her thoughts. “Oh, hello Shigure. Don’t worry, I’m getting dinner ready right now.”

“Hold on, I want to talk to you about something.”

“Oh yes. What is it?”

“I have a question.” He said quietly. “Do you like Hatori?”

“Uh-Huh, he’s really nice, and a good doctor.” She was starting to get worried

“That’s not what I meant.” He looked right at her. “I mean do you love him?”

Tohru hadn’t thought that it would be so obvious. She tried to keep her feelings hidden, but she must blush too much. Even when she hears his name she blushed. She was blushing right now.

“Well, uh…”

“Mm-hmm…?”

“Yes.” She finally squeaked.

“I thought so.”

Tohru just stared at the ground. She should have known that Shigure would have figured it out. He’s very observant. Before anything else could be said about the matter, a slam of a door and two fighting teens sounded through the house announcing that the Cat and the Mouse were home. Tohru was very relieved.

“I better get started on dinner.”

“I’ll be in my study.”

“Ok, I’ll call you when it’s ready.”

“Oh yes and Tohru”

“Yes?”

“You should tell him how you feel.”

Shigure winked at her and left the kitchen. She stood staring at the doorway for a full minute before Yuki tapped her on the shoulder and asked is she was ok. She assured him and got right on to dinner. She spent the rest of the time thinking about Shigure’s words. After dinner, Tohru didn’t feel to well and went to lay down. All three men wanted to make sure that she alright. She kept saying yes, that it was just a little cold and that she would be ok in the morning.

All through the night, Tohru vomited, and had aches and pains throughout her body, and cold sweat. Shigure could hear her upstairs in the bathroom the following morning and called Hatori.

“How long has she been sick?” Hatori asked on the other line, his voice sounded worried.

“Since last night. She said it was a little cold. But knowing Tohru, she could be on her deathbed and call that a little cold.”

“Shigure, that’s not funny at all.”

“I know, I just wanted to see how you reacted.”

Hatori promptly hung up the phone and went to get his jacket. He had to make sure she was alright.

Hatori: Ha, funny story, Jarrett’s not here. He, er, got, um. Stuck.

Me: (Hanging from the ceiling with silk ribbons) Don’t ask
Sign up to rate and review this story