Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

Dropping, 'I'm Sorry' Like You're Still Around.

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 4 reviews

Saffy meets up with Patrick at the library. (Mild Language)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2007-10-03 - 960 words - Complete

1Moving
Chapter Seven: Dropping 'I'm Sorry' Like You're Still Around.

"I confess, I messed up. Dropping "I'm sorry" like you're still around."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I sank back in a bean bag chair. I wish I could disappear between the soft fabric and become lost in the cushion, that holds me firmly. I snuck a glance at the neatly painted numbers imprinted on the ticking clock. I clutched the brightly, colored fragments resting in my sweaty palms. I searched the quiet library where massive amounts of books were crammed against each other in a stuffed manner. Dust coated the age-torn bindings of some. I fixed my gaze towards the entrance door, where I awaited Patrick's arrival. He wasn't expecting me to be here. I just knew he always came to the local library every Thursday, for reading, studying, or whatever he needed from books. But, I was unsure of his arrival, because now he was involved with Pete and his time was wasted on the snarky boy. I tapped my fingers against the silky bean bag chair as I browsed the library where few bookworms planted their skinny noses in thick novels of award-winning authors.

Suddenly, a familiar figure appeared through the cold, glass entrance doors and I propped myself up a bit, of his existing body. He didn't seem to notice my presence as he sauntered across the room to a nearby book shelf and began observing the variety of books that rested on the hard wood. I swallowed back as a nervous drop of sweat trickled down my forehead. This wasn't going to be easy. I was never to good at saying 'sorry.' I always wanted to be right, and wrong wasn't one of the words I used in my vocabulary much. I hesitantly treaded to Patrick as I tapped on his slouched shoulder. He quickly jerked around and as his eyes caught the glimpse of me, his face fell into a bitter one. He raised an eyebrow and twisted his chapped lips in distaste.

"What?" he snapped with spite leaking from his tone.

I took a quick breath in before saying anything.

"I... I just wanted to...." I trailed off trying to search for words. Patrick leaned against the dusty book case.

"Wanted to what?" he mocked as crimson flushed in my pale cheeks.

"Wanted to say sorry. And, maybe we could start over? I'm really sorry and I hate that we fought over something as silly as that. I was wrong. Just.... Just, please forgive me?" I explained in a whispered voice with my green eyes traveling to my checkered vans. My hope was built pretty high. If we fought, he'd usually forgive me if I were to say sorry first.

"No. I don't think so." he answered as I received a death-cold stare from him.

My heart suddenly clashed into my stomach, where it was disintegrated from poisonous acid leaking from utter pain.

"Please, Patrick. I'm sorry. I really am. Just, forgive me? Please." I pleaded. I sounded like a tiny girl who had just gotten her favorite toy taken away. It was pathetic.

"No." he replied, smirking as if he enjoyed watching me beg. My heart had swollen into a huge scar in the middle of my chest. Why was he so cruel? He has certainly changed.

I suddenly grew angry. It was a ridiculous fight, and I was admitting my faults, but he didn't even acknowledge my apology.

"What the hell is wrong with you anyway? Why won't you just accept the fucking apology!" I scolded in a hushed voice. His fire-blue eyes daggered deeper into mine as he adjusted himself back to his feet and off the book case.

"You aren't sorry. You just want a fucking partner for the Talent Show!" he exclaimed with fury flaming in his eyes. I couldn't believe this. He should know me better than that. I was heart-broken over our miniscule fight and his new changes, and he thinks it's all for a lame talent show?

"Are you serious? I can't believe you! You should know me better than that!" I said with my voice raising a bit higher.

"Yeah, sure. Well, apparently I'm 'changing' and I'm not 'myself' when I think you're just jealous!" he raised higher.

I flung my head back and belly laughed, condescendingly.

"Jealous?! Of what!" I yelled, showing anger.

At this point, all eyes were glued to Patrick and I. But, that didn't stop us from continuing.

"You're completely jealous of my friendship with Pete! You're being way too selfish, because you want me all to yourself. Well, I've got news for you, Saffron Elizabeth Cline! Friends don't always last forever!" he shouted in my face, as burning tears poured out of my eyes. He seemed so right, it was scary. Maybe I was jealous and selfish.

"Well, I guess you'll be wanting this back." I whispered handing him my piece of the 'Friends Forever' key chain that was still firmly clutched in the sweaty palm of my hand. He looked back up at me, with glossy eyes that held a mixture of hurt and confusion. He was about to mutter something until he was cut off by me running out of the library with tears dropping like rain from my clouded eyes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Aw. How sad.

Super thanks to ClandestineUntited, i_heart_cliches, aloneinacrowdedroom, mooniexmisfit, and RebeccaRambunctious for your spectacular reviews! They certainly made my day. Not kidding either. :D

I know my writing is a bit off. But today went by a bit slow and inspiration was slim. Promise next chapter will be better. Unless, it's a filler... Hm....?

I'd like to see what the readers think, so reviews and ratings will help. :DDD

Comment/Compliment/Critique.
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story